PDA

View Full Version : Gabby

Jeff
03-08-2017, 09:11 AM
Gabs I was just watching a show on TV about the PCH (pacific coastal highway) like I have told you I have been to California but never got to any of the beaches, if you have any pictures I would love to see them it looks beautiful on TV. I wasn't impressed with California but when I see the beach and the high cliffs that is beautiful, I think that is something that I would of loved to of seen. So again if ya have any pictures please post them, thanks.

Gunny
03-08-2017, 10:34 AM
Gabs I was just watching a show on TV about the PCH (pacific coastal highway) like I have told you I have been to California but never got to any of the beaches, if you have any pictures I would love to see them it looks beautiful on TV. I wasn't impressed with California but when I see the beach and the high cliffs that is beautiful, I think that is something that I would of loved to of seen. So again if ya have any pictures please post them, thanks.

The Coast Highway is nice. Just tons of red lights. Most people use 15. Big Sur us where you want to go to see the beaches. It's beautiful.

gabosaurus
03-08-2017, 10:38 AM
Try this for starters: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Asl9BOwSV00

Abbey Marie
03-08-2017, 10:52 AM

Thanks, G. That was a really nice video. Any idea what song was playing? I liked that too.

I went all all the way across country once to Microsoft headquarters on a business trip, and never had a chance to see the Pacific. Very disappointed.

:(

Abbey Marie
03-08-2017, 10:55 AM
The Coast Highway is nice. Just tons of red lights. Most people use 15. Big Sur us where you want to go to see the beaches. It's beautiful.

You made me think of this:

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9782&stc=1

Elessar
03-08-2017, 11:08 AM
Jeff, try googling:

Trinidad CA

Prairie Creek Redwoods State Park

Point Arena Lighthouse

Morro Bay

Gunny
03-08-2017, 11:10 AM
You made me think of this:

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9782&stc=1

Bows and flows of angel hair, and ice cream castles in the air .... I've looked at clouds that way. Ain't as dumb as I look.

jimnyc
03-08-2017, 02:19 PM
Ain't as dumb as I look.

I wouldn't disagree. :coffee:

aboutime
03-08-2017, 03:26 PM
Thanks, G. That was a really nice video. Any idea what song was playing? I liked that too.

I went all all the way across country once to Microsoft headquarters on a business trip, and never had a chance to see the Pacific. Very disappointed.

:(

Abbey. That song is listed at the bottom of the video.

"Dragonflies (Cantoma Remix)" by Jose Padilla & Kirsty Keatch Listen ad-free with YouTube R

hjmick
03-08-2017, 04:46 PM
The best parts of PCH are north of Malibu. Between Malibu and Point Mugu, and then between Ventura and, well, just about all points north. I've driven PCH from top to bottom (Dana Point is where it ends) and back again. The northern part is the best.

Abbey Marie
03-08-2017, 08:32 PM
Abbey. That song is listed at the bottom of the video.

"Dragonflies (Cantoma Remix)" by Jose Padilla & Kirsty Keatch Listen ad-free with YouTube R

Thanks, AT! So nice of you to let me know. :salute:

gabosaurus
03-08-2017, 08:58 PM
Drive up PCH to the Bay Area is a pleasant diversion if you aren't pressed for time.

Jeff
03-09-2017, 12:54 AM
:clap:

Thank you Gabby

Now that's beautiful. I have a new addition to my bucket list, ride scooter on PCH , only problem is I would probably hit a on coming car head on well I was trying to look out at the ocean. I love that bluish green tint in the water, Florida is like that as well, man I watched the video and could almost smell the salt water, thanks again.

Jeff
03-09-2017, 01:09 AM
Jeff, try googling:

Trinidad CA

Prairie Creek Redwoods State Park

Point Arena Lighthouse

Morro Bay

Thank you I sure will.

Not sure if you where here to see any of my rants about the west coast but I hated it, I have only been a couple of times and always into LA, I wanted to get to the beach out there but was always in a hurry or the one time I was out there for the weekend I backed truck and trailer down a alley along side the hotel I stayed at, the area didn't look to be the best of areas so I wasn't about to drop the trailer and bobtail (although we eventually did to go get dinner) I loved coming across the desert, I just couldn't stand LA. People where nasty and so on and on , just like any other city. Truth be told I don't care for any city and I have been in most except the NW corner. Anyway thanks for the advice, I see California does have beautiful spots.

Elessar
03-09-2017, 12:42 PM
Thank you I sure will.

Not sure if you where here to see any of my rants about the west coast but I hated it, I have only been a couple of times and always into LA, I wanted to get to the beach out there but was always in a hurry or the one time I was out there for the weekend I backed truck and trailer down a alley along side the hotel I stayed at, the area didn't look to be the best of areas so I wasn't about to drop the trailer and bobtail (although we eventually did to go get dinner) I loved coming across the desert, I just couldn't stand LA. People where nasty and so on and on , just like any other city. Truth be told I don't care for any city and I have been in most except the NW corner. Anyway thanks for the advice, I see California does have beautiful spots.

I lived in Long Beach for a while and worked at the CG commands there and in the Port of LA/LB.
Detested the traffic, dirt, and idiot drivers always in a hurry.

It is so very much nicer in the far NW Coast of that state.

gabosaurus
03-09-2017, 03:54 PM
I have found that drivers on PCH actually drive more courteously than on the freeways and other busy roads. Most likely because PCH is more often used for leisure destinations than business or work.

Elessar
03-09-2017, 04:29 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gN-f7CiuDY