PDA

View Full Version : "boy" and "girl" might be offensive?

jimnyc
03-10-2017, 07:02 AM
The political correctness BS still infects our society, and is still spreading. More reasons for folks to get offended by nothing.

-----

Air Force Says Words Like ‘Boy’ & ‘Girl’ Could be Offensive

The Air Force fears that words like boy, girl, colonial and blacklist might offend people, according to an email sent to Airmen at Joint Base San Antonio.

An outraged Airman sent me a copy of the email – as evidence the military is still infected with Obama-era political correctness.

The email included an attachment that listed a number of words and phrases that might be construed as offensive.

Now, to be fair there were some legitimately offensive and racially charged words and phrases on the list. But also included on the list were the words boy and girl.

The email was written by a senior Air Force leader and was sent to an untold number of personnel at Lackland Air Force Base.

Airmen were advised to study a list of words and phrases that “may be construed offensive.”

Here’s a partial list of the dubious words and phrases deemed troublesome by the Air Force:

1. Boy

2. Girl

3. You People

4. Colonial

5. Blacklist

6. Blackmail

7. Blackball

8. Sounds Greek to me

9. Blondes have more fun

10. Too many chiefs, not enough Indians

Rest here - https://townhall.com/columnists/toddstarnes/2017/03/09/exclusive-air-force-says-words-like-boy--girl-could-be-offensive-n2296675

Balu
03-10-2017, 07:11 AM
It looks as if they have gone crazy!

Little-Acorn
03-10-2017, 12:26 PM
To chronic whiners who are desperately searching for things to be offended by, of course those words "might" be "offensive".

And if those words weren't, they would keep searching until they found others, and call those "offensive".

Why do we pay any attention to what those chronic whiners say?

Elessar
03-10-2017, 02:40 PM
The political correctness BS still infects our society, and is still spreading. More reasons for folks to get offended by nothing.

-----

Pretty frikkin' Stupid!

aboutime
03-10-2017, 05:44 PM

-----

The Air Force fears that words like boy, girl, colonial and blacklist might offend people, according to an email sent to Airmen at Joint Base San Antonio.

An outraged Airman sent me a copy of the email – as evidence the military is still infected with Obama-era political correctness.

The email included an attachment that listed a number of words and phrases that might be construed as offensive.

Now, to be fair there were some legitimately offensive and racially charged words and phrases on the list. But also included on the list were the words boy and girl.

The email was written by a senior Air Force leader and was sent to an untold number of personnel at Lackland Air Force Base.

Airmen were advised to study a list of words and phrases that “may be construed offensive.”

Here’s a partial list of the dubious words and phrases deemed troublesome by the Air Force:

1. Boy

2. Girl

3. You People

4. Colonial

5. Blacklist

6. Blackmail

7. Blackball

8. Sounds Greek to me

9. Blondes have more fun

Rest here - https://townhall.com/columnists/toddstarnes/2017/03/09/exclusive-air-force-says-words-like-boy--girl-could-be-offensive-n2296675

Jim. Not just the Air Force. All of the services have been turned into Politically Correct zones of Ignorance to appease everyone, and never offend...EVEN OUR ENEMIES.
I lay all of what is taking place to DESTROY our military on OBAMA, and the Liberal, Leftist, Democrat Political Correctness whiners who have found an easy way to BLAME EVERYBODY they disagree with, don't like, or those who refuse to FALL FOR THEIR BS.

This reminded me of Monday, when all those women picketed, and demonstrated, taking off from work, and schools to BE HEARD.
Which also makes me ask GABBY...right here, right now.

TELL US WHAT FREEDOMS, and LIBERTIES you have lost????

If gabby can honestly tell us the answer to that. I will happily listen.

As for our military. What is happening in the Marines, with all those NUDE photos being spread around....IS MERELY THE PRODUCT OF A WUSSY MENTALITY Obama wanted. Now the AIR FORCE is a by-product of P.C.

hjmick
03-10-2017, 05:55 PM

-----

1. Boy

2. Girl

3. You People

4. Colonial

5. Blacklist

6. Blackmail

7. Blackball

8. Sounds Greek to me

9. Blondes have more fun

Shit like this always reminds of this:

A special meeting about Dallas County traffic tickets turned tense and bizarre this afternoon.

County commissioners were discussing problems with the central collections office that is used to process traffic ticket payments and handle other paperwork normally done by the JP Courts.

Commissioner Kenneth Mayfield, who is white, said it seemed that central collections "has become a black hole" because paperwork reportedly has become lost in the office.

Commissioner John Wiley Price, who is black, interrupted him with a loud "Excuse me!" He then corrected his colleague, saying the office has become a "white hole."

That prompted Judge Thomas Jones, who is black, to demand an apology from Mayfield for his racially insensitive analogy.

Mayfield shot back that it was a figure of speech and a science term. A black hole, according to Webster's, is perhaps "the invisible remains of a collapsed star, with an intense gravitational field from which neither light nor matter can escape."

Other county officials quickly interceded to break it up and get the meeting back on track. TV news cameras were rolling, after all.

Dallas County officials spar over 'black hole' comment (http://www.dallasnews.com/news/dallas-city-hall/2008/07/07/dallas-county-meeting-turns-ra)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oc1zGRUPztc

gabosaurus
03-10-2017, 06:25 PM
Even for me, the world is getting too PC. I once had a student ask me when the schools were going to stop using gender-specific words. I replied that we will cease when women stop producing gender-specific babies. :cool:

Abbey Marie
03-10-2017, 08:08 PM
These folks are winning the battles, but losing the war.