PDA

View Full Version : Good News For US/AK Not So Much For ME

Kathianne
03-11-2017, 02:39 PM
More oil found:

http://money.cnn.com/2017/03/10/investing/alaska-oil-discovery-repsol-spain/index.html

Massive oil discovery in Alaska is biggest onshore find in 30 years

by Matt Egan (http://money.cnn.com/author/matt-egan/index.html)

Some 1.2 billion barrels of oil have been discovered in Alaska, marking the biggest onshore discovery in the U.S. in three decades.

"The interesting thing about this discovery is the North Slope was previously thought to be on its last legs. But this is a significant emerging find," Repsol spokesman Kristian Rix told CNNMoney.

Of course, this news won't ease rising concern among investors about the stubborn glut of oil in the U.S. There are increasing signs that shale oil producers (http://money.cnn.com/2017/01/19/news/economy/us-oil-shale-iea/index.html?iid=EL) are preparing to ramp up output after surviving a two-year price war with OPEC (http://money.cnn.com/2016/12/01/investing/opec-surrender-us-shale-oil/index.html?iid=EL).

Balu
03-11-2017, 02:56 PM
More oil found:

Some 1.2 billion barrels of oil have been discovered in Alaska, marking the biggest onshore discovery in the U.S. in three decades.

Sounds fine. The rest is to calculate the manufacturing costs and estimate the existing infrastructure, the costs of it development, maintenance and logistic and finally calculate the price of 1 barrel of crude oil.

Kathianne
03-11-2017, 03:18 PM
Sounds fine. The rest is to calculate the manufacturing costs and estimate the existing infrastructure, the costs of it development, maintenance and logistic and finally calculate the price of 1 barrel of crude oil.
Article pointed out that it's right by oil transport that is under utilized. Should be online very quickly. I'm sure Russia will be thrilled.

NightTrain
03-11-2017, 04:54 PM
Yeah, it's right next to Prudhoe Bay and can easily be fitted into the existing Alaska Pipeline down to Valdez.

We need it, we're running a billion dollar deficit right now and 120,000 barrels per day addition will help out.

Balu
03-11-2017, 04:59 PM
Yeah, it's right next to Prudhoe Bay and can easily be fitted into the existing Alaska Pipeline down to Valdez.

We need it, we're running a billion dollar deficit right now and 120,000 barrels per day addition will help out.
I spoke about COSTS and nothing more yet. :slap:

NightTrain
03-11-2017, 05:06 PM
I spoke about COSTS and nothing more yet. :slap:

It's the equivalent of a Money Printing Press. The infrastructure is already nearby so just the wells & short bullet pipeline to the main AK Pipeline will need to be constructed.

Small potatoes when this monster field is brought online.

Also, this will help my Permanent Fund nicely! :thumb:

Balu
03-11-2017, 07:14 PM
It's the equivalent of a Money Printing Press. The infrastructure is already nearby so just the wells & short bullet pipeline to the main AK Pipeline will need to be constructed.

Small potatoes when this monster field is brought online.

Also, this will help my Permanent Fund nicely! :thumb:

I wish you good luck.
But permafrost always introduces its own corrections.

Kathianne
03-11-2017, 07:31 PM
I wish you good luck.
But permafrost always introduces its own corrections.
LOL! They've been transporting oil via pipelines from there for many years. Got it now? The infrastructure is in place.

Balu
03-11-2017, 07:56 PM
LOL! They've been transporting oil via pipelines from there for many years. Got it now? The infrastructure is in place.
Well... How to explain it to you the most simple way...
I'll try. To carry a package of pizza a scooter may be enough. To carry 10,000 cubic meters of timber it may be not sufficient.
Besides, it is not comfortable to live at areas of new oil fields in tourist tents.

Kathianne
03-11-2017, 08:03 PM
Well... How to explain it to you the most simple way...
I'll try. To carry a package of pizza a scooter may be enough. To carry 10,000 cubic meters of timber it may be not sufficient.
Besides, it is not comfortable to live at areas of new oil fields in tourist tents.

