PDA

View Full Version : Trump's New Executive Order on Immigration...

jimnyc
02-21-2017, 04:20 PM
I know a few million liberals who will lose their minds over him taking this direction, rather than having things tied up in the courts forever. This is smart, as he knows what was shot down, and now it'll be rewritten and activated again.

-----

Trump's New Executive Order on Immigration: What You Need to Know

President Donald Trump and his team at the White House are working on a new and improved executive order barring refugees from terror hot spots around the world and bolstering enforcement of current immigration laws.

As explained by Fox News legal analyst Judge Andrew Napolitano, a rewriting of the order is a more effective and less time consuming way for the President to reach his goal of keeping the country safe. It also nullifies a ruling handed down by the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals opposing the order.

What the new order will do:

-Temporarily ban refugees from the same previously selected countries of Iran, Iraq, Syria, Yemen, Somalia, Sudan and Libya. The selection of these countries comes from an Obama administration recommendation.

-Allow green card holders from the seven selected countries to travel in and out of the United States

-Those in transit on visas at the time when the new order is signed will not be detained at the airport and sent home

-Refugees citing religious persecution, such as Christians under genocide in the countries listed, will not receive special consideration

How is it different than his first executive order?

-The first executive order issued in January did not exempt green card holders from being barred entry in to the U.S.

-The first executive order allowed refugees being persecuted on the basis of religious to receive special consideration for entry

The new executive order is expected by the end of the week. White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer said Tuesday the administration is confident the new executive order will pass legal muster.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2017/02/21/trumps-new-executive-order-on-immigration-what-you-need-to-know-n2288683

pete311
02-21-2017, 04:54 PM
An improvement

jimnyc
02-21-2017, 05:20 PM
An improvement

Let me ask you this, Pete - many many many many people changed his original order from a travel ban to a "muslim ban". Hell, even in the past few days we see folks marching with things like "we are all muslim" in reference to it. Seeing that you see this as an improvement, in what way does it change anything in regards to a supposed muslim ban? And do you think the original order was a muslim ban - or a temporary travel ban until they can implement a better vetting process?

I'm just curious on your take. IMO, I think any new order will end up being legal. But I also don't think we'll see any changes that will somehow eliminate muslims as the overwhelming majority, and then some, of those who will be affected in those countries.

pete311
02-21-2017, 05:27 PM
Let me ask you this, Pete - many many many many people changed his original order from a travel ban to a "muslim ban". Hell, even in the past few days we see folks marching with things like "we are all muslim" in reference to it. Seeing that you see this as an improvement, in what way does it change anything in regards to a supposed muslim ban? And do you think the original order was a muslim ban - or a temporary travel ban until they can implement a better vetting process?

I'm just curious on your take. IMO, I think any new order will end up being legal. But I also don't think we'll see any changes that will somehow eliminate muslims as the overwhelming majority, and then some, of those who will be affected in those countries.

It's not a muslim ban because it leaves out many muslim countries. My interest in all this really is I want to know what the problems were in the immigration process and how will they be fixed. What are the metrics here? My question to you is, do you really think this ban will be lifted in 3,4,5 months?

jimnyc
02-21-2017, 05:35 PM
It's not a muslim ban because it leaves out many muslim countries. My interest in all this really is I want to know what the problems were in the immigration process and how will they be fixed. What are the metrics here? My question to you is, do you really think this ban will be lifted in 3,4,5 months?

I do, especially if it's written right into the EO itself. The first suspended the program for 120 days I believe? IMO, that's not long at all.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-21-2017, 06:04 PM
I know a few million liberals who will lose their minds over him taking this direction, rather than having things tied up in the courts forever. This is smart, as he knows what was shot down, and now it'll be rewritten and activated again.

-----

Trump's New Executive Order on Immigration: What You Need to Know

President Donald Trump and his team at the White House are working on a new and improved executive order barring refugees from terror hot spots around the world and bolstering enforcement of current immigration laws.

As explained by Fox News legal analyst Judge Andrew Napolitano, a rewriting of the order is a more effective and less time consuming way for the President to reach his goal of keeping the country safe. It also nullifies a ruling handed down by the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals opposing the order.

What the new order will do:

-Temporarily ban refugees from the same previously selected countries of Iran, Iraq, Syria, Yemen, Somalia, Sudan and Libya. The selection of these countries comes from an Obama administration recommendation.

-Allow green card holders from the seven selected countries to travel in and out of the United States

-Those in transit on visas at the time when the new order is signed will not be detained at the airport and sent home

-Refugees citing religious persecution, such as Christians under genocide in the countries listed, will not receive special consideration

How is it different than his first executive order?

-The first executive order issued in January did not exempt green card holders from being barred entry in to the U.S.

-The first executive order allowed refugees being persecuted on the basis of religious to receive special consideration for entry

The new executive order is expected by the end of the week. White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer said Tuesday the administration is confident the new executive order will pass legal muster.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2017/02/21/trumps-new-executive-order-on-immigration-what-you-need-to-know-n2288683

I am waiting on Trump TO send in FBI AND FEDERAL MARSHALS to disband and arrest the top CAIR officials..
Already proven and known that they aid, support and promote muslim terrorist groups that are now fighting our military(and American citizens too)!

aboutime
02-21-2017, 08:13 PM

petey. In response to your primary question..."I want to know what the problems were in the immigration process..."

