PDA

View Full Version : Daylight losing

jimnyc
03-10-2017, 10:21 AM
That's right, Saturday night into Sunday you will be losing an hour of sleep, or an hour at the bar. :)

Kathianne
03-10-2017, 10:26 AM
That's right, Saturday night into Sunday you will be losing an hour of sleep, or an hour at the bar. :)

It's not just our weather that's different, no DST here. Which means now there will be 2 hours difference between family and 3 hours for you all in the East.

jimnyc
03-10-2017, 10:30 AM
It's not just our weather that's different, no DST here. Which means now there will be 2 hours difference between family and 3 hours for you all in the East.

I'm not going to admit that I didn't know that, and look like a dummy. :(

Gunny
03-10-2017, 10:35 AM

Only thing that matters to me is I have to change my dang watch. I STILL want that old school aviator's watch the dude from Pawn Stars pimps. Otherwise, I won't be missing any sleep. What do you think I do for a living?

More importantly, I got to figure out how to get some flowers and candy. Tomorrow's the baby girl's 32nd birthday. I was like 32? WTF? I used to hold her in the palm of my hand. I DID already buy her dinner. :)

Kathianne
03-10-2017, 10:37 AM

I wish AZ followed the rest of the country. 2 hours can really screw up phone use, obviously it's also weird when traveling.

NV does go on DST, thus the screw up when meeting my kids at the Grand Canyon, when they were coming from NV and I from AZ.

Gunny
03-10-2017, 11:28 AM
I wish AZ followed the rest of the country. 2 hours can really screw up phone use, obviously it's also weird when traveling.

NV does go on DST, thus the screw up when meeting my kids at the Grand Canyon, when they were coming from NV and I from AZ.

If you want a real trip try NM. I never knew what time it was there. :laugh:

Abbey Marie
03-10-2017, 01:09 PM
I don't care about losing an hour's sleep. What I don't like is that it means kids out later making noise in front of our house. I think I was born to live in the woods. Or maybe a cave, lol.

Gunny
03-10-2017, 01:18 PM
I don't care about losing an hour's sleep. What I don't like is that it means kids out later making noise in front of our house. I think I was born to live in the woods. Or maybe a cave, lol.

An hour? Might want to check your schedule. Next week is Spring Break here. Rugrats 24-7. Where's that cave?

Abbey Marie
03-10-2017, 01:50 PM
An hour? Might want to check your schedule. Next week is Spring Break here. Rugrats 24-7. Where's that cave?

Lol, don't torture me! Then there's summer and they are out there for more than two months straight. Between that and the high heat, any wonder I dread summer?

NightTrain, get ready, I'm coming up there! Just stick me in your cabin with some books and wine.

And WiFi, lol.

Gunny
03-10-2017, 02:02 PM
Lol, don't torture me! Then there's summer and they are out there for more than two months straight. Between that and the high heat, any wonder I dread summer?

NightTrain, get ready, I'm coming up there! Just stick me in your cabin with some books and wine.

And WiFi, lol.
Ride? You don't know what heat is. I think I've had on long pants about 3 times this "winter". Then I started remembering what summer's like around here. I won't even be able to go outside in the afternoon.

I've turned into my grandfather.:slap:

Kathianne
03-11-2017, 12:00 PM

Just ran across this on FB:

http://www.abc15.com/news/state/daylight-saving-time-spring-2016-why-arizona-doesnt-observe-daylight-saving

It means the state is in the same time zone as Denver from November to March, but then falls behind Denver to Los Angeles time from March to November.

Why doesn't Arizona change? It has a lot to do with the weather.

According to an Arizona Republic editorial from 1969, the reason was the state's extreme heat. If Arizona were to observe Daylight Saving Time, the sun would stay out until 9 p.m. in the summer (instead of 8 p.m., like it does currently).

"[Data] clearly show that we must wait until about 9 p.m. DST to start any night-time activity such as drive-in movies, moonlight rides, convincing little children it’s bedtime, etc," the editorial stated. "And it’s still hot as blazes!"

Another Arizona Republic editorial from 1968 stated, "Drive-in theaters, the parents of small children, the bars, the farmers and those who do business with California" were against Daylight Saving time while "power companies, the evening golfers, the late risers, and the people with business interests on the Eastern seaboard" were for it.

But don't be fooled by Arizona's DST stance. Not every corner of Arizona is exempt from Daylight Saving Time today.

The Navajo Indian Reservation follows DST, but the reservation stretches across four different states.

If all of Arizona were to re-evaluate its stance and choose to observe DST, here's what would change.

Instead of sunrise at 5:30 a.m. during most of the summer, the sun would come up at 6:30 a.m. And at the end of the day, the sun would set at 9 p.m. instead of 8 p.m. Winter sunrise and sunset times would remain the same.

darin
03-13-2017, 03:55 AM
am now only 5hrs ahead of you east coast folks :)

Balu
03-13-2017, 07:46 AM
am now only 5hrs ahead of you east coast folks :)
The sun is always over Russia. (the blue dream of Brits) When there is a sunset in the West, it's already dawn in the East. http://s19.rimg.info/aee19e2775457d135efdf745e7d94e15.gif (http://smayliki.ru/smilie-1224821991.html)

darin
03-13-2017, 08:13 AM
The sun is always over Russia. (the blue dream of Brits) When there is a sunset in the West, it's already dawn in the East. http://s19.rimg.info/aee19e2775457d135efdf745e7d94e15.gif (http://smayliki.ru/smilie-1224821991.html)

Only when chatting with you or my step-sister do I ever feel like I live in the "West" :)

Balu
03-13-2017, 08:44 AM
Only when chatting with you or my step-sister do I ever feel like I live in the "West" :)
It means that in all other cases you feel like finding yourself in Oriental World? :laugh: :slap: