PDA

View Full Version : Amazing new technology

Abbey Marie
03-03-2017, 09:35 AM
Maybe everyone will use this once they see how it works!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/dTFHCyNVBTk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Elessar
03-03-2017, 07:28 PM
That is basic and simple. The only time I do not use mine is when no other
vehicles are within 300 feet of me.

aboutime
03-03-2017, 08:27 PM
But, it's the lousy drivers who usually never use them, and call them BLINKERS.

It's along the same lines as drivers who have no idea why their car engine DIES.

Because the cause is usually..."THE CHECK OIL LIGHT"..they ignored.

I heard the story about a young woman who's engine seized up, and was smoking.
She asked the mechanic what the "710 thingy was for?"

http://icansayit.com/images/710oil.jpg

So, another excuse for NOT using their TURN SIGNALS could be..."IT NEEDS BLINKER OIL".

Kathianne
03-04-2017, 07:51 AM
http://i64.tinypic.com/30mafcm.jpg (http://tinypic.com?ref=30mafcm)

Elessar
03-04-2017, 04:58 PM
So, another excuse for NOT using their TURN SIGNALS could be..."IT NEEDS BLINKER OIL".[/CENTER]

Is that anything like Relative Bearing Grease???:laugh:

aboutime
03-04-2017, 07:22 PM
Is that anything like Relative Bearing Grease???:laugh:

Elessar. YOU BET!:laugh: Just like sending a bootcamp down to the Bosn's locker for 50 feet of WATERLINE.
Or, sending a boot up to the Captain's stateroom, just before getting underway, to ask for the KEYS to start the engines!

Elessar
03-04-2017, 07:44 PM
Elessar. YOU BET!:laugh: Just like sending a bootcamp down to the Bosn's locker for 50 feet of WATERLINE.
Or, sending a boot up to the Captain's stateroom, just before getting underway, to ask for the KEYS to start the engines!

I guess we could tell stories about some of those pranks...

Balu
03-04-2017, 08:06 PM

<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/dTFHCyNVBTk" allowfullscreen="" width="560" height="315" frameborder="0"></iframe>
For me it looks very funny.
Here in Russia if you failed to switch on the left turn signal before commencing driving means that you didn't pass your exam to obtain your driving license. On the road/in the street you'll be penalized for 10$ (500 rubles). :cool:

sundaydriver
03-05-2017, 06:38 AM
Just as bad are the drivers that wait to put their signals on just as they are turning.

KarlMarx
03-05-2017, 08:21 AM

<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/dTFHCyNVBTk" allowfullscreen="" width="560" height="315" frameborder="0"></iframe>

You know, I've heard about these .... but on some people's car they must be optional equipment because they would use them if they had them :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
03-05-2017, 10:25 AM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/dTFHCyNVBTk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

When driving in Memphis Tennessee, deciding to change into another lane, finding a safe distance gap to to do so- give your signal and 19 times out of 20(on average) the car in that lane you are merging in front of-- WILL SPEED UP TO CLOSE THAT GAP SO FAST THAT YOU CAN NOT SAFELY DO SO.
I've been driving in Memphis since 1973, and now this has reached an unimaginable level- it is as if the idiots do not understand that they endanger themselves and everybody else by doing this!

On another note- and this pisses me off to no end-- usually its the lady drivers doing this.
I merge over with my correct signal flashing, with by any standard plenty of safe distance to do so--and they blow the damn horn at me as if I tried to take their front bumper off.
AND THAT IS WITH MY CAR ARRIVING AHEAD OF THEIR CAR, IN THEIR LANE, WITH AT LEAST A 10 TO 12 CAR LENGTH GAP BETWEEN VEHICLES...
Sometimes later, they even speed up alongside my car and flip me off. Its insanity...

And dont get me started on the illegals driving here in Memphis about 19 out of 20 have no clue about giving turn signals to make a turn or lane change.--Tyr

Balu
03-05-2017, 11:53 AM
When driving in Memphis Tennessee, deciding to change into another lane, finding a safe distance gap to to do so- give your signal and 19 times out of 20(on average) the car in that lane you are merging in front of-- WILL SPEED UP TO CLOSE THAT GAP SO FAST THAT YOU CAN NOT SAFELY DO SO.
I've been driving in Memphis since 1973, and now this has reached an unimaginable level- it is as if the idiots do not understand that they endanger themselves and everybody else by doing this!

On another note- and this pisses me off to no end-- usually its the lady drivers doing this.
I merge over with my correct signal flashing, with by any standard plenty of safe distance to do so--and they blow the damn horn at me as if I tried to take their front bumper off.
AND THAT IS WITH MY CAR ARRIVING AHEAD OF THEIR CAR, IN THEIR LANE, WITH AT LEAST A 10 TO 12 CAR LENGTH GAP BETWEEN VEHICLES...
Sometimes later, they even speed up alongside my car and flip me off. Its insanity...

