PDA

View Full Version : This morn, got an email announcing that my poem has made poem of the week

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-14-2017, 08:34 AM
THIS MORN, GOT AN EMAIL ANNOUNCING THIS POEM HAS MADE POEM OF THE WEEK .
In my four years writing there, none of my poems have made Poem Of The Week....
They receive several thousands of poems each week. I copied the entire section, comments made on this poem.
POTW, was chosen/announced this morning.
I can think of no better poem of mine to have receive this honor... for no subject I have ever written about, has been more deeply felt or deeper loved than my mother.
She told me when I was very young, someday, you will be a writer.. Better late than never... -Tyr

Poem of the Week - A New Poem Every Week

The Poem of the Week is the highest rated poem from the previous week on **********. We use a special formula to determine the selected poem. A poem cannot be selected more than once as poem of the week. Also, the poem must have been posted within the past week (or so). See also: Poem of the Day.

Robert Lindley Avatar Robert Lindley - LIFETIME Premium Member Robert Lindley -
Premium Member Premium Member Send Soup Mail Go to Poets Blog

Below is the poem of the week entitled In A Sad Blindness, One May Yet Find Hope which was written by poet Robert Lindley.
In A Sad Blindness, One May Yet Find Hope

In A Sad Blindness, One May Yet Find Hope
(The Solemn Prayer)

Raining splashing, fierce winds blowing and huge trees sway
I pray not for all this, on some other black day
With dark blue shadows plotting my early demise
I seek deep wisdom from sages worldly and wise
Not just some clever words to soothe this shattered heart
Instead sweet hope, light in words, to this life restart
With power to waken these world-blinded closed eyes
Stop salty tear drops falling from splintered skies.

On this day, life should see past these looming black-storms
Find solace in love, hope and my loving wife's arms
Yet that stone wall, yields to nothing but great power
Far more than this broken soul can muster this hour
When thus lost, can one ever find again that Light
Healer of dagger stabbed wounds, found on a dark night
I pray, gift wisdom to walk that one true-lit path
Release this sad soul from, this evil, wicked wrath.

Raining splashing, fierce winds blowing and huge trees sway
I pray not for all this, on some other black day
With dark blue shadows plotting my early demise
I seek deep wisdom from sages worldly and wise
Not just some clever words to soothe this shattered heart
Instead sweet hope, light in words, to this life restart
With power to waken these world-blinded closed eyes
Stop salty tear drops falling from splintered skies.

Robert J. Lindley, 2-07-2017

Syllables Per Line:
12 12 12 12 12 12 12 12 0 12 12 12 12 12 12 12 12 0 12 12 12 12 12 12 12 12
Total # Syllables: 288
Total # Words: 225

Note- I decided to write this poem, this morn. About half had already been composed in my head yesterday afternoon and I finally sat down now to put pen to paper.
Believe me, in that it was not an easy task to finish this and be satisfied with the results.
Maybe I am just tired and stopped because of that.
I don't know. Maybe on another day, I could have and would have thought this lacking and rewritten it..
But today, I have only enough to say, this is as it is(and thus it may stay), hope you may find it agreeable and not fault me too much .......

Post Comments

Asuncion Avatar
Bernard F. Asuncion
Date: 2/14/2017 12:50:00 AM

Superb poem.... congrats on being chosen for the week....

fleming Avatar
john fleming
Date: 2/13/2017 8:55:00 AM

Very impressive, Robert - Great lines throughout! It is a strange anomaly that we write best when inspired by great euphoria...Or great tragedy. A fine piece of verse my friend! My very best regards as always, Robert. :) john P.s An obvious seven.

Horn Avatar
James Horn
Date: 2/12/2017 12:59:00 PM

sup splattered and will be perfect. Jim

Bennett Avatar
Jeanie Bennett
Date: 2/12/2017 12:30:00 PM

Sweet and sublime--JEANIE--

Seeker Avatar
The Seeker
Date: 2/12/2017 10:58:00 AM

Congrats on having the number 1 best new poem robert. I'm jealous :)

Sands Avatar
Heidi Sands
Date: 2/12/2017 7:58:00 AM

This poem is outstanding. Very well done, Robert. Straight from the soul and perfect.

Capitano Avatar
Phil Capitano
Date: 2/12/2017 4:49:00 AM

If your after notes are apologetic then da Vinci should apologize for the Mona Lisa, this is a masterpiece and should not be changed. A 7 for sure.

