PDA

View Full Version : Father of slain Navy Seals wants investigation into "stupid mission"

gabosaurus
02-26-2017, 07:13 PM
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/feb/26/father-navy-seal-yemen-trump-investigation-stupid-mission

The father of a Navy Seal killed in a raid in Yemen last month has demanded an investigation into the planning and timing of what he called a “stupid mission”.

Bill Owens also told the Miami Herald he refused to meet Donald Trump when he and the president went to Dover air force base in Delaware to receive the casket carrying his son, William “Ryan” Owens.

“My conscience wouldn’t let me talk to him,” he said.

The younger Owens was the only US fatality in the 29 January raid on a suspected al-Qaida in the Arabian Peninsula compound. Three US personnel were injured and the Pentagon said 14 militants were killed. One US aircraft was destroyed after being damaged on landing.

Elessar
02-26-2017, 07:27 PM
Well sure he would and I do not blame him.

But the raid was planned by the former administration and left in the
present one's hands. One source that I cannot recall said the plan for the operation
was leaked out before Trump came on board and the team was caught in a trap.

So this admin is not nearly as guilty as the previous leaky admin. How would the
present one know the mission was already compromised?

gabosaurus
02-26-2017, 07:35 PM
Obama is no longer president. Trump was under no obligation to go through with the mission. The approval and timing were all his doing. When a mission fails, all blame goes to the Commander In Chief. (see: Benghazi).

Elessar
02-26-2017, 07:40 PM
Obama is no longer president. Trump was under no obligation to go through with the mission. The approval and timing were all his doing. When a mission fails, all blame goes to the Commander In Chief. (see: Benghazi).

See Benghazi? Are you for real? That whole mess was a Obama and Clinton debacle!
Covered up and swept under the carpet by both Barry and Clinton.

Getting Bin Laden was orchestrated by mechanisms engineered by GWB
and put into action by Obama.

You're over your head in this one.

Gunny
02-26-2017, 08:30 PM

Here we go again. As predicted. Everything Clinton screwed up was Bush's fault and everything Obama has screwed up will be Trump's. Already seen THIS movie.

Your son signed on the dotted line. End of story.

pete311
02-26-2017, 08:43 PM
Let's be honest. If the script was flipped with Hillary, you guys would be screaming bloody murder over the mission which was obviously rushed and questionable.

Black Diamond
02-26-2017, 08:53 PM
What difference does it make ?

Gunny
02-26-2017, 09:38 PM
What difference does it make ?

Let's talk Bengazi. Who exactly was in charge then? Yeah, you can blame Hitlery for being an idiot but WHO was Commander in Chief? If I'm in command, the responsibility for who don't come home is MINE. Where's HIS big mouth now? He sure can run the damned thing during a BLM riot.

But I never went out expecting to come back. This is Cindy Sheehan Part 2. I told my mother if she ever dishonored me like that I would come back and haunt her. I chose my road. Yeah, we followed stupid orders every day.

I consider this dishonoring everything he spent a lot of blood, sweat and tears to stand for. Whether or not the mission was useless is for the military to investigate. Not a bunch of leftwingnut hacks in the media.

aboutime
02-26-2017, 09:40 PM
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/feb/26/father-navy-seal-yemen-trump-investigation-stupid-mission

gabby. Whether the mission was planned by the Obama admin, or Trump's. Ops like that don't just happen over night, with no planning. First. The father is obviously hurt deeply with the loss of his son. But...any investigation he calls stupid, sounds instantly like he has been following the Liberal accusations against Trump, and he wants to blame whatever the Libs say to make Trump look worse.
Furthermore....THERE will probably be no PUBLIC explanations released since the operation had to be COVERT, and SECRETIVE in nature. To expose any of the details may play a dangerous part in violating National Security.
Trump is smarter than Obama, and WILL NOT SIMPLY expose classified information to the public..just to appease the Dems, this father, and our ENEMIES.
After all. His HERO son was a SEAL. They operate in BLACK OPS, which means. NOBODY will be told, or needs to know anything about what they did, or plan to do.

gabosaurus
02-26-2017, 09:51 PM
Dear AT, how seriously behind you are. Information about the mission has already been released. In detail by the wonderful government of Yemen and printed in the foreign media. Of course, nothing has been broadcast by Fox or printed on breitbart or pjmedia, so you probably wouldn't know about it.
It's just like Trump's involvement in Russia. The foreign media knows about it. Russia knows about it. It's just a matter of time before all the strings are tied and the bows attached. :cool:

Gunny
02-26-2017, 10:09 PM
Dear AT, how seriously behind you are. Information about the mission has already been released. In detail by the wonderful government of Yemen and printed in the foreign media. Of course, nothing has been broadcast by Fox or printed on breitbart or pjmedia, so you probably wouldn't know about it.
It's just like Trump's involvement in Russia. The foreign media knows about it. Russia knows about it. It's just a matter of time before all the strings are tied and the bows attached. :cool:

Dear Gabby .... bullshit.

gabosaurus
02-26-2017, 10:12 PM
Dear Gabby .... bullshit.

