PDA

View Full Version : Getting a good night's sleep might go a long way to improving sex life

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-12-2017, 06:00 PM
http://www.msn.com/en-us/health/healthtrending/sex-could-be-better-for-women-if-they-get-this-every-night/ar-AAmvkAX?li=BBnbfcL&ocid=SK2ADHP

Woman not sleeping, Women who prioritize and improve this are more satisfied with their sex lives, a new study suggests.

Getting a good night's sleep might go a long way to improving sex life for middle-aged and older women, a new study suggests.

Researchers, who analyzed data from 93,668 women aged 50 to 79, found those who got less than seven to eight hours of sleep each night were less likely to be satisfied with their sex lives, compared to those who slept longer, according to the report published in Menopause.

Insomnia also seemed to diminish the likelihood a woman would feel satisfied with her sex life, the researchers found.

While no one knows for sure why less sleep might lead to less sexual satisfaction, the study's lead author, Dr. Juliana Kling, has some ideas.

"We know that sleep is really important for our functioning," said Kling, an assistant professor of medicine at the Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, Arizona. "Lack of sleep oftentimes leads to difficulty with concentration along with other ramifications. A lot of sex is in the brain and if we're not alert and we're not able to focus, that might help explain some of the findings."

Studies in younger women seem to back this up. "A study in healthy college age women found that the number of hours slept at night was related to the level of sexual desire the next day," Kling said.

So it's quite possible that the hit sleep takes as women age could be having an impact on their sex lives.

The majority of women in the study, 60 percent, reported they achieved those magical seven to eight hours of sleep. So, perhaps not surprisingly, 56 percent of the women said they were somewhat or very satisfied with their current sexual activity.

But among those who slept less, sex occurred more rarely and was less satisfying, Kling and her colleagues found.

The bottom line, Kling said, is "the findings really suggest that high quality and sufficient sleep is important for sexual function. "We need to be making sure that we're looking at those factors and other healthy habits and not from just the gynecological perspective."

The new findings make Dr. Phyllis Zee wonder: "if we could prioritize and improve sleep in women, particularly those who are peri-menopausal and post-menopausal, could we improve their sexual function?"

"This type of research leads us to ask more questions," said Zee, professor of neurology and the director of the Center for Circadian and Sleep Medicine at Northwestern University. "From a clinical standpoint, it would make me think of things I hadn't thought of before. Now, I will ask about sleep and sexual function."

The findings may add to the growing list of reasons why we should prioritize sleep, said Rebecca Thurston, a professor of psychiatry at the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine. "There's a relationship between shortened sleep and the risk for cardiovascular disease," Thurston said. "And we also know that it affects people's mood and anxiety levels as well as cognitive function."

WHO DID NOT ALREADY KNOW THIS?
MOST HETEROSEXUAL MALES HAD RATHER HAVE SEX THAN SLEEP OR EAT FOR THAT MATTER, WOMEN HAD RATHER SLEEP FIRST IF NEEDED--THEN HAVE SEX IN A BETTER MOOD UPON WAKING.
My wife asked for new pillows about two months ago. I hopped in the car and went out and bought them right away.
Cause when momma aint happy, the husband soon finds out that he aint agonna be happppppppppppppppppppppppppy!!--:laugh:-Tyr

gabosaurus
02-12-2017, 10:27 PM
Tyr, why are you posting this on DP? :p

Gunny
02-13-2017, 11:39 AM
Tyr, why are you posting this on DP? :p

Gabriella, why rain on tyr's parade? Worst thing that ever happened to womankind is I just don't give a f*ck about sex. Know your audience. Don't know about the rest of the old men on this board. but for me, using sex as a weapon don't cut around here anymore. I'd rather have steak and lobster. At least I'd get something out of that.

gabosaurus
02-13-2017, 11:48 AM
Twas a humorous response. Chill thyself out. :cool:

Gunny
02-13-2017, 01:37 PM
Twas a humorous response. Chill thyself out. :cool:

I'm totally chill. Doesn't mean I ain't going to mess with your dumb ass when I get a chance. :slap: You stick your crank in the door and I'm going to slam that MFer EVERY time.

NightTrain
02-13-2017, 01:57 PM
I'm totally chill. Doesn't mean I ain't going to mess with your dumb ass when I get a chance. :slap: You stick your crank in the door and I'm going to slam that MFer EVERY time.

She's busy avoiding the thread that exposes her for a liar.

Which one? Why, I'm glad you asked, Gunny! This one : http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?58238-How-Does-Eight-Million-Deportations-Sound&p=856690#post856690

Pretty typical - she gets cornered, she flees the scene and studiously ignores her indiscretions.

The longer she runs, the funnier this is. :thumb:

Gunny
02-13-2017, 02:09 PM
She's busy avoiding the thread that exposes her for a liar.

Which one? Why, I'm glad you asked, Gunny! This one : http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?58238-How-Does-Eight-Million-Deportations-Sound&p=856690#post856690

Pretty typical - she gets cornered, she flees the scene and studiously ignores her indiscretions.

The longer she runs, the funnier this is. :thumb:

No HERE is funny fj1200 .... So the Son in law asks "Why are we getting flowers for your daughter?" Tomorrow's Valentines Day? She's pregnant with YOUR child? Them chicky poo's want their flowers and their candy and a goofy card. Trying to make any logical sense out of it is a waste of time. They want their touchy-feely sh*t and you better produce or I can guarantee who won't. :slap: