PDA

View Full Version : NFL free agency

jimnyc
03-09-2017, 07:26 PM
So am I the only one paying attention to the NFL already? :) :)

Brock Osweiller, who was traded just last year to the Houstan Texans - was traded to the ever shitty Cleveland Browns today!! Man, he makes a lot of money, but that still has to sting!!

The rumored reason he is out at Texas, is that they are about to sign Tony Romo who was cut from the Cowboys today.

Jay Cutler was cut from the Bears today.

hjmick
03-09-2017, 07:28 PM
Fuck Romo. The Texans are going to piss me off if the sign a Cowb...er... Cowgirl...

Black Diamond
03-09-2017, 07:30 PM

Brock Osweiller, who was traded just last year to the Houstan Texans - was traded to the ever shitty Cleveland Browns today!! Man, he makes a lot of money, but that still has to sting!!

The rumored reason he is out at Texas, is that they are about to sign Tony Romo who was cut from the Cowboys today.

I would guess romo will be in Houston or Denver.

Elessar
03-09-2017, 07:38 PM

Romo is as fragile as a crystal oil lamp shade. Without a good offensive line,
he will get clobbered.

jimnyc
03-09-2017, 07:40 PM
Fuck Romo. The Texans are going to piss me off if the sign a Cowb...er... Cowgirl...

Oh man, you guys toss Brock, now imagine you sign Romo to like a $50 million contract and he breaks his spine in the first game? :laugh2:

jimnyc
03-09-2017, 07:41 PM
I would guess romo will be in Houston or Denver.

I'm betting on the Texans, but I also thought they would have done so already, so I don't know.

hjmick
03-09-2017, 07:43 PM
Oh man, you guys toss Brock, now imagine you sign Romo to like a $50 million contract and he breaks his spine in the first game? :laugh2:

Where's that "Fuck You" button when you need it...

jimnyc
03-09-2017, 07:51 PM
Where's that "Fuck You" button when you need it...

Hey, if he can stay healthy, I'd rather have Romo than Brock, but that's just me. I think he was overpaid anyway.

But that's a big IF with Romo, we all know he'll get injured. And if not, he'll lead your team into the playoffs, and then lose. :)

Gunny
03-09-2017, 07:54 PM
Romo is as fragile as a crystal oil lamp shade. Without a good offensive line,
he will get clobbered.

He can't make it WITH the best offensive line in the NFL. SOmeone's wasting some money and Jones as usual is showing his stupidity, I'd keep him as backup. The mentality you can run on one cylinder is just stupid. Especially the way these pantywaists go down nowadays.

hjmick
03-09-2017, 08:01 PM
Hey, if he can stay healthy, I'd rather have Romo than Brock, but that's just me. I think he was overpaid anyway.

But that's a big IF with Romo, we all know he'll get injured. And if not, he'll lead your team into the playoffs, and then lose. :)

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad Asswiper is gone, I just don't want Romo...

jimnyc
03-09-2017, 08:11 PM
Don't get me wrong, I'm glad Asswiper is gone, I just don't want Romo...

And a LOT of jokes to come with him! :coffee:

Just get used to this:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_lBOmS7KJVKQ/TMcC8koI3kI/AAAAAAAAABQ/j1D6e--xvIY/s1600/romo+injury.jpg

Elessar
03-09-2017, 08:12 PM
He can't make it WITH the best offensive line in the NFL. SOmeone's wasting some money and Jones as usual is showing his stupidity, I'd keep him as backup. The mentality you can run on one cylinder is just stupid. Especially the way these pantywaists go down nowadays.

Jones is an idiot. He began the 'fantasy football' trend of choosing bright and shiny things.
His sack of Tom Landry was a sin against the NFL. I am not a Dallas fan, but that turned me
very sour because I love the rivalry.

Gunny
03-09-2017, 09:49 PM
Jones is an idiot. He began the 'fantasy football' trend of choosing bright and shiny things.
His sack of Tom Landry was a sin against the NFL. I am not a Dallas fan, but that turned me
very sour because I love the rivalry.In all honesty, it was time for Landry to go. It's the way Jones did it. Landry found out he'd been fired on TV. That's BS. Jones has been on my sh*t list since then. Then does one thing right ..hires Jimmy Johnson. They could have had a 4-peater at least but he decides it's all about him.

It's football follies to me. What can Jones screw up next? The Cowboys throughout their history have always been successful with a quality backup. When they don;t have one? Oh well.

