PDA

View Full Version : Senate Confirms Pruitt to EPA Chief

NightTrain
02-17-2017, 01:38 PM
Hells yes!

This is the most important of appointments for me, personally.

The Senate confirmed Oklahoma Attorney General Scott Pruitt to become President Trump's administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency.

The 52-46 vote came during a rare Friday floor session, which was held amid an intensified campaign by Democratic lawmakers to stall the vote.

Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., said "enough is enough" to the Democratic opposition on the floor ahead of the vote. He said confirming Trump's Cabinet has taken the "longest" amount of time "since George Washington," which shouldn't be seen as a record of pride for the minority party.

McConnell said the delaying tactics "won't change the outcome of the election last November," but instead are keeping the government from serving the American people.

More : http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/senate-confirms-scott-pruitt-to-head-epa/article/2615162

Mr. Pruitt, there's a large Axe awaiting you on your desk with Trump's compliments. Wield it with gusto.

SassyLady
02-17-2017, 02:15 PM
Hope he follows Tillerson's strategy ... everyone out!

Kathianne
02-17-2017, 05:59 PM
Hope he follows Tillerson's strategy ... everyone out!

While I have some concerns regarding State, which I posted about, not at EPA. Literally it seems dominated by 'climate "science" thumpers.' They are religious and not open to any discussion that their fake data may be flawed. No one saying, 'You know, it looks like the normal scientific protocols haven't been followed, we need to get better data."

NightTrain
02-17-2017, 06:04 PM
Fire all of them and start fresh.

Kathianne
02-17-2017, 06:08 PM
Fire all of them and start fresh.
Well there's that 'freeze' on hiring right now.

NightTrain
02-17-2017, 06:14 PM
Well there's that 'freeze' on hiring right now.

That's a good start to pause that rogue agency until there's time to deal with it, no doubt.

There's a deep culture in the EPA to collude with enviro groups with sue-and-settle and outright power grabs. Those backdoor dealings can and will continue if the rogue elements are not rooted out - those that engage in it certainly aren't going to advertise.

Seems to me the easiest way is to start fresh with a new group of people with clear instructions to follow the rules. And keep an eye on them.

Kathianne
02-17-2017, 06:57 PM
That's a good start to pause that rogue agency until there's time to deal with it, no doubt.

There's a deep culture in the EPA to collude with enviro groups with sue-and-settle and outright power grabs. Those backdoor dealings can and will continue if the rogue elements are not rooted out - those that engage in it certainly aren't going to advertise.

Seems to me the easiest way is to start fresh with a new group of people with clear instructions to follow the rules. And keep an eye on them.

I agree, there seems to be major agency generated agenda going on there.

aboutime
02-17-2017, 07:45 PM
I suspect the present EPA employee's who are Liberal, Obama, Democrat Shills...may be some of the first leftovers from the last EIGHT years, who either TOW the line, or they become eligible for Unemployment.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Trump has placed a gag order on employees of the Environmental Protection Agency. This means that folks with an expertise in issues of pollution, environmental protections, and climate change can no longer speak with the media, the public or members of Congress. This horrifying stifling of the free exchange of information is a devastating instance of censorship and it cannot be tolerated.
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/557/117/918/trump-reverse-the-gag-order-on-the-epa/

Oh, how wrong they are. President Trump is now the BOSS. And HE SAYS what can, and cannot be tolerated.
This has nothing to do with the 1st amendment...if they look at their Employment Agreement with Govt.
LINK HERE:https://www.cpsc.gov/About-CPSC/Job/Working-for-the-Federal-Government-What-Every-Employee-Should-Know

In case you are interested, and looking for proof....

Rules of ethical conduct govern subjects such as giving or accepting gifts, outside employment, abuse of position, required financial disclosures in certain situations and similar matters.

Political Activities:

Under the 1939 Hatch Act, Federal employees face restrictions on their ability to participate in political activities. Congress amended the Hatch Act in 1993 to permit more political activity although many restrictions still apply. Certain agencies and categories of employees, primarily in national security and law enforcement, are covered by the stricter rules that predate that amendment.