PDA

View Full Version : The Marines are getting a live one

gabosaurus
03-09-2017, 04:01 PM
And now, a more lighthearted story about the military. :cool: I had a young man in my office this morning who wanted to join the Marines. So I helped him go through the process and hooked him up with a recruiter. I shall add that he is one of the laziest kids I have ever met. Limited moral character. I would never turn my back on him. One of his ex-girlfriends said his mom still cleans his room, makes his bed and does his laundry. He thanks her by being snide and ill-mannered. His teachers are treated the same way. I can only wonder how he is going to survive basic training.

Elessar
03-09-2017, 04:13 PM
And now, a more lighthearted story about the military. :cool: I had a young man in my office this morning who wanted to join the Marines. So I helped him go through the process and hooked him up with a recruiter. I shall add that he is one of the laziest kids I have ever met. Limited moral character. I would never turn my back on him. One of his ex-girlfriends said his mom still cleans his room, makes his bed and does his laundry. He thanks her by being snide and ill-mannered. His teachers are treated the same way. I can only wonder how he is going to survive basic training.

From the sounds of it he will not get past week 2.

Marines will not accept a cretin like that. USCG will not either.
He could try three other branches but I doubt a military future unless
he grows up.

gabosaurus
03-09-2017, 05:36 PM
This is what I am hoping. That he will decide to accept the challenge and actually grow a pair. Though I would not want to be present if he tries his line of sass on a DI.

Balu
03-09-2017, 05:36 PM
From the sounds of it he will not get past week 2.

Marines will not accept a cretin like that. USCG will not either.
He could try three other branches but I doubt a military future unless
he grows up.
But he will! The Army is an excellent school for every boy to become a Man.
I would recommend you to read "Maggot" by Robert Flanagan

http://www.robertflanagan.com/images/maggot-330.jpg

Gunny
03-09-2017, 11:17 PM
This is what I am hoping. That he will decide to accept the challenge and actually grow a pair. Though I would not want to be present if he tries his line of sass on a DI.
I'm a United States Marine. You asked for it, Bring your shit. There ain't a fucking thing nice about me. You want to play? Come get some.

gabosaurus
03-09-2017, 11:44 PM
I'm a United States Marine. You asked for it, Bring your shit. There ain't a fucking thing nice about me. You want to play? Come get some.

What are you talking about? There is no reference to you in this thread. :dunno:

Black Diamond
03-09-2017, 11:56 PM
What are you talking about? There is no reference to you in this thread. :dunno:
Probably so used to you bashing veterans it was a safe bet to attack.

Gunny
03-10-2017, 07:10 AM

I beg to differ. I'm a Marine. Want to push a red button? found one. WE are a family. You pick on on a Marine? You're picking on me. I'll light your ass right the fuck up. Haven't you made enough enemies? Back the fuck off. Get off your Marine Corps kick or you'll get a war you won't believe. You will NOT disrespect my brothers and sisters. I will tear your ass in half. You're nowhere good enough to take me on. You're a weak, mouthy little bitch That don't know shit.

Feel free to come get some. Or you can go hide like balu and the Irish fuckup.

Get the fuck off my GD-d boat.

Gunny
03-10-2017, 07:13 AM
Probably so used to you bashing veterans it was a safe bet to attack.

Worked like a charm. huh?

gabosaurus
03-10-2017, 10:46 AM
Gunny, this thread is about someone who hasn't even joined the Marines yet. Perhaps you should read it before commenting. :cool:

Gunny
03-10-2017, 11:05 AM
Gunny, this thread is about someone who hasn't even joined the Marines yet. Perhaps you should read it before commenting. :cool:

I read it. Also read your Marine-bashing thread. I'm the only Marine on this board and you're on hallowed ground. I'd suggest you tuck that tongue back into your suck and tread lightly.

So tell me, with all your wisdom and bullsh*t, why do you need two threads? If someone wants to join the Corps who are you to comment? People join the Corps to prove something. Or get away. But you won't listen to that advice anymore than you listen to anyone else.

