PDA

View Full Version : Cruz: 'Do Democrats Understand They Need to Control the House to Impeach?'

jimnyc
02-24-2017, 06:30 AM
Of course the impeachment talks started long before Trump even won the election. Then on election day. And then about every single day since then. And of course the democrat supporters are absolutely clueless as to how the process works. But let them try anyway. While Trump is getting things done, more so than Oscumba has in 8 years, they will eventually figure it out.

I think our resident liberals have started more threads since his election win than they did in the 8 years prior. It's so much fun watching them implode and and run around clueless.

----

Cruz: 'Do Democrats Understand They Need to Control the House to Impeach?'

NATIONAL HARBOR, Md. -- Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) told the Conservative Political Action Conference outside D.C. today that "many times" since Jan. 20 he has "raised a glass and toasted Harry Reid."

"Because Harry Reid employed the so-called nuclear option, broke the Senate rules to change the Senate rules, lowered the threshold for confirmation from 60 votes to 51 votes. And it is a direct result of Harry Reid that we now have the most conservative Cabinet in decades," Cruz said. "...Let me on behalf of CPAC thank Harry Reid, thank you for Attorney General Jeff Sessions. And also, we should be thanking Harry Reid for EPA Administrator Scott Pruitt. For Education Secretary Betsy DeVos. And very, very soon, I look forward to thanking Harry Reid for Supreme Court Justice Gorsuch."

"Should we thank Keith Ellison, too?" Cruz quipped to applause from the crowd.

Democratic National Committee leadership elections are Saturday, and Cruz dubbed the Minnesota congressman "likely to be the next chairman of the DNC."

"And I'm sure the vast majority of Americans, given his background with Farrakhan, will be very excited about that. Shall we get behind him at CPAC? What do you say?" the senator continued. "Listen, I will commend the Democrats for one thing. If they name Keith Ellison as the head of the DNC, then I'll commend them for truth in advertising."

Cruz panned impeachment talk a month into President Trump's term.

"Impeachment is a constitutional function. Yes, the left keeps talking about impeachment. I mean, they were talking about impeachment before the inauguration," he said. "And, you know, I think impeaching Obama in January probably would have been a mistake."

"So would retroactive impeachment be unconstitutional? I don't know, but it would be fun... Do the Democrats understand they need to control the House of Representatives to impeach somebody?"

Rest here - https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/2017/02/23/cruz-do-democrats-understand-they-need-to-control-the-house-to-impeach/

Gunny
02-24-2017, 08:18 AM
Of course the impeachment talks started long before Trump even won the election. Then on election day. And then about every single day since then. And of course the democrat supporters are absolutely clueless as to how the process works. But let them try anyway. While Trump is getting things done, more so than Oscumba has in 8 years, they will eventually figure it out.

I think our resident liberals have started more threads since his election win than they did in the 8 years prior. It's so much fun watching them implode and and run around clueless.

----

Cruz: 'Do Democrats Understand They Need to Control the House to Impeach?'

NATIONAL HARBOR, Md. -- Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) told the Conservative Political Action Conference outside D.C. today that "many times" since Jan. 20 he has "raised a glass and toasted Harry Reid."

"Because Harry Reid employed the so-called nuclear option, broke the Senate rules to change the Senate rules, lowered the threshold for confirmation from 60 votes to 51 votes. And it is a direct result of Harry Reid that we now have the most conservative Cabinet in decades," Cruz said. "...Let me on behalf of CPAC thank Harry Reid, thank you for Attorney General Jeff Sessions. And also, we should be thanking Harry Reid for EPA Administrator Scott Pruitt. For Education Secretary Betsy DeVos. And very, very soon, I look forward to thanking Harry Reid for Supreme Court Justice Gorsuch."

"Should we thank Keith Ellison, too?" Cruz quipped to applause from the crowd.

Democratic National Committee leadership elections are Saturday, and Cruz dubbed the Minnesota congressman "likely to be the next chairman of the DNC."

"And I'm sure the vast majority of Americans, given his background with Farrakhan, will be very excited about that. Shall we get behind him at CPAC? What do you say?" the senator continued. "Listen, I will commend the Democrats for one thing. If they name Keith Ellison as the head of the DNC, then I'll commend them for truth in advertising."

Cruz panned impeachment talk a month into President Trump's term.

"Impeachment is a constitutional function. Yes, the left keeps talking about impeachment. I mean, they were talking about impeachment before the inauguration," he said. "And, you know, I think impeaching Obama in January probably would have been a mistake."

"So would retroactive impeachment be unconstitutional? I don't know, but it would be fun... Do the Democrats understand they need to control the House of Representatives to impeach somebody?"

Rest here - https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/2017/02/23/cruz-do-democrats-understand-they-need-to-control-the-house-to-impeach/

Next dumbass question .. what are you going to impeach for?

Black Diamond
02-24-2017, 08:39 AM
Saying "Grab her by the pussy".

Kathianne
02-24-2017, 08:46 AM

Maybe treason? Was a favorite justification for arguing for impeachment of Obama.

I'm not serious, just figured we are going to see the same stuff from the inverse audience of prior administration.