Wings Avatar
Broken Wings
Date: 2/11/2017 8:24:00 PM

Robert your poem is so moving and beautifully penned, well done ~

Vinson Avatar
Doug Vinson
Date: 2/11/2017 7:07:00 PM

Robert, my friend, I wish I could give you a big hug. There is a nobility in your writing, and it seems - a Dickensian tempest within you. It's biologically inevitable that we come upon the questions of life against death, whatever we may do with them. There certainly is no criticism here; you are doing. Doing what you have to do, or other, or in-between; better by far than not doing at all. Time is your companion, with all they say it may accomplish. Love you, man. Doug

Nance Avatar
Casarah Nance
Date: 2/10/2017 7:58:00 AM

I think this is so mournfully beautiful, your flow is spot on, there is nothing I would change. I feel a piece of your soul here, it is not just words but life and it seeps in every syllable, a 7 and fave, and many hugs and warm wishes my friend. x

duggan Avatar
lisa duggan
Date: 2/10/2017 3:55:00 AM

This is such a deep emotional poem Robert. As it came from your heart and soul it touched my heart. I cannot put myself in your place because I have never lost someone I truly love. But I felt it through your words, my friend. It is like a rose flower shining above the dark soil. Most definitely a seven from me, my friend....peter

duggan Avatar lisa duggan Date: 2/10/2017 3:57:00 AM

Sorry Robert this is from me Peter. I wrote it through my daughters site by mistake...Peter

Byrne Avatar
Nicola Byrne
Date: 2/9/2017 6:54:00 AM

This absolutely beautiful, Robert, with deep words that express the multitude of different feelings that wash over us in these circumstances. I think it shows real strength, to be able to put these feelings into words with such articulate eloquence like this. A fave.

One Avatar
Silent One
Date: 2/9/2017 6:13:00 AM

You capture the emotions of sadness very well in this poem.. It touched my heart and I feel your pain my friend..

Raven Avatar
Vladislav Raven
Date: 2/8/2017 11:05:00 PM

Robert, i start by saying this is an excellent write and it is a seven and a fav for me. My friend, look at all the comments that have come before mine. You need never think that this piece is lacking anything. It has such a strong emotional content. The light will always come my friend. Your words touch us deeply. My light still shines within me for my mother has not left me. Mother's stay with us always. This write lacks nothing and i would never change a single word. Your Friend always..Mike.

ALLISON Avatar
JAN ALLISON
Date: 2/8/2017 2:44:00 PM

Such a deep emotional write Robert I dread the thought of losing my mum:-( my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family:-) hugs Jan xx

Teagan Avatar
Rebecca Teagan
Date: 2/8/2017 9:16:00 AM

This is a very moving poem, I felt emotional reading it, I could feel the emotions in your words, I felt it was written through tears. Very, very beautiful poem of prayer, Robert. I'm sorry for the loss you feel, and I truly hope you'll find that "sweet hope, light in words, to this life restart..."

Robinson Jr. Avatar
Freddie Robinson Jr.
Date: 2/8/2017 8:53:00 AM

A pure expression of love and loss, Robert. My heart goes out to you ... this poem is so deep w/rich emotions that moves the reader to tears. You allow us inside your soul to feel your pain. The Comforter will be our solace of hope in these barren times. I love the poem, but the reason behind it makes me very sad for you. Love and peace always.

Thomas Avatar
FJ Thomas
Date: 2/8/2017 6:35:00 AM

Indeed a piece from heart and soul. Your burden is heavy yet your words only wanting to find comfort. This is one that touches the very core of a person. Beautiful Robert. I took too much time trying to explain a question earlier so I need to get off but I'll inbox you back when I come back :)

onclaud Avatar
nette onclaud
Date: 2/7/2017 9:56:00 PM

written with such depth and pathos... i feel the light in the shadow; how beautiful can that sense of hope be, robert... a glorious prayers from your soul!..huggs

Johnson-Saunders Avatar
Rhonda Johnson-Saunders
Date: 2/7/2017 9:27:00 PM

Robert, your poem expresses beautifully the love you feel for your mother and the sorrow you feel from your loss. I wouldn't change a line, not even a word. I hope that with time, your grief lessens and you're left with just wonderful memories and the love between mother and son. That love will never die. Sending you hugs and prayers, Rhonda

vaso Avatar
arthur vaso
Date: 2/7/2017 7:53:00 PM

Your immense grief only shows your immense love, beautiful poem Robert.

Marcum Wong Avatar
Connie Marcum Wong
Date: 2/7/2017 6:52:00 PM

Dear Robert, let these moving words you have written ease a bit of your sorrow. Once you have released them to paper with pen may they lighten the burden you carry of any regrets you may feel. Your loving, grieving heart is revealed in this beautiful piece. No changes are necessary. It is perfect as you are, as is... My condolences and love, Connie XXOO

Turner Avatar
Daniel Turner
Date: 2/7/2017 6:08:00 PM

I don't even want to think about losing my mom, Robert, I know how hard this must have been to write. I am sorry for your loss my friend. Writing is the best therapy!