The military are always the last to know these things. Especially in a combat zone.

Black Diamond
02-26-2017, 10:48 PM
Says the Texan who declared "Vote Trump, get Hillary."

Black Diamond
02-26-2017, 10:51 PM
The military are always the last to know these things. Especially in a combat zone.
More disdain for veterans. Just so you know, telling your daughter to say "Thank you for your service" doesn't make up for your being an ugly twat on this board.

Gunny
02-27-2017, 02:33 AM

Wrong. We're the last to know what political BS the left is going to pull in the media. As far the op itself goes? We know LONG before you do. You underestimate us greatly.

Nobody makes you be a SEAL. You bust your balls for the honor and privilege to be one. You volunteer. And they don't take dummies. Every one of them has a technical skill way above your MSM politics. I can just see you now standing around in the LFOC doing the Curly Fine circle. Gee, what's that round thing on the screen, George? There ain't a damned thing wrong with us except YOUR political media BS cramping our style. I 'm supposed to wage war nicely. When I gear up? F*ck your politics. And I have the best info in the world and am in constant contact with the ship.

And some of us don't come back home. YOU and your leftwingnut politics marginalize this Sailor. Unacceptable. You disrespect what HE wanted for politics. Shove it up your ass. That's one of my bro's. Try being the person that gets to go talk to his wife. Who'se kids yours have played with.

Yeah, we're the last to know.

CSM
02-27-2017, 06:41 AM

Well, I guess we all have to defer to Gabby's extensive knowledge and experience regarding all matters military. LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!

Gunny
02-27-2017, 07:07 AM
Well, I guess we all have to defer to Gabby's extensive knowledge and experience regarding all matters military. LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!

Know what Sergeant Major? My PTSD has been gone since I went into the hospital. Always got to be that 0ne MF-er. Thanks for the reminder, Gabby. Really nice of you you to bring all that shit back into my head.

But you leftwingnuts "support the troops" right?

fj1200
02-27-2017, 10:42 AM
... the former administration ...

Deja vu all (8 years) over again. :dunno:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-27-2017, 10:57 AM
May God bless that fine young man that gave the ultimate sacrifice for this nation. :salute::salute: :saluting2::saluting2:
May God bless and heal his loved ones from the immense depths of sorrow that they are now enduring.
I have no comment on anything political.. I feel great sorrow for his family..-Tyr

BoogyMan
02-27-2017, 01:07 PM
Well sure he would and I do not blame him.

But the raid was planned by the former administration and left in the
present one's hands. One source that I cannot recall said the plan for the operation
was leaked out before Trump came on board and the team was caught in a trap.

So this admin is not nearly as guilty as the previous leaky admin. How would the
present one know the mission was already compromised?

Dancing on the graves of our honored dead is a sickening pastime, Gabs. You only care about this story because you seem to think you can trash Mr. Trump with it. I will admit that I am not a member of the Branch Trumpidians, but this is sickening.

Gunny
02-27-2017, 03:14 PM
Dancing on the graves of our honored dead is a sickening pastime, Gabs. You only care about this story because you seem to think you can trash Mr. Trump with it. I will admit that I am not a member of the Branch Trumpidians, but this is sickening.

Branch Trumpidians? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Elessar
02-27-2017, 03:45 PM

I don't know about dancing BoogyMan, but sure lean to the notion of crapping on them
for political gain or face time.

aboutime
02-27-2017, 07:48 PM

gabby. Spoken like the idiot you really are. So tell us. How many Combat, or War zones have you, and your obviously Highly Experienced Dumb self been in?

But since you claim to be the KNOW-ALL here. Tell us about your experiences in uniform, where ACTUAL live Fire has taken place....other than in Movie theaters...on the screen?

Gunny
02-27-2017, 08:08 PM
gabby. Spoken like the idiot you really are. So tell us. How many Combat, or War zones have you, and your obviously Highly Experienced Dumb self been in?

But since you claim to be the KNOW-ALL here. Tell us about your experiences in uniform, where ACTUAL live Fire has taken place....other than in Movie theaters...on the screen?

THAT is some funny sh*t right there. I had to leave the room, Gabby in a combat zone.:laugh:

Elessar
02-27-2017, 08:14 PM
THAT is some funny sh*t right there. I had to leave the room, Gabby in a combat zone.:laugh:

Only combat zone she knows is on the freeway, Unless she ventures into Compton.

Probably could dodge sniper fire as Hillary stated after landing in Kosovo...shown to be
an outright lie....walking leisurely along the tarmac surrounded by soldiers and guards
that would have hauled her to the ground.

Elessar
02-27-2017, 08:17 PM
Let's be honest. If the script was flipped with Hillary, you guys would be screaming bloody murder over the mission which was obviously rushed and questionable.

What part of 'already compromised' did you miss?

aboutime
02-27-2017, 08:20 PM

Gunny. I thought so too!:laugh: We won't hear from gabby on this. She spent too much time idolizing Harry (Cut & Run) Reid....http://icansayit.com/images/cutrun.jpg

And he followed Pelosi...the Witch's orders..http://icansayit.com/images/pelosigreen.jpg

Gunny
02-27-2017, 08:34 PM

Probably could dodge sniper fire as Hillary stated after landing in Kosovo...shown to be
an outright lie....walking leisurely along the tarmac surrounded by soldiers and guards
that would have hauled her to the ground.

