PDA

View Full Version : ......Carlos Santana Pokes Beehive, Says Beyoncé ‘Not a Singer’

LongTermGuy
02-16-2017, 02:22 AM
"The overwhelming consensus since Sunday night is that Beyonce was robbed at the Grammys. But according to legendary guitarist Carlos Santana, Queen Bey deserved the surprising upset that saw Adele’s “25” beat Beyonce’s “Lemonade” to win Album of the Year.

Santana, weighing in on the matter this week, for some reason, declared about Adele that “she can sing,” while Beyonce, he says, is “not a singer.”
“I think that Adele won because she can sing, sing,” Santana told the Australian Associated Press, via the New Zealand Herald (http://www.nzherald.co.nz/entertainment/news/article.cfm?c_id=1501119&objectid=11800608).
He added, “With all respect to our sister Beyonce, Beyonce is very beautiful to look at and it’s more like modelling kind of music – music to model a dress – she’s not a singer, singer, with all respect to her.”

https://www.yahoo.com/music/carlos-santana-pokes-beyhive-says-beyonc-not-singer-
231040038.html (https://www.yahoo.com/music/carlos-santana-pokes-beyhive-says-beyonc-not-singer-231040038.html)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxHngEGuXRA

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-16-2017, 06:42 AM
"The overwhelming consensus since Sunday night is that Beyonce was robbed at the Grammys. But according to legendary guitarist Carlos Santana, Queen Bey deserved the surprising upset that saw Adele’s “25” beat Beyonce’s “Lemonade” to win Album of the Year.

Santana, weighing in on the matter this week, for some reason, declared about Adele that “she can sing,” while Beyonce, he says, is “not a singer.”
“I think that Adele won because she can sing, sing,” Santana told the Australian Associated Press, via the New Zealand Herald (http://www.nzherald.co.nz/entertainment/news/article.cfm?c_id=1501119&objectid=11800608).
He added, “With all respect to our sister Beyonce, Beyonce is very beautiful to look at and it’s more like modelling kind of music – music to model a dress – she’s not a singer, singer, with all respect to her.”

https://www.yahoo.com/music/carlos-santana-pokes-beyhive-says-beyonc-not-singer-
231040038.html (https://www.yahoo.com/music/carlos-santana-pokes-beyhive-says-beyonc-not-singer-231040038.html)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxHngEGuXRA

If comparing the two as singers , Beyonce comes in far, far, far behind.
Adele easily has the best singing voice.
Beyonce is over-hyped, as they always do with black singers, actors, artists these days.
Carlos nailed it, and its refreshing to see famous people start to speak truth about this PC culture, black appeasement on steroids..
If Beyonce was better, I'd say so. Perhaps only Whitney Houston had a better singing voice than Adele.
Would be a very close call to make on that one , IMHO...-TYR

jimnyc
02-16-2017, 12:55 PM
Good to see you here, my friend! :beer:

pete311
02-16-2017, 01:07 PM
Adele is clearly the better singer, but Beyonce is no slouch. There are far far worse pop stars out there.

jimnyc
02-16-2017, 01:19 PM
Adele is clearly the better singer, but Beyonce is no slouch. There are far far worse pop stars out there.

Agreed. I DO NOT like Beyonce, but obviously she can sing. But Adele is 50x better. And I can see where Santana is coming from. Music has changed since I was younger, and it's now more about choreography and dancing, and less about singing. Adele deserved the award much more than Adele, IMO.

Elessar
02-16-2017, 04:40 PM
If comparing the two as singers , Beyonce comes in far, far, far behind.
Adele easily has the best singing voice.
Beyonce is over-hyped, as they always do with black singers, actors, artists these days.
Carlos nailed it, and its refreshing to see famous people start to speak truth about this PC culture, black appeasement on steroids..
If Beyonce was better, I'd say so. Perhaps only Whitney Houston had a better singing voice than Adele.
Would be a very close call to make on that one , IMHO...-TYR

Whitney Houston was a knock-out as a singer. I loved her rendition of the Star Spangled Banner at the Super Bowl.

Ann Wilson of HEART was no slouch, either and her sister Nancy pretty good as well.

Abbey Marie
02-16-2017, 04:43 PM
Agreed. I DO NOT like Beyonce, but obviously she can sing. But Adele is 50x better. And I can see where Santana is coming from. Music has changed since I was younger, and it's now more about choreography and dancing, and less about singing. Adele deserved the award much more than Adele, IMO.

Sooo much distraction to hide the lack of talent.

Black Diamond
02-16-2017, 04:46 PM
Sooo much distraction to hide the lack of talent.
I am sure Michelle was shocked to her core when Beyoncé visted the White House.

Noir
02-16-2017, 06:05 PM
Singing isn't all about singing.

Examples, Bob Dylan, Thom Yorke, Leonard Cohen, Buffy Saint-Marie, Tori Amos and so on.

Elessar
02-16-2017, 08:06 PM

Examples, Bob Dylan, Thom Yorke, Leonard Cohen, Buffy Saint-Marie, Tori Amos and so on.

