PDA

View Full Version : Happy Anniversary Rush!!!!!!

red states rule
08-03-2007, 06:52 AM
On Aug 1, Rush Limbaugh started his 20 year on the air. He is still has the #1 rated talk show in the world, and he is showing no signs of slowing down

From his show on Wed........

RUSH: It is August 1st, ladies and gentlemen, which is not just a big day here, it is a huge day in the history of the United States. It is also a huge day in the history of American media. August 1st, 1988, this program was born. (interruption - staff yelling "Happy Anniversary!") Oh look at that, a little celebratory NutriSystem blueberry muffin with one little candle. (clapping) Let me blow it out. Thank you all so much. Snerdley and Dawn and Brian brought this in. Oh, and look, there's a little card here. They always embarrass me doing this. Anyway, this program was born August 1st, 1988, today is our 19th anniversary. The birth of this program has brought about a sea change, a revolution in American media, and it all could not have happened, of course, without me, but it could not have happened actually without you. Without you being there consistently in ever increasing numbers, with your incredible loyalty to this program, we all appreciate it here more than you will ever know. http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_080107/content/01125106.member.html

jimnyc
08-03-2007, 06:58 AM
While I'm happy he's had the opportunity to express his views for so long without censorship, I still think he's a fat blowhard. Too much rhetoric and too little facts for my listening pleasure.

red states rule
08-03-2007, 07:00 AM
While I'm happy he's had the opportunity to express his views for so long without censorship, I still think he's a fat blowhard. Too much rhetoric and too little facts for my listening pleasure.

Libs have tried to silence him for years - without any success.

Evey lib they have put up against him have fallen on their ass

Rush has dropped about 70 pounds and looks pretty good

His shows does give the facts - and as he says "shines the light of truth on the left"

jimnyc
08-03-2007, 08:25 AM
Libs have tried to silence him for years - without any success.

Evey lib they have put up against him have fallen on their ass

Rush has dropped about 70 pounds and looks pretty good

His shows does give the facts - and as he says "shines the light of truth on the left"

I'm glad he hasn't been shut down or censored. I'm glad liberals have failed at any attempts to silence him. I'm also glad that he has apparently taken steps to lose weight. And I'll also admit that his show does present facts along with his dialogue.

Nonetheless, I prefer to listen to more factual based news. IMO, listening to Rush spout of his rhetoric wouldn't me much different than listening to Michael Moore having a radio show. Both present facts to the audience, and then add a ton of rhetoric and twisting to bolster their opinions.

I gotta be honest though, I really don't listen to any talk related shows other than Opie & Anthony. I'd much rather listen to the filthy humor than the endless bickering between political parties. I come here for that. :)

red states rule
08-03-2007, 08:27 AM
I'm glad he hasn't been shut down or censored. I'm glad liberals have failed at any attempts to silence him. I'm also glad that he has apparently taken steps to lose weight. And I'll also admit that his show does present facts along with his dialogue.

Nonetheless, I prefer to listen to more factual based news. IMO, listening to Rush spout of his rhetoric wouldn't me much different than listening to Michael Moore having a radio show. Both present facts to the audience, and then add a ton of rhetoric and twisting to bolster their opinions.

I gotta be honest though, I really don't listen to any talk related shows other than Opie & Anthony. I'd much rather listen to the filthy humor than the endless bickering between political parties. I come here for that. :)

It is fun to hear libs rant how Rush and Sean need to be silenced - then they talk about how the civil libeerties that pres Bush wants to take away

The differecne between Rush and liberal talk radio - is liberal talk radio is pure hate. I have never heard Rush wish a Dem dead, or openly hope something bad happens to them

Try listening to Rush and Sean for awhile - you will hear the difference

Millions do everyday

bluestatesrule
08-03-2007, 09:57 AM
Guys:

I spent 21 years on the broadcasting profession....in news, on the air....and in every instance...my boss was a republican....and yes we used to debate all the time....he never told me how to cover the news...but he did not have to....in the news business...it is about getting the big story...getting the most listeners....and if some politican commits a big gaff...we did not care if he was democrat...republican...or someone who belonged to the Britney Spears fan club...we were going to run with it. Don't you remember the words to the 1981 classic from Don Henley....called Dirty Laundry. As for Rush....he is an excellent entertainer...he single-handedly saved AM radio. I respect him a lot...he is a real pro...I disagree with a lot of his viewpoints.....

red states rule
08-04-2007, 09:05 AM
Guys:

I spent 21 years on the broadcasting profession....in news, on the air....and in every instance...my boss was a republican....and yes we used to debate all the time....he never told me how to cover the news...but he did not have to....in the news business...it is about getting the big story...getting the most listeners....and if some politican commits a big gaff...we did not care if he was democrat...republican...or someone who belonged to the Britney Spears fan club...we were going to run with it. Don't you remember the words to the 1981 classic from Don Henley....called Dirty Laundry. As for Rush....he is an excellent entertainer...he single-handedly saved AM radio. I respect him a lot...he is a real pro...I disagree with a lot of his viewpoints.....

The liberal today is overwhelmingly liberal, and thier bias shows through in their "reporting"

A recent report proved the reproters gave, by a 9 - 1 ratio, money to the Dems

There have been many admissions by big name WH reporters who admit the bias and how the WH Press Corps hate Pres Bush

82Marine89
08-04-2007, 10:04 AM
Guys:

Running with the big story is fine. It's the verbiage used in reporting it I have problems with. The majority of stories reported have a liberal slant. If a democrat screws up it is reported and the story disappears. If a republican screws up it is news fodder for a week and the attempt is made to browbeat him into resigning.

As for Rush, I can't stand him and his diatribes. Savage is another one that grates me the wrong way.

red states rule
08-04-2007, 10:10 AM
Running with the big story is fine. It's the verbiage used in reporting it I have problems with. The majority of stories reported have a liberal slant. If a democrat screws up it is reported and the story disappears. If a republican screws up it is news fodder for a week and the attempt is made to browbeat him into resigning.

As for Rush, I can't stand him and his diatribes. Savage is another one that grates me the wrong way.

Like Dan Rather's National Guard story?

Or the Newsweek article where US troops tore up and flushed the Koran down the toilet?