Black Diamond
03-09-2017, 10:05 PM
And a LOT of jokes to come with him! :coffee:

Just get used to this:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_lBOmS7KJVKQ/TMcC8koI3kI/AAAAAAAAABQ/j1D6e--xvIY/s1600/romo+injury.jpg
Jimmy Johnson curse. Romo will now win MVP. Lol

Gunny
03-09-2017, 10:46 PM

You think that's a curse? Try playing for the Cleveland Browns. Guaranteed knee surgery. How do I want to screw myself up next? Oh, I can sign with th Browns or the LA Clippers. Hope that Obamacare works.

Black Diamond
03-09-2017, 10:55 PM
You think that's a curse? Try playing for the Cleveland Browns. Guaranteed knee surgery. How do I want to screw myself up next? Oh, I can sign with th Browns or the LA Clippers. Hope that Obamacare works.
I don't know why Jerry Jones is in the hall of fame.

Gunny
03-17-2017, 01:41 PM
I don't know why Jerry Jones is in the hall of fame.
He bought it, There's no other reason. He never played in the NFL.

jimnyc
03-17-2017, 01:44 PM
No takers on Adrian Peterson yet. I know he's coming off an injury, but I'll bet anything he comes back and has at least a 1,000 yard season. But yet some teams are paying big money to guys that really don't impress me.

Black Diamond
03-17-2017, 02:01 PM
No takers on Adrian Peterson yet. I know he's coming off an injury, but I'll bet anything he comes back and has at least a 1,000 yard season. But yet some teams are paying big money to guys that really don't impress me.
Someone better take him or he will whip somebody's ass. :cool:

jimnyc
03-17-2017, 02:02 PM

Oh man, that's brutal! :laugh:

hjmick
03-17-2017, 02:13 PM

My mom's husband was part of that Grand Jury...

Gunny
03-17-2017, 02:20 PM
My mom's husband was part of that Grand Jury...

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Hey, I was on a jury a couple of times. So to get into the HOF I have to be on GRAND jury? Damn. There goes MY trophy ...

jimnyc
03-17-2017, 02:20 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5T3HXBYLBVk

Elessar
03-17-2017, 03:40 PM

Johnson could always trade for Kaepernick. That would go over really big in Dallas!:laugh:

Gunny
03-17-2017, 05:02 PM
Johnson could always trade for Kaepernick. That would go over really big in Dallas!:laugh:

Ummm ... do I need to poke you on the shoulder and bring you into the alley? "Pssst (in my best muppet form) . Johnson hasn't been coach of the Cowboys since 93". :laugh:

Haven't won but one championship since then and it was with Johnson's team. Look at all those rings they have since Jones started calling the shots and hung onto Romo.

Black Diamond
03-17-2017, 05:09 PM
Ummm ... do I need to poke you on the shoulder and bring you into the alley? "Pssst (in my best muppet form) . Johnson hasn't been coach of the Cowboys since 93". :laugh:

Haven't won but one championship since then and it was with Johnson's team. Look at all those rings they have since Jones started calling the shots and hung onto Romo.
Firing Jimmy Johnson was like the Red Sox selling Babe Ruth to the Yankees.

Gunny
03-18-2017, 05:54 AM
Firing Jimmy Johnson was like the Red Sox selling Babe Ruth to the Yankees.

Jerry Jones is an idiot. He's in it for the money and he has a captive audience. Ain't a bunch of choices down here. The Cowboys or the Texans. The local teams own the timeslots. That's why no matter who promises what, Jones is going to keep any team out of Texas he can. SA built a domed stadium (ugliest one ever) because Cisneros promised an NFL team. They use it for tractor pulls. They tried to stick the Spurs in there and they said screw this crap. Playing a basketball game in a football stadium don't work.

LA is the same. You're watching the Lakers or no b-ball for you. Live in Miami? You get to see every game the Dolphins lose on channel 4. DC? Washington Foreskins games. However to be fair, you can see most Cowboys/Eagles/Giants games in DC. Live in NM? AFC West or whatever they call it now. Denver, SD. A fate worse than death.

It's all about franchising. Jones is kryptonite to Cowboys fans. He is instrumental in selling a brand. I didn't know he was in the HOF. He totally screwed the NFL in marketing. I'm surprised they'd go for that. Especially for a non-player. He DID change the game. Not for the good of the game, IMHO.