PDA

View Full Version : Blizzard

jimnyc
03-13-2017, 03:04 PM
Snow starting like 2am or so, supposed to get anywhere from 12-24 inches, maybe more. :(

Gunny
03-13-2017, 03:24 PM
Snow starting like 2am or so, supposed to get anywhere from 12-24 inches, maybe more. :(

I feel real bad for you sitting here in my camo shorts and Wolverine tee, Hope it don't hurt.:laugh2:

Abbey Marie
03-13-2017, 03:46 PM
Last I heard here, 8-12. I get to have my guy working from home, and it will be beautiful, so I'm happy. Thank God for snow blowers, though.

Kathianne
03-13-2017, 03:49 PM
I'm not going to talk about our weather. ;) Going to check on the old home, they were getting hit this morning, tapering off tomorrow. Not what you guys are getting though!

Abbey Marie
03-13-2017, 04:19 PM
Oops, make that 12-16.

pete311
03-13-2017, 04:37 PM
I've shoveled 3 times today

Gunny
03-13-2017, 04:48 PM

You must be young. That's a lot. Don't kill yourself, dude. I won't have anyone to argue with, :laugh: Seriously, be careful. Pete.

Elessar
03-13-2017, 05:28 PM
I feel real bad for you sitting here in my camo shorts and Wolverine tee, Hope it don't hurt.:laugh2:

What a turd you can be!:laugh:

Elessar
03-13-2017, 05:29 PM

Getting hit up there hard. Be safe, Pete!

Kathianne
03-13-2017, 05:36 PM
Oops, make that 12-16.
Enjoy!

Elessar
03-13-2017, 05:40 PM
I used to sweep and shovel wearing moccasins, cut-offs, and a T-shirt unless it was a foot or more.
I sweat like a pig when exerting!:laugh:

Gunny
03-13-2017, 05:48 PM
What a turd you can be!:laugh:

I like Pete and I want him to be careful. You can die from that crap. If I sound like a Marine? Well guess WTF? Wonder how the Hell THAT happened?

Elessar
03-13-2017, 05:51 PM
I like Pete and I want him to be careful. You can die from that crap. If I sound like a Marine? Well guess WTF? Wonder how the Hell THAT happened?

Ohhh....I haven't got a clue:laugh2:

Hell of a bit of exercise if the snow is wet and heavy.
Then I would go down the hill and do my Grandparents walks and steps.
Granddad had no business tackling it.

CSM
03-14-2017, 06:42 AM
Well, it's coming down pretty good right now. This is gonna suck!

Gunny
03-14-2017, 09:30 AM
Well, it's coming down pretty good right now. This is gonna suck!

All due respect, Sergeant Major, you need to just stay the F inside. Ride it out. Assess the damage. Hire the local enterprising young teens to clean it up. If I had to shovel snow right now? I'd probably sit on the porch with a cup of coffee and glance at the shovel every once in awhile.:laugh:

Abbey Marie
03-14-2017, 10:29 AM
So far, yet another prediction that fizzled. I think we've gotten about 2" so far. And not much more actual snow in the forecast.

Are these forecasters lying to drum up ratings, or is the technology that bad?

Gunny
03-14-2017, 10:42 AM
[QUOTE=Abbey;859944]So far, yet another prediction that fizzled. I think we've gotten about 2" so far. And not much more actual snow in the forecast.

Are these forecasters lying to drum up ratings,or is the technology that bad?[/QUOTE

I always wanted to be a weather forecaster. "Well it might ran. Then again it might not. " Hell of a job. I can be wrong all the time.:laugh:

Black Diamond
03-14-2017, 02:06 PM
All due respect, Sergeant Major, you need to just stay the F inside. Ride it out. Assess the damage. Hire the local enterprising young teens to clean it up. If I had to shovel snow right now? I'd probably sit on the porch with a cup of coffee and glance at the shovel every once in awhile.:laugh:
Oxymoron.

jimnyc
03-14-2017, 02:07 PM
The so called blizzard kinda fizzled here too. I woke up to like 7 or 8 inches if I had to guess and did some shoveling while it was still flurrying. Then it turned into sleet and now back to some more snow. I don't want to shovel but I'm afraid if I don't it will turn into a foot of ice in my driveway and I'll never get out!

Black Diamond
03-14-2017, 02:07 PM
The so called blizzard kinda fizzled here too. I woke up to like 7 or 8 inches if I had to guess and did some shoveling while it was still flurrying. Then it turned into sleet and now back to some more snow. I don't want to shovel but I'm afraid if I don't it will turn into a foot of ice in my driveway and I'll never get out!
Global warming weakened it.

jimnyc
03-14-2017, 02:08 PM

And what's it, like 20 below where you're at too? :laugh:

I want to convince the woman to move to Cali, but am afraid of the big quake. But I want to go to a snow free place, somewhere where it can be like 70 all year round.

