PDA

View Full Version : Fox News Channel's Alan Colmes has passed away at age 66 after a brief illness.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-23-2017, 10:51 AM
http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/02/23/alan-colmes-dies-66

Fox News Channel's Alan Colmes has passed away at age 66 after a brief illness.

Colmes leaves behind his wife, Jocelyn Crowley, who issued the following statement:

Alan Colmes passed away this morning after a brief illness. He was 66-years-old. He leaves his adoring and devoted wife, Jocelyn Elise Crowley. He was a great guy, brilliant, hysterical, and moral. He was fiercely loyal, and the only thing he loved more than his work was his life with Jocelyn. He will be missed. The family has asked for privacy during this very difficult time.

Bill Hemmer announced the sad news this morning on "America's Newsroom," which then aired a tribute package from Fox News Channel host Sean Hannity, his former co-host on "Hannity & Colmes."

In a statement this morning, Hannity called Alan Colmes "one of life's most decent, kind and wonderful people you'd ever want to meet."

-------------------------------------
-------------------------------------

Another link--

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/alan-colmes-liberal-voice-at-fox-news-dead-at-66/

Was he gay?
Never liked his politics , nor his attitude that he was some kind of raving genius.
Hannity's comment reeks of typical crap people feel the need to say, even if its not true, IMHO-Tyr

Black Diamond
02-23-2017, 02:18 PM
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.yahoo.com/amphtml/news/truly-heartbroken-sean-hannity-honors-longtime-friend-alan-colmes-after-death-at-66-175758230.html

Gunny
02-23-2017, 02:37 PM
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.yahoo.com/amphtml/news/truly-heartbroken-sean-hannity-honors-longtime-friend-alan-colmes-after-death-at-66-175758230.html

Sorry he has passed. I couldn;t stand to look at him. Achmed meets Miss Clairol whatever color red that is. I did however think he was funny as Hell. If you could define politically misinformed probably a pic of him on the dictionary page. But he always had this wry sense of humor about the crap. ANYONE that can play punching bag for that fool Hannity has MY respect.

Little-Acorn
02-23-2017, 02:38 PM

Condolences to his family.

As for him, no loss.

hjmick
02-23-2017, 04:46 PM
The only thing that ever made Hannity tolerable was Alan Colmes. And I never liked Alan Colmes. Without Colmes, Hannity is nothing but a self-important, self-righteous, bloviating douchebag living in an echo chamber. Well, he was like that with Colmes, it just became more obvious after he dumped Hannity...

Abbey Marie
02-23-2017, 05:04 PM
He seemed like a decent human to me. RIP Mr. Colmes.

pete311
02-23-2017, 05:10 PM
Too young, seemed like a decent guy. Took a ton of abuse from Hannity and Fox.

Elessar
02-23-2017, 05:11 PM
Oh, they were an interesting pair. Each on the other side of the fence,
but laughing with each other...as it should be.

Never gonna see the lib media take an opposition minded conservative
into their house like Fox does.

hjmick
02-23-2017, 05:12 PM
Do you even read the articles you link? You ask if he was gay despite the fact that the article you linked states "Colmes leaves behind his wife, Jocelyn Crowley..."

Elessar
02-23-2017, 05:14 PM
Admin...combine with this?

Fox News Channel's Alan Colmes has passed away at age 66 after a brief illness.

Black Diamond
02-23-2017, 05:25 PM
Too young, seemed like a decent guy. Took a ton of abuse from Hannity and Fox.
He was part of the act imo.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-23-2017, 05:45 PM
Do you even read the articles you link? You ask if he was gay despite the fact that the article you linked states "Colmes leaves behind his wife, Jocelyn Crowley..."
Yes I read the article. I asked because to me he always seemed a bit gay.
Gays do marry women to hide under the radar my friend.
My dislike of him personally was because of his political views. Curiosity, caused me to ask, in case some here may have known something I did not.
As I do not read the tabloid mags, rags, etc.
Was a question not an accusation... -Tyr

Kathianne
02-23-2017, 05:51 PM
Oh, they were an interesting pair. Each on the other side of the fence,
but laughing with each other...as it should be.

Never gonna see the lib media take an opposition minded conservative
into their house like Fox does.

Like FOX did, unlikely to be that fair & balanced today.