The problem was, and still is. PEOPLE coming to the USA Illegally, are BREAKING FEDERAL LAWS. PERIOD.

The Obama admin instructed ICE, and the BORDER PATROL "NOT" to enforce those LAWS, already on the books. Truth is..OBAMA Commanded ICE, and B.P. to BREAK U.S. LAWS.
In a nutshell. THAT WAS THE PROBLEM.

Elessar
02-21-2017, 08:20 PM

Those named countries are hotbeds for Islamic terrorism. Even the Obama administration - first tagged them.

I believe once the vetting process is refined, things may get eased. But you no NOT vet them on US soil.
Once they land we pretty much own them. That is NOT a risk we can take given the global situation.

gabosaurus
02-21-2017, 10:31 PM
Once again, the order excludes Saudi Arabia, Egypt and the United Arab Emirates. Three of the world's biggest supporters of terrorist groups as well as financial and military aid. Of course, these three countries also did a lot of business with Trump. Who just opened a large resort in the UAE.
Of the seven banned nations, none has ever produced a citizen or refugee who has been responsible for a terrorist attack on U.S. soil. They just happen to be poor, war ravaged nations that are easy targets.

aboutime
02-21-2017, 10:53 PM
Once again, the order excludes Saudi Arabia, Egypt and the United Arab Emirates. Three of the world's biggest supporters of terrorist groups as well as financial and military aid. Of course, these three countries also did a lot of business with Trump. Who just opened a large resort in the UAE.
Of the seven banned nations, none has ever produced a citizen or refugee who has been responsible for a terrorist attack on U.S. soil. They just happen to be poor, war ravaged nations that are easy targets.

Earth to gabby, Earth to gabby. You should consult your Hero, Obama, and let him lie to you again...in a language you understand, and repeat. Those seven nations have NO vetting methods to prevent terrorists from leaving. Guess that kind of info isn't what you want, or need to hear.

pete311
02-21-2017, 11:57 PM
I believe once the vetting process is refined, things may get eased.

I want to know what that means. No one knows what that means. I watched a news program follow a syrian family and it took 3 years and 25 interviews. What else needs to be done?

jimnyc
02-22-2017, 08:18 AM
I want to know what that means. No one knows what that means. I watched a news program follow a syrian family and it took 3 years and 25 interviews. What else needs to be done?

We have had some attacks in the US. And I think it's fair to give the new administration some time to come up with a game plan of their own. A small halt of refugees until so, the very same countries that Obama's team pointed out. Iran is not a war torn weak country as some would have you believe elsewhere.

A 3-4 month break on refugees, then a change in vetting, then move forward. What is that change? I really don't know, Pete. But it surely can't hurt to look into the process and ensure we are doing everything right, from beginning to end. If someone can be fully vetted and they have no background issues, then by all means, let them in. If they can't be vetted, they can't come in. If they can be vetted but have had issues at home, let them stay at home. It's pretty simply, and seems like a matter of making sure it's all in place and no glaring holes. After that, then I agree with you, it should be full throttle from there.

aboutime
02-22-2017, 04:47 PM
Modern immigration law
https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/immigration
The Immigration and Nationality Act of 1952 (INA), also known as the McCarran-Walter Act, eliminated all race-based quotas, replacing them with purely nationality-based quotas. The INA continues to influence the field of American immigration law. To enforce the quotas, the INA created the Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS). The INS served as the federal agency that enforced these caps for remainder of the 20th century.

When Congress passed the INA, it defined an "alien" as any person lacking citizenship or status as a national of the United States. Different categories of aliens include resident and nonresident, immigrant and nonimmigrant, and documented and undocumented ("illegal"). The terms "documented" and "undocumented" refer to whether an arriving alien has the proper records and identification for admission into the U.S. Having the proper records and identification typically requires the alien to possess a valid, unexpired passport and either a visa, border crossing identification card, permanent resident card, or a reentry permit. The INA expressly refuses stowaway aliens entry into the U.S.

The need to curtail illegal immigration prompted Congress to enact the Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA) of 1986. The IRCA toughened criminal sanctions for employers who hired illegal aliens, denied illegal aliens federally funded welfare benefits, and legitimized some aliens through an amnesty program. The Immigration Marriage Fraud Amendments of 1986 sought to limit the practice of marrying to obtain citizenship. The Immigration Act of 1990 thoroughly revamped the INA by equalizing the allocation of visas across foreign nations, eliminating archaic rules, and encouraging worldwide immigration.

The Illegal Immigration Reform and Immigrant Responsibility Act (IIRIRA) of 1996 revolutionized the process of alien entry into the United States. The IIRIRA eliminated the term "entry," replacing it with "admission." An application for admission occurs whenever an alien arrives in the U.S. regardless of whether the arrival occurs at a designated port-of-entry. Applicants at either designated ports or otherwise must submit to an inspection by U.S. customs, even if the applicant possesses an immigrant visa. The IIRIRA also employs the term "arriving alien" to describe applicant aliens attempting to enter the U.S., regardless of whether they arrive at a designated port, a non-designated point on the border, or are located in U.S. waters and brought to shore.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/immigration