Then what is it? I prefer vocal quality, Karen Carpenter being another example. She was not as powerful
as Houston or Wilson, but a pure quality that you could actually hear the words - or as our chorus director
used to say "Enunciation".

aboutime
02-16-2017, 08:13 PM

Now, that's funny stuff Noir. "Singing isn't all about singing."

Would that be like Breathing? Breathing isn't all about "SURVIVING"????

Abbey Marie
02-16-2017, 11:34 PM

Well, it is. But sometimes it's also about excellent songwriting, like Dylan. But Beyonce doesn't do that, either.

LongTermGuy
02-17-2017, 08:15 AM
Well, it is. But sometimes it's also about excellent songwriting, like Dylan. But Beyonce doesn't do that, either.

Agreed...`as far as`... song writing..Carlos does a good job...I see it in this video..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95kCv10duFw

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-17-2017, 08:28 AM
Agreed...`as far as`... song writing..Carlos does a good job...I see it in this video..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95kCv10duFw

I have always loved that song. And most of Santana's music as well.-Tyr

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-17-2017, 08:35 AM

Great point made-as singing is not about dancing half-naked, SHAKING ONES RATHER TOO LARGE ASS--that is called--DANCING!!!
DANCING FOR THOSE TOO SLOW TO UNDERSTAND-- THEY BLUR THE LINE TO COVER FOR HER LACK.

PATSY KLINE ONE OF THE GREATEST EVER(MAYBE THE GREATEST EVER), NEVER DANCED TO COVER FOR ANYTHING LACKING IN HER VOICE. A FACT!

Which points yet again to my previous comment about how truth is that, black singers/entertainers are faithfully over-hyped because of liberals, media and the PC culture.
Behindy-shower, being a glaring example of that sad truth, IMHO...-Tyr

KarlMarx
02-17-2017, 09:07 PM
Well, I guess I have to say that I do not care at all for the music of probably the past 10 years ... at least.

Perhaps I'm being biased but there just aren't any musicians like the those of the bands that were around when I was a young guy.

But, I've given up on rock and roll, and have moved on to Ambient and Baroque Music....

Beyonce is an Obama boot licker anyway. She could sing like Joan Sutherland (and she doesn't) I'd be inclined to call her a terrible singer just the same.

jimnyc
02-18-2017, 01:24 PM

Then what is singing? Dancing? OF COURSE singing is all about singing, it's all about the voice.

Others today are performers in addition to singing perhaps. But the singing is still nothing more than singing - and THAT is what Santana is speaking of, and he's correct. Adele can sing like not many before her, she has a GREAT voice. Beyonce isn't bad, not my style, but she relies on the choreography and dancing as much if not more than the singing.

There aren't a lot of PURE singers left anymore. Even rock n roll which is awesome, even many bands rely on stage antics and less so on their singer actually being able to sing.

aboutime
02-18-2017, 10:41 PM
I have always loved that song. And most of Santana's music as well.-Tyr

THAT is Music. Today's so-called music is generally, either redone, or changed in tempo. But sadly. THERE IS NO MORE ORIGINAL MUSIC being made where the words can be understood, or the music actually danced to....CHANGE for the sake of CHANGE has ruined society, top to bottom.

Noir
02-19-2017, 05:47 AM
Then what is singing? Dancing? OF COURSE singing is all about singing, it's all about the voice.

Others today are performers in addition to singing perhaps. But the singing is still nothing more than singing - and THAT is what Santana is speaking of, and he's correct. Adele can sing like not many before her, she has a GREAT voice. Beyonce isn't bad, not my style, but she relies on the choreography and dancing as much if not more than the singing.

There aren't a lot of PURE singers left anymore. Even rock n roll which is awesome, even many bands rely on stage antics and less so on their singer actually being able to sing.

Singing, like all forms of art, is about making a connection.

sundaydriver
02-19-2017, 12:31 PM
Tickets go on sale tomorrow for Carlos at Musikfest. Picking up 4 for August. :2up:

Abbey Marie
08-25-2019, 01:18 AM
Two years later, we are so racially polarized, I doubt Santana would now make such a statement.

LongTermGuy
08-31-2019, 12:12 AM
Your focus will improve. Your reality will be true. Deception will be a thing of the past. Hollywood is dead.

Their lies will make us sick. The end is so near. Brace yourself. Share the love. Share the goodness. Be

righteous..........

Noir
08-31-2019, 03:46 AM
Maybe two years on Santana has learned that he can compliment someone without talking someone else down.

High_Plains_Drifter
08-31-2019, 07:16 AM
I wonder how Santana would feel if SRV said he couldn't play guitar?

Abbey Marie
08-31-2019, 10:45 AM
Maybe two years on Santana has learned that he can compliment someone without talking someone else down.

I wish this was true for a lot of people, but human nature seems to just go that way.
Though the comparison between the two singers kind of makes the compliment “sing”, lol.

Abbey Marie
08-31-2019, 10:46 AM
I wonder how Santana would feel if SRV said he couldn't play guitar?

Vaughn?

High_Plains_Drifter
09-01-2019, 08:10 AM
Vaughn?
Yup, Stevie Ray Vaughan.