PDA

View Full Version : Will The Wall Get Funded?

Kathianne
03-01-2017, 07:55 PM
I didn't watch the speech last night, but watched a replay today. I don't think he, nor the speech were perfect, but both were perfect for him. I think he was respectful and left the trash talking at home, even if for a night. I think he laid out fairly well what he wants to get done. I always hate that up and down clapping crap. I would rather hear the entirety of the speech without all of that, but it's always the same. What I was hoping for was there, that he look presidential, and he did IMO.

But yep, the ovation to Owen's wife was the best part. I was touched right from the get go, in the ovation itself, and then seeing it in her face. But then it kept going. Some sat after a spell, a spell that was already longer than most. But then the president upped the clapping, you could hear it in the microphone, and it was as if the folks on the right got louder in their clapping. I'm not sure how long that ovation was, but it was a touching tribute to the wife of a fallen hero, from both sides of the aisle. I don't recall ever seeing one like that before in front of congress like that.

Some fears will be set aside, especially with the new order being backed off on for now. Let's see how this all pans out going forward. Start with the wall. :)

If this is true, the wall has run into one:

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-immigration-funds-idUSKBN1685SY

Really for another thread though.

jimnyc
03-01-2017, 08:29 PM
If this is true, the wall has run into one:

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-immigration-funds-idUSKBN1685SY

Really for another thread though.

They're going to need to find a solution to this one, or I'll be awfully pissed. Now THIS is something that I voted on. They better find the funding. $20 million isn't nearly enough. At least get the damn thing started and fight for funding. No, I don't want to see a dead end wall, but this should be a priority.

I have no issue in bending on some things, especially going across the aisle, if nothing at all would get done otherwise. That's why I always said, they would never deport 11 million people. But that I would be happy hitting the felons and other criminals, but concentrate more on a wall and ways of preventing illegal immigration going forward, and also ways of hitting employers to prevent 2 problems at once.

But the only bending I think I wouldn't mind is seeing walls that are actually reinforced dual fences monitored in new ways, in SOME areas, but actual cement walls the rest of the way. Yep, a story to follow which I'm sure will lead to another thread. :)

aboutime
03-01-2017, 08:47 PM
The Anti-Trumpers, and Dems insist there isn't funding?

Trump, and his cabinet members are AMAZINGLY...Finding wasted, duplicated, funding in many departments. WASTE, FRAUD, and ABUSE...duplicated jobs, and people who do nothing but collect paychecks...such as the Overblown IRS, and EPA...for starters...WILL BE THE SOURCE OF FUNDING.
And, let's not forget. All of the DRUG CARTEL money captured by ICE, and the BORDER PATROL will help.

Trump knows it. And THINKING Americans should know it too!

Kathianne
03-01-2017, 09:59 PM
They're going to need to find a solution to this one, or I'll be awfully pissed. Now THIS is something that I voted on. They better find the funding. $20 million isn't nearly enough. At least get the damn thing started and fight for funding. No, I don't want to see a dead end wall, but this should be a priority.

I have no issue in bending on some things, especially going across the aisle, if nothing at all would get done otherwise. That's why I always said, they would never deport 11 million people. But that I would be happy hitting the felons and other criminals, but concentrate more on a wall and ways of preventing illegal immigration going forward, and also ways of hitting employers to prevent 2 problems at once.

But the only bending I think I wouldn't mind is seeing walls that are actually reinforced dual fences monitored in new ways, in SOME areas, but actual cement walls the rest of the way. Yep, a story to follow which I'm sure will lead to another thread. :)

Obviously you are not alone, I think most of his supporters strongly feel the way you do.

I'm more flexible, while I want the border secured, I'm all for doing it the most cost efficient/technological way feasible. To my way of thinking, the 'bad guys' always figure a way around, the adaptability of no hard wall makes this more logical to me.

Indeed the costs of the wall and everything else also seem worthy of consideration in my opinion.

