PDA

View Full Version : Has this contributed to leaks?

jimnyc
03-09-2017, 06:10 PM
I'm not saying that Obama personally did this or did that, much too early and too little concrete evidence. But this movement would have certainly made it easier for various agencies to get their hands on intel/information. And then each agency is going to have leftovers from the dem turds out there. Too bad they couldn't just drop everyone and start over. But obviously someone intercepted phone calls, and that couldn't have been done without the help of the intel agencies.

How Are All These Intel Leaks Happening? Look At One Of The Last Things Obama Did Before Leaving Office

Former President Barack Obama made a last-minute change to the way wiretapped intelligence is shared Jan. 12, which may have contributed to the proliferation of leaks plaguing the Trump administration.

Obama changed the way National Security Agency intelligence is shared 8 days before leaving office, which allows globally intercepted communications to be disseminated across the entire intelligence community.

The change was part of a post-9/11 push by the executive branch to increase intelligence sharing, to ensure that NSA analysts do not miss critically important information. The change is “simply widening the aperture for a larger number of analysts, who will be bound by the existing rules,” the Office of the Director of National Intelligence said at the time.

Obama administration officials also scrambled to spread classified intelligence related to Russian meddling in the 2016 election to as many people within the U.S. government as possible. These officials said they spread the intelligence around to ensure Trump administration officials would not be able to quash the investigation. The officials also fought to keep the related intelligence at a low-classified level, giving more officers access to the raw information.

Rest here - http://dailycaller.com/2017/03/09/how-are-all-these-intel-leaks-happening-look-at-one-of-the-last-things-obama-did-before-leaving-office/

Kathianne
03-09-2017, 06:32 PM
I'm not saying that Obama personally did this or did that, much too early and too little concrete evidence. But this movement would have certainly made it easier for various agencies to get their hands on intel/information. And then each agency is going to have leftovers from the dem turds out there. Too bad they couldn't just drop everyone and start over. But obviously someone intercepted phone calls, and that couldn't have been done without the help of the intel agencies.

How Are All These Intel Leaks Happening? Look At One Of The Last Things Obama Did Before Leaving Office

Former President Barack Obama made a last-minute change to the way wiretapped intelligence is shared Jan. 12, which may have contributed to the proliferation of leaks plaguing the Trump administration.

Obama changed the way National Security Agency intelligence is shared 8 days before leaving office, which allows globally intercepted communications to be disseminated across the entire intelligence community.

The change was part of a post-9/11 push by the executive branch to increase intelligence sharing, to ensure that NSA analysts do not miss critically important information. The change is “simply widening the aperture for a larger number of analysts, who will be bound by the existing rules,” the Office of the Director of National Intelligence said at the time.

Obama administration officials also scrambled to spread classified intelligence related to Russian meddling in the 2016 election to as many people within the U.S. government as possible. These officials said they spread the intelligence around to ensure Trump administration officials would not be able to quash the investigation. The officials also fought to keep the related intelligence at a low-classified level, giving more officers access to the raw information.

Rest here - http://dailycaller.com/2017/03/09/how-are-all-these-intel-leaks-happening-look-at-one-of-the-last-things-obama-did-before-leaving-office/

I'd say it has most all to do with the leaks. It was purposeful, but he kept the degrees of separation necessary, imo, unethical but legal.

jimnyc
03-09-2017, 07:05 PM
I'd say it has most all to do with the leaks. It was purposeful, but he kept the degrees of separation necessary, imo, unethical but legal.

About where I'm at, but I don't want to say legal to any front just yet, without more proof. If just that, that the DOJ worked on solid intelligence, and they went through the hoops of legality, my only issue is the leaks and WHO leaked them. It could be a little fish in the ocean, but it could also be someone bigger. But yeah, I'm leaning towards much more unethical, at least as far as Obama himself is concerned. But someone out there IS leaking in an illegal fashion, IMO, and that's based on the telephone calls.

And while perhaps A lead to Z and no illegal actions were taken, it's also possible that once some information was garnered, even if proving innocence, it's possible the Dems/Obama/Intel agencies, or someone, tried to push information out there or whatever - and that's where the unethical part comes in, if not more.

I don't have an issue with intel being shared among the intel community, but they need to do better in tracking who has access to what, as well as when they did in fact open or access things.

Also at the very least, Obama was in charge while all this crap was happening, so the "buck stops here" thing... And the "purposeful" part of what you wrote. I agree, wholeheartedly. We see the new loud mouth guy all the time, but I think there's much worse going on quietly from the dems behind the scenes, both prior to this election and currently.

** I read Pete, or someone, saying the other day about stop blaming Obama and Hillary and what not, that Trump owns it now.... WTF?? GWB was blamed for things for 8 years, and it never ended. But then Trump owns every inherited mess within a month! LOL ** <--- Ok, I know, off topic

Elessar
03-09-2017, 07:34 PM
Leaks are leaks, and the 'transparent' Obama administration seems to have been
rampant with them.

You're right Jimnyc. All Obama did for 8 years was blame GWB for everything,
yet he could not even keep his own pantry in order.

I guess we should ignore that the liberal led Congress of Reid and Pelosi blocked any and
all legislation from passing. 287 bills on Reid's desk that never went to the Senate?

Black Diamond
03-09-2017, 07:35 PM
Obama was transparent. I saw right through him.

Elessar
03-09-2017, 07:39 PM
Obama was transparent. I saw right through him.

Yeah...so did I!:laugh:

aboutime
03-09-2017, 08:23 PM

Kathianne. Forget those Degrees of Separation. ANYONE. And I do mean ANYONE who knowingly, intentionally discloses, shares, repeats, speaks, steals ANY Classified Information, In any Form, and discloses it with ANYONE who does not have the assigned Security Clearances...SUCH AS THE MSM, or You, or Me...IS GUILTY OF TREASON.
Doing so is a FEDERAL FELONY. That's just the FACTS. Period.

When I say ANYONE. That even means whoever is PRESIDENT of the United States.
NOBODY IS ABOVE THE LAW.

sundaydriver
03-10-2017, 08:48 AM
With ~30% of our Intelligence services being outside contractors & individuals these days who knows?

Balu
03-10-2017, 08:58 AM
With ~30% of our Intelligence services being outside contractors & individuals these days who knows?
You'd better directly ask about the list of the personnel engaged and for the data of a person who will answer your question substantively. :laugh:

jimnyc
03-10-2017, 09:00 AM

Yeah, I don't like always hearing about "contractors" when I hear about the FBI and CIA. At least not with access to confidential information.