PDA

View Full Version : President Temer Lauds Women's Supermarket Skills on IWD - Viva Brasil!

tailfins
03-10-2017, 12:08 AM
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/world/brazils-president-draws-fire-for-praising-womens-supermarket-skills-on-womens-day/article34246796/

The 76-year-old Mr. Temer was accompanied at the IWD event by his wife, Marcela, 33, a former beauty queen who trained as a lawyer but has been a homemaker since their marriage. Shortly after he became president, she posed for the cover of a national magazine, which featured her with the headline “Beautiful, Modest and At Home”

As Brazilians took to the streets across the country to march for gender equality on International Women’s Day, the country’s President used the occasion to praise women’s ability to spot errors in supermarket prices.
After commending the female ability to keep house and raise children, which he said is “surely” a woman’s responsibility, Michel Temer turned to women’s economic contribution.

Mr. Temer has his defenders. Sheridan Oliveira, a member of Congress from his coalition, spoke up in the lower house in his defence after his speech. “I would like to start by reminding you that a woman’s place is where she wants to be,” she said. “Feminism means even respecting a woman’s right to be a housewife … Since when is the role of the housewife less valued?”

gabosaurus
03-10-2017, 10:54 AM
If Brazil is such a wonderful place, why don't you live there? Other than merely procuring a spouse from there.

tailfins
03-10-2017, 12:10 PM
If Brazil is such a wonderful place, why don't you live there? Other than merely procuring a spouse from there.

There's no need, there are plenty of Latino places right here in the USA. However, we once tried living in a place with no substantial Latino population (Tennessee) and my wife was miserable. You may remember that when I first joined this message board, I lived in Massachusetts. Consoling my wife played a major role in moving to Massachusetts because Framingham is the most Brazilianized city in USA. I remember back in Florida that my wife so angered an "empowering feminist" that she was physically attacked. My wife came home crying and I promptly filed criminal charges. Remember: the only thing that you should hit a woman with is criminal charges or a lawsuit. The nice thing about criminal charges is that they don't heal like a physical attack.

gabosaurus
03-10-2017, 06:37 PM
tailfins, please read "The Handmaid's Tale." You will enjoy it. You will wish you lived there.