PDA

View Full Version : David Petraeus

Black Diamond
02-17-2017, 03:31 AM
Is he too controversial for trump to even appoint at this juncture?

LongTermGuy
02-17-2017, 08:24 AM
Is he too controversial for trump to even appoint at this juncture?

Possibly ...for the left...Everything Trump and company does is .."controversial"...No matter...`they` are neutered ...all they can do is slow things down...thats all they got..

Lets see how it goes and what Trump and company do...(Im sure they took that in account)

pete311
02-17-2017, 08:52 AM
Sure give the guy who handed classified info to his side ho journalist the role of national security. Maybe Hillary Clinton is available.

Black Diamond
02-17-2017, 12:45 PM
Sure give the guy who handed classified info to his side ho journalist the role of national security. Maybe Hillary Clinton is available.
Given you voted for Hillary, you must have full confidence in Petraeus.

pete311
02-17-2017, 12:51 PM
Given you voted for Hillary, you must have full confidence in Petraeus.

Why didn't you vote for Hillary if you love Petraeus

Black Diamond
02-17-2017, 12:57 PM
Why didn't you vote for Hillary if you love Petraeus
First of all, I don't like the thought of dead babies. I think Petraeus was great but made a big mistake and he probably should be disqualified. But I was looking for input.

Kathianne
02-17-2017, 12:59 PM
Petraeus followed something other than his brain, once. Didn't work out well. He paid the price. He also is brilliant and has served the country well for many years.

SassyLady
02-17-2017, 02:17 PM
I'm almost to the point where anyone who makes progressive liberals pee their pants is OK with me.

pete311
02-17-2017, 02:21 PM
I'm almost to the point where anyone who makes progressive liberals pee their pants is OK with me.

Great, let's make Colonel Sanders head of NSA. Heard of him? Makes good chicken.

SassyLady
02-17-2017, 04:31 PM
Great, let's make Colonel Sanders head of NSA. Heard of him? Makes good chicken.

Would that make you pee your pants?

pete311
02-17-2017, 05:04 PM
Would that make you pee your pants?
yes

Black Diamond
02-17-2017, 05:06 PM
Petraeus is brilliant and he won the Iraq war before Obama threw it away. Should we trust him again after his indiscretion?

NightTrain
02-17-2017, 05:36 PM
Petraeus is brilliant and he won the Iraq war before Obama threw it away. Should we trust him again after his indiscretion?

No doubting his military capabilities; that's above reproach. I think he's a brilliant commander.

My concern with him is that he's proven to be careless with classified info and it appears that his achilles heel is women using sex to get it. That's not uncommon and pretty much every country I can think of has women spooks that use it to get the goods. The KGB and Mossad are legendary for it.

So based on that I'd say no... it's not like we have a shortage on great military people to tap for the job.

We don't need the baggage from his own scandal creating any more distractions.

LongTermGuy
02-18-2017, 10:53 PM
​He is not in contention anymore.....Trump is looking at others

Kathianne
02-18-2017, 11:50 PM
Petraeus, like Harward wanted his own staff. Not acceptable to the administration. Same thing is happening with State. There is an ongoing concentration of power in the WH.