PDA

View Full Version : Slate's Isaac Chotiner decides to man up and attack Alan Colmes after his death

BoogyMan
02-25-2017, 11:32 AM
I disagreed with nearly everything that came out of Mr. Colmes mouth, but when he appeared on the news, Mr. Colmes was civil and tried to bring a fact-based argument to support his views. The leftist hate merchants at the communist propaganda site Slate (http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2017/02/23/alan_colmes_was_fox_news_original_liberal_patsy.ht ml) set about attacking Mr. Colmes after his death for having the nerve to strive for civil debate and common decency. I am at a loss for words. You can wade into the fever-swamp and read the full disgusting article at the link above. Thoughts?

Colmes was the most absurd, useless, and mocked television personality in America for many years, precisely because he was nice. In the context of Fox News, being a nice guy—and a “liberal” nice guy at that—meant being a buffoon, and a patsy. Colmes not only played the part to perfection—he defined it....

Gunny
02-25-2017, 12:38 PM
I disagreed with nearly everything that came out of Mr. Colmes mouth, but when he appeared on the news, Mr. Colmes was civil and tried to bring a fact-based argument to support his views. The leftist hate merchants at the communist propaganda site Slate (http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2017/02/23/alan_colmes_was_fox_news_original_liberal_patsy.ht ml) set about attacking Mr. Colmes after his death for having the nerve to strive for civil debate and common decency. I am at a loss for words. You can wade into the fever-swamp and read the full disgusting article at the link above. Thoughts?

I think he did play the patsy. So what? You offer me 5 figures I'll sit and let Hannity make me look foolish too. These people are ALL actors playing to a stage. There's no journalism nor factual reporting to their crap. Might as well go see Arsenic and Old Lace as get any real info from these clowns. I don't even watch them anymore.

BoogyMan
02-25-2017, 12:50 PM
I think he did play the patsy. So what? You offer me 5 figures I'll sit and let Hannity make me look foolish too. These people are ALL actors playing to a stage. There's no journalism nor factual reporting to their crap. Might as well go see Arsenic and Old Lace as get any real info from these clowns. I don't even watch them anymore.

The HUGE difference is that you would say that BEFORE the man's death, not in a remembrance piece. The modern left is disgusting.

Gunny
02-25-2017, 01:11 PM
The HUGE difference is that you would say that BEFORE the man's death, not in a remembrance piece. The modern left is disgusting.

Already a thread on this, BTW ,,, but I really have nothing bad to say about Colmes. Didn't agree with most of his BS but seemed wrote. I never really listened to him except on Hannity and I can't stand that little stooge so bad I quit watching the show.

But, I see no reason to disrespect someone after death unless discussing that person's ideas in a proper forum. And certainly not the day after his death. He was still a human being with a family that loved him.