Tell him to bring along a good toothbrush. The ones at MCRD suck.

gabosaurus
03-10-2017, 11:31 AM
Gunny, I take your advice more than you suspect. I know that only the finest and fittest men make it as Marines. This young adult (just turned 18) has never made his own bed or picked up after himself. He wanted to enlist because he thinks being a Marine would be "cool." I figured joining would either turn him into a man or teach him a good lesson, so I encouraged him to do so. I made this thread because I was wondering what his chances were of actually becoming a Marine.

Gunny
03-10-2017, 11:45 AM
Gunny, I take your advice more than you suspect. I know that only the finest and fittest men make it as Marines. This young adult (just turned 18) has never made his own bed or picked up after himself. He wanted to enlist because he thinks being a Marine would be "cool." I figured joining would either turn him into a man or teach him a good lesson, so I encouraged him to do so. I made this thread because I was wondering what his chances were of actually becoming a Marine.

Answer ... he'll either learn to or get a bus ticket home. You know how many times I wanted to quit? You're a Marine in your head.

Abbey Marie
03-10-2017, 12:03 PM
Gunny, I read the thread as Gabby just saying this guy has a long way to go to make it in the USMC. I think she is actually expressing great respect for our Marines. And by extension, for you.

:salute:

Gunny
03-10-2017, 12:13 PM
Gunny, I read the thread as Gabby just saying this guy has a long way to go to make it in the USMC. I think she is actually expressing great respect for our Marines. And by extension, for you.

:salute:

Gabby doesn't bother me. Abs. She just needs to keep stuff in one thread. My answer was honest. To be a Marine, you have to want to be a Marine. He'll learn how play "make the rack" in a day. I don't know the person. I know when I was a hat I got the most retards in the US in my platoons. Usually. the heavy is going off while the other two hats are in the duty hut laughing their asses off at some of the dumb shit recruits do.

It's just a game. When you go in to play it, you best come to play.

Elessar
03-10-2017, 03:45 PM

He's a Marine and former Drill Instructor...DI....has all the right in the world to respond here.

Black Diamond
03-10-2017, 04:14 PM
He's a Marine and former Drill Instructor...DI....has all the right in the world to respond here.
I feel like there's a lot of fuckups who have been turned around by the military....

Thoughts?

gabosaurus
03-10-2017, 06:30 PM
BD, you are entirely correct. I have seen kids who parents have discarded like refuse turn into responsible adults. I have also seen kids join the military for the paycheck. They either get their act together or get thrown on the bus home.

hjmick
03-10-2017, 06:32 PM
I feel like there's a lot of fuckups who have been turned around by the military....

Thoughts?

I know of at least one...

Gunny
03-11-2017, 12:19 AM

Thoughts?

I was basically a criminal living life in the fast lane in Miami. I joined to get the f- out. Haven't looked back. Back then, nobody knew sh*t from Shinola. My "Delayed Entry Program" lasted from Friday afternoon to Monday morning. My recruiter picked e up and said, BTW, if you want to see your grandparents, tell them to meet us at the airport. I was like WTF? Didn't bother to mention quite a few things. Like our uniforms are Olive and tan. Nobody runs around in Dress blues but recruiters. Marines go out to sea. THERE was one I didn't see coming. Nor did he ask me if I was afraid of heights which at the time I was. Failed to mention that little tidbit and guess what I spent a whole bunch of time doing?

I can still to this day remember running in formation in boots and utes, carrying a rifle, The clips on my canteen rubbing hole in my back and thinking I can just quit. Then Gunny kicked in. F*ck THAT. Quit my dying ass. Ended up dragging another recruit by his jacket because he fell out. Had the same last name as me and I always got in trouble because of his screw ups. He was killed in Beirut.

Most recruits are dumbass kids. They master their fears and suck it up or they wash out. I was an irresponsible guy that worked at a biker bar. My family was betting on whether or not I'd make it to 21.

Try encouraging him. Maybe he needs to get away. There are worse choices to make. Trust me.