And dont get me started on the illegals driving here in Memphis about 19 out of 20 have no clue about giving turn signals to make a turn or lane change.--Tyr
I dare to add my nickel to the subject of driving.
In Russia we say - Traffic regulations are written in blood. And this is True.
First, when driving, you must constantly track the situation around you at 360 degrees.
Second, all your actions must never be unexpected and unpredictable for the others.
Third, when driving you constantly must try to predict the behavior of the other participants of driving, basing on the road and traffic situation, taking into consideration technical characteristics of the vehicles and a temperament and the experience of their drivers.
Forth, the most dangerous maneuver is an overtaking when you are moving on a lane for the oncoming traffic. Here, the quicker this maneuver is - the better. And to achieve it the drive should use a proper technique. Initially, on highways, at the distance enough for safe breaking in case of an emergency get convinced that nobody is overtaking you put on left turn and shift to oncoming lane. Should it be free and there is enough distance to finish the overcoming safely, shift to the lower gear or use kick down to achieve a higher torque, which provide better acceleration thus reducing the time of overcoming and your staying on a "wrong lane". You may safely return back to your lane when you see the overcome vehicle in your inside mirror. And then, very important, remain at this higher speed for a certain time to increase the distance between you and a vehicle you've just overcome not to irritate his driver as some may treat your maneuver as a kind of insulting, especially if this car is more powerful and speedy.
Sorry if what I've said looks a bit boring.

darin
03-06-2017, 02:46 AM
Best thing for saving lives would be removal of all brake lights and turn signals. First consequence - people would then lose an excuse for not-paying attention to cars around them.

Second consequence. Increase in accident rates.

Third consequence - people would become more in-tune with what traffic around them is doing; fewer surprises because people learn to watch cars and anticipate the car's movement based on micromovements (things like where the car is aligned within the lane, position of the front wheels, etc).

Fourth consequence - lives saved because we have become, through attrition or other means, better drivers.

Balu
03-06-2017, 03:08 AM
Best thing for saving lives would be removal of all brake lights and turn signals. First consequence - people would then lose an excuse for not-paying attention to cars around them.

Second consequence. Increase in accident rates.

Third consequence - people would become more in-tune with what traffic around them is doing; fewer surprises because people learn to watch cars and anticipate the car's movement based on micromovements (things like where the car is aligned within the lane, position of the front wheels, etc).

Fourth consequence - lives saved because we have become, through attrition or other means, better drivers.

I see you are a militant avant-gardist. :laugh:

darin
03-06-2017, 08:42 AM
I see you are a militant avant-gardist. :laugh:

not so much - really, simply prefer goodness and truth. :cheers:

btw - I took this in 2000.

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9761&d=1488807737

Balu
03-06-2017, 09:17 AM
not so much - really, simply prefer goodness and truth. :cheers:

btw - I took this in 2000.

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9761&d=1488807737

So you're an ardent supporter of natural selection? :laugh:

As to the pic of the Red Square the traffic there is forbidden since late 60s. The reason why it is deserted very likely there were preparations for some event and two policemen and a car at the distance are on guard on the safe side. Usually there are a lot of people there.

darin
03-06-2017, 09:34 AM
So you're an ardent supporter of natural selection? :laugh:

As to the pic of the Red Square the traffic there is forbidden since late 60s. The reason why it is deserted very likely there were preparations for some event and two policemen and a car at the distance are on guard on the safe side. Usually there are a lot of people there.

Not quite...It was deserted because it was really really early. I think they were just standing there chatting - were no parades or anything that day. :) I stayed at Hotel Moscow, just outside the gate - if I were to turn around and walk away from them, I'd go out that gate, take a right at the main street and there's the hotel.

Balu
03-06-2017, 09:45 AM
Not quite...It was deserted because it was really really early. I think they were just standing there chatting - were no parades or anything that day. :) I stayed at Hotel Moscow, just outside the gate - if I were to turn around and walk away from them, I'd go out that gate, take a right at the main street and there's the hotel.
Really? Have you paid attention to the snow on the sidewalk and on St. Basil's Cathedral? It might be the mid-end of November. Sunrise ~ 8 a.m., sunset ~ 4:30 p.m. More likely December. http://s19.rimg.info/aee19e2775457d135efdf745e7d94e15.gif (http://smayliki.ru/smilie-1224821991.html)

Balu
03-06-2017, 09:55 AM
... I stayed at Hotel Moscow, just outside the gate - if I were to turn around and walk away from them, I'd go out that gate, take a right at the main street and there's the hotel.
It is very nice that you've visited Russia. But... 17 years passed and and this is a good deal of time. Now you won't recognize Moscow you saw before. Even the historical part. :slap:

Abbey Marie
03-06-2017, 11:58 AM
Just saw 4 cars at different lights make a left turn on red. At three different lights, on 2 different roadways, and across 2 and 4 (!) lanes of traffic. Driving is insane. People are insane.

Elessar
03-06-2017, 12:18 PM
Just saw 4 cars at different lights make a left turn on red. At three different lights, on 2 different roadways, and across 2 and 4 (!) lanes of traffic. Driving is insane. People are insane.

I saw that in LA and Long Beach a lot. Too big of a hurry; Then also saw many cut right in front of other traffic just to hit an onramp
instead of slowing down and merging correctly.