PDA

View Full Version : PBA Cards

jimnyc
02-16-2017, 01:30 PM
So my friend is a sergeant in the local police department. Or I should say he was, as he just retired 3 months ago. He just gave me another PBA sticker for my truck today and another card for the wallet. He was with them for well over 20 years and his name/cards should be gold within our own neighborhood. I assume if I get pulled over for turning on red when I wasn't supposed to, in my own town, they may take the card away and let me go with a warning.

But has anyone ever had any success with them for sure? I don't think I've actually ever used one in the commission of my many crimes! :)

I also used to have FOP cards from a state police buddy when I lived in NJ. And about 8-10 years ago, I also had a small gold badge from a NYC detective which was pinned inside of my wallet. "they say" the DT badge is the best one, but I honestly don't think I ever used any of my cards or badge over the years. Anyone ever use any of them with any luck?

Funny that I have so many police friends in the past 20 years or so, considering I am literally the last person most would think they would see with the cops. :)

NightTrain
02-16-2017, 01:50 PM
I've never had one.

A few years ago I somehow found myself on a hotlist to donate money to police charities, and one of the first things the fast-talking salesman pushes out is a magic sticker that you're supposed to put on your bumper.

Nudge, nudge. Wink, wink.

That didn't appeal to me at all, in fact I was put off by that underhanded insinuation that for a few bucks you'll get off with warnings or even not pulled over at all because you have their special sticker. Maybe that kind of thing carries some weight down there, but up here it doesn't.

I know a few cops, and not one of them would let that stupid sticker sway them. When I get pulled over, I'm honest and polite and don't try to bullshit them. THAT gets you off with a warning more often than not - they judge you by your behavior and courtesy, not by the $10 you gave so you had a license to speed.

jimnyc
02-16-2017, 02:13 PM
I've never had one.

A few years ago I somehow found myself on a hotlist to donate money to police charities, and one of the first things the fast-talking salesman pushes out is a magic sticker that you're supposed to put on your bumper.

Nudge, nudge. Wink, wink.

That didn't appeal to me at all, in fact I was put off by that underhanded insinuation that for a few bucks you'll get off with warnings or even not pulled over at all because you have their special sticker. Maybe that kind of thing carries some weight down there, but up here it doesn't.

I know a few cops, and not one of them would let that stupid sticker sway them. When I get pulled over, I'm honest and polite and don't try to bullshit them. THAT gets you off with a warning more often than not - they judge you by your behavior and courtesy, not by the $10 you gave so you had a license to speed.

Here we put them on the windshield, right next to where we put the registration and inspection sticker. I have like 9 of them there now. If anything, I'll probably get a ticket soon for obstructing my view!

I won't go through the mail and the typical agencies, I only take this stuff if it's directly from a cop. Anyone can get the generic stuff. My cards are all signed by him with his badge number and all that crap. If you have a blank card, they know it's generic. A shield in the back window, generic (but good, since they know you donated).

I agree about the honesty. I don't think the cards matter unless you are in town and doing something like I said, minor like turning right on red.

If I get pulled over - hands at 10 and 2. Instantly turn on your interior lights, and roll down both drivers side windows so that they can completely see me. Be extremely polite. If they ask me "why were you doing 10mph above the speed limit?" - I tell them - "because I'm a dumbass and stopped paying attention and went with traffic, and don't deny it" - they are much more likely to just run your info and let you go.

hjmick
02-16-2017, 04:33 PM
Huh...

I've never found myself in a position where I might need something like that...

NightTrain
02-16-2017, 04:47 PM
Huh...

I've never found myself in a position where I might need something like that...

I love to speed. It gives me a rush like no other, whether it's in a car, boat, snowmachine, aircraft... anything.

How can you NOT speed with this on the radio?

<div style="position:relative;height:0;padding-bottom:75.0%"><iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/CmXWkMlKFkI?ecver=2" width="480" height="360" frameborder="0" style="position:absolute;width:100%;height:100%;left:0" allowfullscreen></iframe></div>

NightTrain
02-16-2017, 04:49 PM
wtf... why is youtube giving fullscreen embed links?

Abbey Marie
02-16-2017, 05:07 PM
wtf... why is youtube giving fullscreen embed links?

Lol, just lucky I guess.