PDA

View Full Version : How I picture Tyr

Abbey Marie
03-08-2017, 12:09 PM
https://gabrielwarriorpoet.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/dreamfall-warrior.jpg?w=600&h=450

When we stand to arms for you
We do so for a reason
We do it out of love for you
And not just for a season
When we take the battle field
And the trumpets sound
Words like heavy weapons weild
Bring truth to all around
A warrior with a poets heart
Wisdom is his quest
Will always stand to do his part
No matter what the test
Seeking no reward or acclaim
No pay of any kind
Not interested in the fame
Of that he has no mind
Not driven by interest in me
Of ego there is none
Not even for fame and glory
And definitely not for fun
We look upon the world and see
Abuse of powers and Injustice causing misery
And from love we make a stand
And tell the world we’ve had enough
Of watching all of this
And with our words we then get tough
And seal them with a kiss
Living to heavens laws above
In the violent world below
We stand to battle out of love
For all of you to show
That when you live enlightened life
In loving everyone so
No matter the cause of any strife
We have your backs you know
You now know why we do it
It’s all just to show
Not that we are fighting fit
But we love you so
~Gabriel

By: Gabriel Warrior Poet

https://gabrielwarriorpoet.wordpress.com/author/gabrielwarriorpoet/page/6/

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot

Balu
03-08-2017, 01:28 PM
Thank you Abby for the thread dedicated to Robert!
He is a strong, intelligence man with a Great Soul, a hurting and bleeding heart and he is a very interesting interlocutor with real traditional but not false values and criterias with a talent of a Poet with a capital letter.
He is a Treasure of this board. And me, I am really happy that I had a chance to meet such a Man here.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
03-08-2017, 03:10 PM
A rare thing this is--for me to be at a loss for words. I appreciate this vote of confidence in my character and my ongoing attempt at tampering my anger, my constant internal demons that plague me so deeply..
Striving to destroy all of my youthful wild ways and live up to my father and grandfather's wishes for me has been a long, hard and sometimes quite savage road..
The past and its brutal lessons serve me well, if and when I see that deep well of savagery must be tempered if ever its to be abolished..
To me the more poetry that I WRITE , THE MORE I DESTROY MY YOUTHFUL LOVE OF TOUGHNESS AND INSTANT JUSTICE DELIVERED BY MY OWN HANDS.. For once, that was an addiction, stronger than any drug.
A work in progress but as long as I keep on trying, the goal may yet one day be reached.
My wife read this and had tears in her beautiful brown eyes.. And that is another thing I am thankful to you Abbey, my friend for.
Along with my many great friends here, that put up with my poetry addiction..

Abbey, I checked and found that link, bookmarked it to later read that fine poetess works.
Her poem was truly great and showed her great talent...-Tyr

Elessar
03-08-2017, 03:12 PM
Got my vote, Old Friend!

Russ
03-08-2017, 08:24 PM
Robert is the kind of guy that you can trust to have your back when you're in trouble one day, and then have a deep philosophical discussion the next day about the meaning of life. A truly rare and admirable guy, and a class act.
:clap: :beer: :cheers2::cool:

Abbey Marie
03-08-2017, 08:31 PM
Robert is the kind of guy that you can trust to have your back when you're in trouble one day, and then have a deep philosophical discussion the next day about the meaning of life. A truly rare and admirable guy, and a class act.

Perfectly said!

gabosaurus
03-08-2017, 09:05 PM
I picture Robert to be a quite scholarly figure who is unafraid to state his opinion.

Balu
03-08-2017, 09:39 PM
Very good definition!:clap:
There is a Russian saying (general, not professional) from the times of WWII - "I can go to reconnaissance (*) with such a Man". This is precise about him. :slap:

(*) Go behind the front line to take the German source directly from enemy positions. It was one of the most dangerous and risky action.

Gunny
03-08-2017, 10:20 PM
Y'all are goofy and not Southern and don't listen. When I picture tyr ... tomahawk scene from the Patriot. You can run. And you're just going to die tired.

Black Diamond
03-08-2017, 10:22 PM
Patton believed in reincarnation......

Gunny
03-08-2017, 11:05 PM
Patton believed in reincarnation......

So does my brother apparently. He's a dead ringer for MacArthur. Arrogant and out of touch. At least I could understand Patton. Move forward and kick ass. MacArthur had a staff bigger than his field units to do his thinking for him.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
03-09-2017, 09:49 AM
Y'all are goofy and not Southern and don't listen. When I picture tyr ... tomahawk scene from the Patriot. You can run. And you're just going to die tired.

Had to laugh, because you are right my friend and I do have tomahawk, in my man cave(basement) . And truth be told, actually know how to use it-including how to throw it. Also have some great -skinning knives- I only used on wild game. ;)
GRANDFATHER TAUGHT ME LONG AGO how to use bow, knife, tomahawk and make use of the woods.... --Tyr

Gunny
03-09-2017, 11:31 AM
Had to laugh, because you are right my friend and I do have tomahawk, in my man cave(basement) . And truth be told, actually know how to use it-including how to throw it. Also have some great -skinning knives- I only used on wild game. ;)
GRANDFATHER TAUGHT ME LONG AGO how to use bow, knife, tomahawk and make use of the woods.... --Tyr

I remember you talking about throwing tomahawks. :)