Your being oppositional, I don't think it's language or not understanding the geography or demographics of AK. The infrastructure is there to transport via pipeline in existence, to refineries. The people living there are used to living by oil fields, it's mostly how they've made their livings. Thus they already have many workers in place, new folks will obviously be brought in for such a large project.

Balu
03-11-2017, 08:33 PM
Your being oppositional, I don't think it's language or not understanding the geography or demographics of AK. The infrastructure is there to transport via pipeline in existence, to refineries. The people living there are used to living by oil fields, it's mostly how they've made their livings. Thus they already have many workers in place, new folks will obviously be brought in for such a large project.
It seems that there are the things you don't keep in mind. To INCREASE the piped quantities you must have the increased capacities, the additional energy supply, accommodation for the personnel etc., etc., etc. All these cost money. This is handed over to the manufacturing costs and to the final price of the crude oil. And don't forget the climate conditions in Alaska differs from those in Texas.
That's why I am speaking about the COSTS and wish a good luck.
The project may be capital-intensive and it is not so easy as it may seem to you.

Kathianne
03-11-2017, 08:37 PM
It seems that there are the things you don't keep in mind. To INCREASE the piped quantities you must have the increased capacities, the additional energy supply, accommodation for the personnel etc., etc., etc. All these cost money. This is handed over to the manufacturing costs and to the final price of the crude oil. And don't forget the climate conditions in Alaska differs from those in Texas.
That's why I am speaking about the COSTS and wish a good luck.
The project may be capital-intensive and it is not so easy as it may seem to you.
The beauty of capitalism, there's a company there that was exploring and now is celebrating, thus the coverage. They will pay what it costs, then reap the profits. More jobs and taxes for AK, which at NT mentioned, they need.

Balu
03-11-2017, 08:53 PM
The beauty of capitalism, there's a company there that was exploring and now is celebrating, thus the coverage. They will pay what it costs, then reap the profits. More jobs and taxes for AK, which at NT mentioned, they need.

You make me laughing if you suppose that I don't know what capitalism is, ALL it's advantages and disadvantages. Bear in mind that one of my high educations is in a field of economy and I started my work namely in oil and gas business, when I myself visited oil and gas fields in Siberia and know 'what is what'. Therefore, I can rightly say - Where you study, I lecture. http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/he_and_she/give_rose.gif

Kathianne
03-11-2017, 09:02 PM
You make me laughing if you suppose that I don't know what capitalism is, ALL it's advantages and disadvantages. Bear in mind that one of my high educations is in a field of economy and I started my work namely in oil and gas business, when I myself visited oil and gas fields in Siberia and know 'what is what'. Therefore, I can rightly say - Where you study, I lecture. http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/he_and_she/give_rose.gif

You haven't a clue to my education, which isn't necessary. Perhaps you and your buddy Tailfins can start your own board?

All your previous posts then were on what? Oh yea, just nonsense.

Balu
03-11-2017, 09:56 PM
You haven't a clue to my education, which isn't necessary. Perhaps you and your buddy Tailfins can start your own board?

All your previous posts then were on what? Oh yea, just nonsense.

You are mistaken. You just do not know that the manner of asking questions, accenting, the degree of understanding, all these give very accurate information about the level of the awareness of a person in this or that question. That's why 2 posts of Gunny were enough to determine what his rank was. His further posts only strengthened my assurance. http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/he_and_she/give_rose.gif

gabosaurus
03-12-2017, 12:36 AM

With oil prices at record lows, do we really need more production?

Elessar
03-12-2017, 01:57 AM
Maintain supply. It is as simple as that.

Balu, don't get in over your head. NT lives there.

Balu
03-12-2017, 08:38 AM
Maintain supply. It is as simple as that.

Balu, don't get in over your head. NT lives there.
I don't. :slap:
These are only thoughts aloud. All these projects are very complicated from technical and even social points of view and cause the appearance of problems in a chain - from amounting additional high voltage electricity lines till construction of extra hospitals and polyclinics.