First picture popped in my head? Her getting through the galley on a ship underway. You KNOW where that tray of chow's going to end up.:laugh2: Probably can guess where the chow's going to end up too.

Elessar
02-27-2017, 09:26 PM
First picture popped in my head? Her getting through the galley on a ship underway. You KNOW where that tray of chow's going to end up.:laugh2: Probably can guess where the chow's going to end up too.

On a 210 foot Cutter? All over the deck or table!:laugh:

gabosaurus
02-27-2017, 09:28 PM

I've been to Compton. And East Los Angeles. And I drive the LA freeway system on a regular basis. So I know combat zones. :cool:
How have I been disrespectful? I am just posting the link.

Elessar
02-27-2017, 10:09 PM
I've been to Compton. And East Los Angeles. And I drive the LA freeway system on a regular basis. So I know combat zones. :cool:
How have I been disrespectful? I am just posting the link.

Examine your comments. You were vile and disrespectful "Psychologist".

Think you are smarter that combat vets? You have a long way to go to get into their shoes
and act high and mighty.

Gunny
02-27-2017, 10:19 PM
Examine your comments. You were vile and disrespectful "Psychologist".

Think you are smarter that combat vets? You have a long way to go to get into their shoes
and act high and mighty.

I'm so insulted by that comment I need to walk away for a few.

Elessar
02-28-2017, 02:43 PM
I'm so insulted by that comment I need to walk away for a few.

Not one by me, I trust.

Kathianne
02-28-2017, 10:02 PM
If one watched the non-SOTUS tonight, one would now know that the widow of the Seal doesn't agree with her father-in-law regarding the raid. Very hard to watch her, but I'm glad she came.

pete311
02-28-2017, 10:19 PM
If one watched the non-SOTUS tonight, one would now know that the widow of the Seal doesn't agree with her father-in-law regarding the raid. Very hard to watch her, but I'm glad she came.

I agree it was hard to watch. I think they had the camera on her a little too long.

Elessar
02-28-2017, 10:33 PM

Got a link, Kathi?

Kathianne
02-28-2017, 10:36 PM
Got a link, Kathi?

It was a live speech and she was there. I'm sure you'll find plenty of links from all sources shortly.

Gunny
02-28-2017, 11:12 PM
Not one by me, I trust.

Not by you, bro.

Kathianne
02-28-2017, 11:23 PM
Got a link, Kathi?

Here's one:

http://www.mediaite.com/online/ryan-owens-widow-gets-emotional-as-shes-given-long-standing-ovation-at-trumps-address/

Ryan Owens’ Widow Gets Emotional as She’s Given Long Standing Ovation at Trump’s Address
by Justin Baragona | 10:20 pm, February 28th, 2017

During tonight’s presidential address to the joint session of Congress, President Donald Trump acknowledged the wife of slain Navy SEAL William ‘Ryan’ Owens, Carryn Owens.

With Mrs. Owens sitting next to his daughter Ivanka, the president said they “were blessed to be joined by Carryn Owens, widow of US Navy Special Operator, Senior Chief William ‘Ryan’ Owens.”

“Ryan died as he lived,” he stated. “A warrior and a hero, battling against terrorism and securing our nation.”

This then led to a prolonged round of applause from the chamber while Corrine cried. After that, Trump explained that he spoke with Secretary of Defense James Mattis, who assured him that “Ryan was part of a highly successful raid.”

“Ryan’s legacy is etched into eternity,” Trump noted.

At this point, Mrs. Owens was given an even more sustained and loud standing ovation, all while her emotions overcame her.

Ryan Owens father, Bill Owens, has been highly critical of the president and the Yemen raid, and spoke out a few days ago about his decision not to meet with Trump when the family received Ryan’s remains.

Gunny
03-01-2017, 01:08 AM
Behind Blue Eyes. Lot of shit I'm holding back on saying here. This woman lost her husband. The children lost their dad. And some asshole wants to politicize it. It's demeaning. Go to Hell Motherfucker. Take your leftwing-ass NAZI's with you.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
03-01-2017, 10:07 AM
Behind Blue Eyes. Lot of shit I'm holding back on saying here. This woman lost her husband. The children lost their dad. And some asshole wants to politicize it. It's demeaning. Go to Hell Motherfucker. Take your leftwing-ass NAZI's with you.

That father lost a beloved son and that wife wife lost her beloved husband. Both are enduring massive grief and they disagree on this last action he was involved in.
Each has a right to their opinion but to me -his sacrifice and faithfully doing his sworn duty rises far ,far above all of that and shows him to be a true ,fallen hero.
One I salute , admire and pray he receives his just rewards in heaven..
Existing in a state of grief now myself, I feel deeply for the father , the wife and his entire family...
Please God bless them , as this existing in such darkness, gloom and great agony , tis truly a hard cross to bear.-Tyr