While there's plenty of waste in all aspects of the government, I'm pretty certain we have consensus there, I think there needs to be some sort of accountability in spending. Doesn't matter if it's the military or all those programs that are going to face 'draconian' cuts.

I thought the 'additional money' for the $1T in spending and $54B in military increase were going to be funded by increase in tax revenues and cuts across the board on discretionary spending. No cuts or reform to entitlements, indeed add one for VOICE and another for paid 'Parental Leave.' Just how high do you think is sustainable in deficits?

Elessar
03-01-2017, 11:49 PM
The Anti-Trumpers, and Dems insist there isn't funding?

Trump, and his cabinet members are AMAZINGLY...Finding wasted, duplicated, funding in many departments. WASTE, FRAUD, and ABUSE...duplicated jobs, and people who do nothing but collect paychecks...such as the Overblown IRS, and EPA...for starters...WILL BE THE SOURCE OF FUNDING.
And, let's not forget. All of the DRUG CARTEL money captured by ICE, and the BORDER PATROL will help.

Trump knows it. And THINKING Americans should know it too!

Try getting ahold of the IRS by telephone. They did not even answer the past two years.

Noir
03-03-2017, 04:34 AM
No need to ask congress, just ask Mexico for the extra funds :salute:

gabosaurus
03-03-2017, 10:23 AM
Trump is going to gradually walk the Mexico wall back, same as many of his other campaign promises. There was never a chance of his wall getting funded. Mexico is not going to pay for it. Congress is not going to approve funding. If you believed Trump's promise to build a wall, you were duped.

aboutime
03-03-2017, 02:15 PM
Trump is going to gradually walk the Mexico wall back, same as many of his other campaign promises. There was never a chance of his wall getting funded. Mexico is not going to pay for it. Congress is not going to approve funding. If you believed Trump's promise to build a wall, you were duped.

Okay gabby. Let's say you are right with your prediction.

On the other hand. How bout a promise from you, here, right now.

If the wall gets built, and Trump pisses you off by keeping his word.

WILL YOU THEN "LEAVE THIS FORUM FOR GOOD?"
Let's see how smart you either are, or you THINK you are.
Deal?

Elessar
03-03-2017, 06:42 PM

Well, once again....there is your 'leave for Australia' threat to live up to, just like Gisberg.

Black Diamond
03-03-2017, 06:44 PM
Well, once again....there is your 'leave for Australia' threat to live up to, just like Gisberg.
I wish Jizzberg had kept her promise.

gabosaurus
03-03-2017, 09:57 PM

I wanted to go. My husband and daughter voted against me. Even the cat voted against me. :(

Not that any of that has anything to do with Trump's wall not getting funded. It would require a large tax hike. You think Congress would go for that?

Black Diamond
03-03-2017, 09:59 PM
I wanted to go. My husband and daughter voted against me. Even the cat voted against me. :(

Not that any of that has anything to do with Trump's wall not getting funded. It would require a large tax hike. You think Congress would go for that?
None of Obama's or Bush's spending required tax hikes. Why should Trump's?

gabosaurus
03-03-2017, 10:06 PM
None of Obama's or Bush's spending required tax hikes. Why should Trump's?

I don't thing either of them asked for $15-20 billion to fund something that is entirely unnecessary.

Black Diamond
03-03-2017, 10:08 PM
I don't thing either of them asked for $15-20 billion to fund something that is entirely unnecessary.
You agree with the Iraq war, then?

LongTermGuy
03-07-2017, 05:46 PM

Relax...it will get funded...and there are many ways Mexico WILL PAY FOR IT....stay focused...ignore the anti-Trump but-hurt Fog being blown

aboutime
03-07-2017, 07:11 PM

gabby. Most of us know why you would say it's unnecessary. You will lose your gardner, maid, pool boy, car washer, weed puller, fruit picker, and all of the CHEVVY'S that bring the Illegals to your neighborhood every day.

Other than your whining, and hypocrisy. THE WALL WILL GET BUILT. Suck it up!