PDA

View Full Version : Marine convicted of murdering Iraqi man

waterrescuedude2000
08-02-2007, 10:00 PM
CAMP PENDLETON, Calif. - A Marine Corps squad leader was convicted Thursday of murdering an Iraqi man during a frustrated search for an insurgent.
ADVERTISEMENT

Sgt. Lawrence G. Hutchins III, 23, also was convicted of conspiracy to commit murder, making a false official statement and larceny. He was acquitted of kidnapping, assault and housebreaking.

Hutchins, of Plymouth, Mass., could be sentenced to life in prison without parole. He had been charged with premeditated murder but the military jury struck the premeditation element from the verdict. Sentencing deliberations for Hutchins were set to begin Friday morning.

He had been identified as Hashim Ibrahim Awad, 52, but the name was dropped after defense attorneys contended the identity was not conclusive.

"Lawyers for Hutchins argued that he participated in the plot because his own officers had set a poor leadership example and given approval for Marines to use violence in capturing and interrogating suspected insurgents."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070803/ap_on_re_us/marines_iraq_shooting

And then our government wonders why we don't re-enlist and why moral is way down. And then they bitch that they can't get recruits. How many of our soldiers have been charged with this bull shit?? They are being tried for doing their jobs. And you know what it may sound cold to you but, If I were in the field and I knew that some guy had intel that would save lives of my men I'd torture him to save my men thats whats called LEADERSHIP

nevadamedic
08-02-2007, 10:18 PM
:poke: There is already a thread about this.

PostmodernProphet
08-02-2007, 10:18 PM
They are being tried for doing their jobs.

??...their job is killing terrorists, not killing people who aren't terrorists because they are frustrated....

nevadamedic
08-02-2007, 10:19 PM
http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?t=5827

waterrescuedude2000
08-02-2007, 10:46 PM
I missed that one.. Oh well.

actsnoblemartin
08-03-2007, 02:43 AM
I understand that, but we cant understand what was going on in their heads.

??...their job is killing terrorists, not killing people who aren't terrorists because they are frustrated....