Drummond
02-23-2017, 06:06 PM
The only thing that ever made Hannity tolerable was Alan Colmes. And I never liked Alan Colmes. Without Colmes, Hannity is nothing but a self-important, self-righteous, bloviating douchebag living in an echo chamber. Well, he was like that with Colmes, it just became more obvious after he dumped Hannity...

Funny, that .. in the days when I had access to Fox News, I always thought it was Sean Hannity that made Colmes tolerable !! Colmes always came across as 'weasely', somehow. Ol' ferret face Colmes, was the way I thought of him.

Granted, Hannity likes his soapbox. But then ... he has much of value to say. Which is just fine with me !

Drummond
02-23-2017, 06:08 PM
He seemed like a decent human to me. RIP Mr. Colmes.

SEEMED to be, Abbey. SEEMED to be. His manner was one thing. What he wanted to peddle, and the cause he wanted to advance, strongly suggested otherwise.

Gunny
02-23-2017, 06:10 PM
Yes I read the article. I asked because to me he always seemed a bit gay.
Gays do marry women to hide under the radar my friend.
My dislike of him personally was because of his political views. Curiosity, caused me to ask, in case some here may have known something I did not.
As I do not read the tabloid mags, rags, etc.
Was a question not an accusation... -Tyr

I know nothing about his personal life. And frankly don't care. I've known efimanent men who were totally straight and flamers that were total jocks in public. I thought Hannity and Colmes was an Abbot and Costello remake. Straight man and stooge. I just figured Colmes was getting paid well to sit there and play stooge. Hannity;s an idiot IMO.

aboutime
02-23-2017, 07:25 PM
Honestly, never liked him, and his DIE-HARD leftism. Sad to hear, when anyone passes. Prayers to his wife, and family. Now he will always be right, and nobody can stop him.

Gunny
02-23-2017, 09:09 PM
Honestly, never liked him, and his DIE-HARD leftism. Sad to hear, when anyone passes. Prayers to his wife, and family. Now he will always be right, and nobody can stop him.

Like I said .. I thought he was part of a comedy team.

Russ
02-24-2017, 07:57 AM
He seemed like a good guy, even though I disagreed with him politically. If more Dems were like him, we might actually be able to have even-handed political debates in this country. My condolences to his wife and family.

darin
02-24-2017, 08:09 AM
God - some of you are heartless :(

I always enjoyed seeing him lose arguments on TV; I have no doubt he was loved by those around him and I am sorry for their loss.

Abbey Marie
02-24-2017, 08:30 AM

I always enjoyed seeing him lose arguments on TV; I have no doubt he was loved by those around him and I am sorry for their loss.

Yuppers.

We (Conservatives) like to say that we really are compassionate. We can do better. And we should lead by example in that regard.

Kathianne
02-24-2017, 08:32 AM

I have to agree. While I mostly disagreed with him, there were things he said that had me do some research on various things. I actually remember heading to the library to look some news articles up-just before finding the power of the internet. ;)

Abbey Marie
02-24-2017, 08:37 AM
SEEMED to be, Abbey. SEEMED to be. His manner was one thing. What he wanted to peddle, and the cause he wanted to advance, strongly suggested otherwise.

Sean Hannity, who certainly ought to know, has said wonderful things about Colmes' character and heart. I tend to believe people who actually know a person, over others.

I probably agreed on very little with the man. But a person's beliefs do not automatically make them bad. Misguided, maybe.

Gunny
02-24-2017, 08:41 AM

I always enjoyed seeing him lose arguments on TV; I have no doubt he was loved by those around him and I am sorry for their loss.Nothing heartless to my comment. I thought he was funny as Hell. I just don't get these RIP threads. You're a celebrity so you get an RIP thread?

Cpl Jimmy Y****. Watched him bleed out. Where is HIS thread? But somebody you don't know matters?

Kathianne
02-24-2017, 08:42 AM
Sean Hannity, who certainly ought to know, has said wonderful things about Colmes' character and heart. I tend to believe people who actually know a person over others.

I probably agreed on very little with the man. But a person's beliefs do not automatically make them bad. Misguided, maybe.