Jennings Avatar
CayCay Jennings
Date: 2/7/2017 4:20:00 PM

TWO and your poem did just that. How blessed you are to have had her here for as long as you did. I feel you. Take it very easy on yourself, be patient with yourself and remain as receptive to your feelings as a poet who is a beloved child of God. Embracing you ... CayCay

Jennings Avatar
CayCay Jennings
Date: 2/7/2017 4:17:00 PM

When one cannot encompass their own emotions, it is difficult to consider that their pen has and that is the only reason you feel lack. You could still be laboring over each line and remain dissatisfied for all we feel often unfolds over a span of years. Your imagery is magnificent, your pain palatable, your poem is full of beauty that reflects the glory of your spirit and love. You did not lose your Mother, just her earthly presence and that hurts. God gives us pain that we call His name

Burch Avatar
Deborah Burch
Date: 2/7/2017 4:01:00 PM

Soup mail...*tear*

Bateman Avatar
Gary Bateman
Date: 2/7/2017 3:30:00 PM

Robert, A magnificent and heartfelt release of your soul's emotions! I'm so sorry to hear of the recent loss of your mother. This is a solemn prayer from the heart for sure. (Thanks for your soup mail too!!) You and your family are in our prayers!! A FAV for me!! Best Always, Gary

Dietrich Avatar
Andrea Dietrich
Date: 2/7/2017 2:57:00 PM

Robert you have released your soul's emotions into this one, the deep grief you recently felt and you have put it onto paper with this magnificent poem. It's exactly what it needs to be, a prayer from your heart. And a fave for me.

Wolf Avatar
White Wolf
Date: 2/7/2017 2:57:00 PM

As I sit here wondering what it is I could say! But you have rendered me speechless! I shall keep this in my favourites however! Soup mail my friend!

Seeker Avatar
The Seeker
Date: 2/7/2017 1:48:00 PM

I see this one is getting lots of attention. Well deserved Robert. Sometimes it is through pain and angst that our inner muse cries out poetically, insisting that it be heard

Rodrigues Avatar
Kim Rodrigues
Date: 2/7/2017 1:01:00 PM

A powerfully emotional write. I find, my friend, there are many poems to come. How can you sum up in life and grief in just one! Your first line says so much with its great emotion and the huge trees like the thoughts of your mind. I wrote so many about my cousin after she passed away. Now after three year, i write a little bit less. Blessings to the moon and back! Handing you a handkerchief.

O.J. Hunt Avatar
Keith O.J. Hunt
Date: 2/7/2017 12:57:00 PM

Amen Robert. Sincerity defines truth; you have poured all the colors and feelings shown and felt, within you. Let the pen flow, you are a beautiful poet, you remind of Keats, The Holy Affections of the Heart; he wasn't always full of light, but never negative, we are human and need to share sometimes, in good and hard times. I love the last line, you've done well with this poem, keep letting it flow if there's more.My heart and prayers are with you. I just sent you a flock of my favorite angels!

Gren Avatar
Teppo Gren
Date: 2/7/2017 12:53:00 PM

So very deep and touching prayer, Robert. You always speak from your heart and soul. I'm sorry for your loss. God bless. T.J

Smith Avatar
Charlie Smith
Date: 2/7/2017 12:27:00 PM

Only sweet hope from words of light to you Robert. Peace be with you...

Devonshire Avatar
Carolyn Devonshire
Date: 2/7/2017 12:19:00 PM

Robert, This is very sad and I know just how you feel. It is very difficult to arise from the depths of depression when it seems everything is going wrong. Well done! Carolyn

Callus Avatar
Paul Callus
Date: 2/7/2017 12:02:00 PM

How could one go fault finding after having read such a beautiful and touching poem, Robert! It's like when I see a captivating rose...I don't go looking for the thorns, but instead partake of its beauty. You write with feeling and sincerity, my friend. Blessings....paul

Chircop Avatar
Charmaine Chircop
Date: 2/7/2017 12:01:00 PM

The power of God and so His love will open the world blinded closed eyes..and what a beauty they will see..what serenity they will find..If this world is so beautiful with all its troubles..Imagine the world that follows...I am deeply touched..my heart and soul are with you in prayer.

Buhagiar Avatar
Victor Buhagiar
Date: 2/7/2017 11:38:00 AM

This is a very deep poem. There is great intensity about it. You show your emotions well. A great poem #7

Smith Avatar
Tim Smith
Date: 2/7/2017 11:28:00 AM

This touched my heart deeply Robert. I pray along side you. blessings to you and your family.

CSM
02-14-2017, 09:37 AM
Congratulations

jimnyc
02-14-2017, 09:50 AM
Congrats, Tyr!!