PDA

View Full Version : Jeff, This Is For You

Kathianne
03-11-2017, 10:47 PM
Couldn't decide if I should post this here or in military. Decided here would be best, for it was the bikers that carried it off:

http://blog.theveteranssite.com/motorcycle-transport/?utm_source=vet-troops&utm_medium=social-fb&utm_term=20170311&utm_content=link&utm_campaign=motorcycle-transport&origin=vet_troops_social_fb_link_motorcycle-transport_20170311

Balu
03-11-2017, 11:09 PM
I admire these bikers! :clap:http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/personal/hi.gif

Elessar
03-12-2017, 02:00 AM
One word: Marvelous!

Gunny
03-12-2017, 03:21 AM
One word: Marvelous!

Just fuck. I knew him. The Gunny's actually got tears in his eyes. :saluting2: Go with God, Staff Sergeant. And my personal thanks to everyone that took care of him.

Gunny
03-12-2017, 03:33 AM
Jeff thank your biker buddies for me.

Jeff
03-12-2017, 06:34 AM
@Jeff (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=1539) thank your biker buddies for me.
Done

Thank you to this Marine and all who have served currently are or will, each and everyone is a hero in one way or another.

Bikers do a lot of good, from supporting our military to toy runs for children, it's a real shame all ya ever hear about is the 1% that are doing something wrong. Last ride I rode on was for soldiers with PTSD , we raised a good bit of money and not one word in the paper. But we don't do it to look good we do it to help.
Even your biggest outlaw clubs started do to the brotherhood they found over seas . These men came home and missed it, so they started clubs, so needless to say the military is something very important to any real biker.

Gunny
03-12-2017, 08:32 AM
Done

Thank you to this Marine and all who have served currently are or will, each and everyone is a hero in one way or another.

Bikers do a lot of good, from supporting our military to toy runs for children, it's a real shame all ya ever hear about is the 1% that are doing something wrong. Last ride I rode on was for soldiers with PTSD , we raised a good bit of money and not one word in the paper. But we don't do it to look good we do it to help.
Even your biggest outlaw clubs started do to the brotherhood they found over seas . These men came home and missed it, so they started clubs, so needless to say the military is something very important to any real biker.

I do NOT hold that opinion of bikers. One of my first jobs was in a biker bar. Y'all are just good old boys to me. But yes, bikers get a bad rap. all anyone thinks is Hell Angels or Outlaws and gang wars. And I totally know where you're coming from. All Marines do is kill people and burn their villages. You never hear about the humanitarian assist missions nor Toys for Tots. We are all defined by what we call in the Corps "that 10%".

I still remember one group of bikers blockading Fred Phelps out of a military funeral. It's like the MSM hates anything good.

Elessar
03-12-2017, 11:58 AM
Gunny....so few know the humanitarian missions our DOD forces carry on.

It is a shame that the news does not promote this.

Gunny
03-12-2017, 12:35 PM
Gunny....so few know the humanitarian missions our DOD forces carry on.

It is a shame that the news does not promote this.

You wouldn't want us to look good, would you? I remeber the doc in tears because it was time to leave and he wasn't done. Col H told the Captain FU, We're staying until the job's done.

I knew this dude when he was a dumbass Lance Corporal. I can't believe after all this time he's gone. I should have been there to save him.

Elessar
03-12-2017, 06:24 PM
You wouldn't want us to look good, would you? I remeber the doc in tears because it was time to leave and he wasn't done. Col H told the Captain FU, We're staying until the job's done.

I knew this dude when he was a dumbass Lance Corporal. I can't believe after all this time he's gone. I should have been there to save him.

Don't be silly. You cannot be everywhere. Savor the memory.

Gunny
03-12-2017, 08:21 PM
Don't be silly. You cannot be everywhere. Savor the memory.

Instinct. I never considered me important bailing someone else out. And I DO take it personally when it's someone I know.

Abbey Marie
03-12-2017, 08:26 PM
What a wonderful story.

And I feel pretty sure that several guys on this board would give someone in need the shirt off their back, too.

Balu
03-12-2017, 08:59 PM
What a wonderful story.

And I feel pretty sure that several guys on this board would give someone in need the shirt off their back, too.

It is very pleasant thing that such people exist. They surely may be proud of. Their values are not false. :clap:

Gunny
03-13-2017, 05:05 AM
What a wonderful story.

Abbey It doesn't take a uniform to make a man, or woman. What's inside is what counts. I think y'all think us vets shut you out, but look at it the other way around ... we hardly ever know what y'all are talking about. And we speak our own language and understand what the other is talking about. And the day I understand girls I'm writing a book!:laugh: #1 Bestseller. :laugh:

I think some people SHOULD lighten up on here. I just don't like to tell people what to think. My opinion? The Marine Corps should have take care of their own. I don't know the circumstances. One thing I did note was that the Corps has what is called term limits. You can't get past 20 as a SSgt. This dude was pushing 30 years. Either they changed the rules or something's wrong in Denmark. I had to formally turn down promotion to 1stShirt to retire which meant I could go 23 years tops. I could go 27 max as a 1stSHirt. Not about me. Just an observation of the rules.

Any way you look at it ...

"When I get to Heaven to St Peter I will tell, Another Marine reporting Sir, I served my time in Hell."