Hard to believe but there was a time when people didn't think a person was awful just because they didn't agree with them on some issues. I have friends and family that see things through very different prisms than myself. There are many reasons for that, but at heart what matters to me are the principles, values, and kindness I see from them. The way they apply those in their everyday life.

fj1200
02-25-2017, 09:08 AM
Sounds sincere to me:

“Alan was just a great guy, really awesome. We were really blessed . We got hired, neither one of us had a lot of TV experience; we had to collaborate really strongly to survive,” says Hannity. “We worked very hard together on that. I know people remember us for our political differences, but our personal differences did not exist. We were good friends. He was a great man, kind, generous, wonderful, and the world is a little less nice today in my opinion.”
https://www.yahoo.com/celebrity/sean-hannity-reveals-alan-colmes-210213175.html

Crazy right?

Kathianne
02-25-2017, 09:22 AM
Sounds sincere to me:

https://www.yahoo.com/celebrity/sean-hannity-reveals-alan-colmes-210213175.html

Crazy right?

Indeed, imagine working with someone with whom you disagreed with politically every day for years. Throughout that time, you both had to hone your arguments on topics mutually chosen. You worked with the same crew day in, day out. You know the same people, hear about their kids, spouses, dating, and disappointments. All are working on the same project, to get a show out and to be successful. The day of the show, the 'win' or 'lose' on the argument of one side or the other depends upon the presenter, though both are trying to accomplish the same goal: addressing an issue of import to the country, be it taxes or the arguments between choice or pro-life. At the end of the day it's unlikely anyone has solved the dilemma, but perhaps the ball was moved inches? Afterwards a decent, "Good day!" or a few minutes in a bar continuing the debate or what will be on the table the next day.

Any wonder a friendship develops?

It used to be this way in Congress, particularly the Senate. SCOTUS too.

fj1200
02-25-2017, 09:26 AM
Indeed, imagine working with someone with whom you disagreed with politically every day for years. Throughout that time, you both had to hone your arguments on topics mutually chosen. You worked with the same crew day in, day out. You know the same people, hear about their kids, spouses, dating, and disappointments. All are working on the same project, to get a show out and to be successful. The day of the show, the 'win' or 'lose' on the argument of one side or the other depends upon the presenter, though both are trying to accomplish the same goal: addressing an issue of import to the country, be it taxes or the arguments between choice or pro-life. At the end of the day it's unlikely anyone has solved the dilemma, but perhaps the ball was moved inches? Afterwards a decent, "Good day!" or a few minutes in a bar continuing the debate or what will be on the table the next day.

Any wonder a friendship develops?

It used to be this way in Congress, particularly the Senate. SCOTUS too.

Their friendship should be honored rather than questioned. Cynical talk only leads to the further balkanization of society.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-25-2017, 09:55 AM
Far from heartless were my comments. I made no comment about his family. I made no comment calling him a sorry bastard,etc.
I asked a question, and stated my main thing was OUR POLITICAL DIFFERENCES.
HOWEVER, I'LL NOT APOLOGIZE TO ANY MAN ALIVE , FOR STATING MY OPINION OF HIM , EVEN SHOULD IT EXHIBIT MY UTTER CONTEMPT FOR THOSE ESPOUSING LIBERAL IDIOCY AND PROMOTING ITS AGENDA/SYSTEMATIC DESTRUCTION OF THIS NATION AS IT WAS FOUNDED..
ALSO, I NEVER OFFER UP INSINCERE PLATITUDES,JUST BECAUSE A PERSON DIES.

My presenting cold hard truth, even in citing my own personal opinion- is just how I roll.
I like to call it--personal integrity, even should others think it truly is heartless.
I have repeatedly stated here, I do not alter , hide or tone down my expressions/judgments coming from my core principles..
Regardless of any that my find such offensive.
I am and always have been a hard man, but always truthful in my dealings with others..
SEEMS TO ME THAT IN THIS WORLD TODAY, SUCH IS BECOMING MORE AND MORE FROWNED UPON.
Hannity can say whatever he wants about the guy, be he his friend or ""ex-partner in crime""".....
Does not mean I have to accept his opinion of the guy, even tho' it may be a partial truth of the man.
Clearing up the field, as to my previous comments.
A man never bows to others if in his heart and core, he stands for light over dark, truth over lies, patriotism over liberal insanity and those that espouse it..----Tyr