PDA

View Full Version : Hate When This Happens

Kathianne
02-27-2017, 05:15 AM
Have a cold, who doesn't? Took Nyquil and fell asleep while watching a recorded program. Woke up at 1am, could not find remote. I mean, ANYWHERE!

Looked in the sides of chair, moved chair, tilted chair, behind chair. Looked in the bathroom, under the bed, moved all the pillows on the bed. In the hamper. Moved the dresser, after looking under it. (Yeah, the doc would have a fit, but heh, I have a 'smart tv' and damn if I could find any changer buttons on it! Sat down at laptop, looking at news. Eyes pop up to tv, infomercial! Arrrggg!

Start round two of search, after searching out the price of replacement cable remote. ;)

Finally, I spot it. Against the wall far end of my room, under the bed! Mind you that is like 8'. I somehow did that in my sleep. I was in the recliner. I cannot figure this out as the bottom rails of bed are only 6" off the ground and I'm sitting considerably higher than that in the chair. Yet there it was, on the floor, under the bed, against the wall.

Mystery. Yeah, I did sleepwalk when young, but not for many years. So strange.

Gunny
02-27-2017, 06:03 AM
Have a cold, who doesn't? Took Nyquil and fell asleep while watching a recorded program. Woke up at 1am, could not find remote. I mean, ANYWHERE!

Looked in the sides of chair, moved chair, tilted chair, behind chair. Looked in the bathroom, under the bed, moved all the pillows on the bed. In the hamper. Moved the dresser, after looking under it. (Yeah, the doc would have a fit, but heh, I have a 'smart tv' and damn if I could find any changer buttons on it! Sat down at laptop, looking at news. Eyes pop up to tv, infomercial! Arrrggg!

Start round two of search, after searching out the price of replacement cable remote. ;)

Finally, I spot it. Against the wall far end of my room, under the bed! Mind you that is like 8'. I somehow did that in my sleep. I was in the recliner. I cannot figure this out as the bottom rails of bed are only 6" off the ground and I'm sitting considerably higher than that in the chair. Yet there it was, on the floor, under the bed, against the wall.

I love you. sis. I thought I was the only one.:laugh: Took me a good 2 hours to figure out my keys were in my pocket.:laugh2:

Kathianne
02-27-2017, 06:10 AM
I love you. sis. I thought I was the only one.:laugh: Took me a good 2 hours to figure out my keys were in my pocket.:laugh2:

Now that type of thing, along with glasses on top of my head, that's just everyday nonsense. LOL!

For the life of me, I wish I had a camera filming what and how I did that last night!

Gunny
02-27-2017, 06:59 AM
Now that type of thing, along with glasses on top of my head, that's just everyday nonsense. LOL!

For the life of me, I wish I had a camera filming what and how I did that last night!I can lose my glasses on my face. I didn't know talent was involved. :laugh:

Balu
02-27-2017, 07:21 AM
It looks like the beginning of a multiple sclerosis. (No intention to offend)
I would recommend you to consult a doctor. Unfortunately it may be the symptom of the very beginning of a serious disease.
Take care of yourself!

Gunny
02-27-2017, 07:35 AM
It looks like the beginning of a multiple sclerosis. (No intention to offend)
I would recommend you to consult a doctor. Unfortunately it may be the symptom of the very beginning of a serious disease.
Take care of yourself!

OK threadkill.

Hey Kath, I can match you goofy story for story. I just laugh at myself.. I'm my own entertainment system. :)

Abbey Marie
02-27-2017, 09:55 AM
The other day, while I was talking on my cell phone, I started to fret that I didn't know where my cell phone was.

NightTrain
02-27-2017, 11:19 AM

^^ This.

I've spent an hour looking for them before, and find them there. Or more accurately, my wife gives me a weird look and points to the top of my head.

Elessar
02-27-2017, 12:59 PM
My cat sometimes hides the remotes. First place to look is under a throw rug by the front door.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-27-2017, 02:01 PM

One word- gremlins..
CALL GHOSTBUSTERS TOO. -;)

Seriously, Ive been dealing with that sort of thing the better part of three years now my friend.
I have one spot that I take off and leave my shoes. That is in living room , right to the left of entrance to the kitchen.
At 5 to 10 times a week, I go to put them on and they are not there. My wife swears she did not move them but methinks it is her doing it(then her forgetting) because a couple times I wrote on paper where I PLACED MY SHOES- WENT AND HOURS LATER FOUND THAT SPOT WAS EMPTY SHOES WERE FOUND ELSEWHERE.
OR MAYBE I NEED TO CALL GHOSTBUSTERS MYSELF.. -:laugh:
MY WIFE IS -TIDY FREAK,,...-TYR

Gunny
02-27-2017, 03:04 PM
I wear the little bitty ones that perch at the end of my nose and I HAVE lost them there.:laugh:

I spent quite awhile just last night looking for a glass of coke I KNEW I had ... somewhere. Was sitting on the end table outside my bedroom door. I've walked around all over a job site looking for pliers I was holding.:laugh2:

And HERE is a classic .... ex GF searching frantically for baby. What's that thing on your hip?:laugh2:

SassyLady
03-05-2017, 12:29 AM
^^ This.

I've spent an hour looking for them before, and find them there. Or more accurately, my wife gives me a weird look and points to the top of my head.

I have several "readers" around the house and if I can't found one pair I'll just put on another pair. The other day my roommate wanted to know why I had pair if glasses on my head of I had a pair on my face. LOL! Looked pretty funny.

SassyLady
03-05-2017, 12:32 AM

Had a dream ... threw the remote?