Elessar
03-14-2017, 03:30 PM
And what's it, like 20 below where you're at too? :laugh:

I want to convince the woman to move to Cali, but am afraid of the big quake. But I want to go to a snow free place, somewhere where it can be like 70 all year round.

Victorville or Apple Valley in CA, but brush up on your Spanish.

Gunny
03-14-2017, 04:30 PM
Victorville or Apple Valley in CA, but brush up on your Spanish.

Are you kidding? Jim in Victorville? CT Yankee in King Arthur's Court?:laugh:

Elessar
03-14-2017, 06:26 PM
Are you kidding? Jim in Victorville? CT Yankee in King Arthur's Court?:laugh:

It might be amusing though. Could always try Barstow or Bend Oregon.

Gunny
03-14-2017, 06:46 PM
It might be amusing though. Could always try Barstow or Bend Oregon.

Right. Jim living in Barstow. You DO realize he's a total Yankee, right? Him n the SoCal desert? Ain't seeing it. :laugh:

Elessar
03-14-2017, 06:55 PM
Right. Jim living in Barstow. You DO realize he's a total Yankee, right? Him n the SoCal desert? Ain't seeing it. :laugh:

HUGE learning curve! No grass to mow, but lots of rattlers and scorpions!:laugh:

jimnyc
03-14-2017, 07:00 PM

I'm no "yankee" and I can overcome and adapt. :) I'm only a yankee based on location, but far from someone who fits in here up north. I'm no more a yankee than you are a hillbilly redneck.

But agreed my ass won't be living in ANY desert area! I want no more snow. I want it to hopefully not go below 40 in the winter, even higher if possible. I'd like the rest of the year to be like 70-75. I'd like an area that affords me more privacy than I get in the suburban new york area, but I still need to be within striking distance of civilization. Somewhere near water would be a bonus. Oh, and it can go above 75, well above if it need be, I'll just try to hibernate when too too hot.

I love the way California looks from a distance. I know there are a few areas that even fit the majority of my criteria. But I know the day after I moved there the "big one" would hit. And besides that, something just rubs me wrong about Cali. I'm sure it wouldn't have anything to do with being infected with liberals. :dunno:

Elessar
03-14-2017, 07:05 PM
Rural areas are not that bad being infected with liberals.

I'd suggest Lake County CA. Close to Santa Rosa, Redding, or Red bluff. Rarely snows there except on the higher
ridges. Good, clean air too.

jimnyc
03-14-2017, 07:28 PM
Rural areas are not that bad being infected with liberals.

I'd suggest Lake County CA. Close to Santa Rosa, Redding, or Red bluff. Rarely snows there except on the higher
ridges. Good, clean air too.

That's what I told the woman, to find something more rural. Of course 'rural & water' likely means $$$.

But if you think I have concerns about Cali, you should hear her! You would think I'm trying to convince her to move to Mars!! She truly thinks the liberalism is contagious out there and doesn't want to take chances. :laugh:

I bet if I could get her to vacation in some areas she may change her tune though. Other than that, I suppose it leaves us with most of the southern states along from Florida over to Cali. I'm hating Florida more and more, not sure why. I guess it's because that's where the rest of the yankees go! LOL That, and my experiences have been HOT during the summers.

Gunny
03-14-2017, 09:02 PM
I'm no "yankee" and I can overcome and adapt. :) I'm only a yankee based on location, but far from someone who fits in here up north. I'm no more a yankee than you are a hillbilly redneck.

But agreed my ass won't be living in ANY desert area! I want no more snow. I want it to hopefully not go below 40 in the winter, even higher if possible. I'd like the rest of the year to be like 70-75. I'd like an area that affords me more privacy than I get in the suburban new york area, but I still need to be within striking distance of civilization. Somewhere near water would be a bonus. Oh, and it can go above 75, well above if it need be, I'll just try to hibernate when too too hot.

I love the way California looks from a distance. I know there are a few areas that even fit the majority of my criteria. But I know the day after I moved there the "big one" would hit. And besides that, something just rubs me wrong about Cali. I'm sure it wouldn't have anything to do with being infected with liberals. :dunno:

For the purpose of this discussion I meant "Yankee" based on location. I can tell you for a fact. at your age, Barstow ain't the place for you. !20 degrees during the day. Nothing but sand for a yard. It's in the Hi Desert in Southern California. About 50 miles from where I was stationed for 4 years. It ain't a place you want to go.

As far as politically? All rednecks. CA is defined by the media for the people that live on the coast.Living inland in the desert is a whole different world. And we lived on the right side of the San Andreas crack. All we'd lose are the people on the left side of the crack. You know we were just stressing our asses off over THAT. :)

Abbey Marie
03-14-2017, 11:40 PM
That's what I told the woman, to find something more rural. Of course 'rural & water' likely means $$$.

But if you think I have concerns about Cali, you should hear her! You would think I'm trying to convince her to move to Mars!! She truly thinks the liberalism is contagious out there and doesn't want to take chances. :laugh:

I bet if I could get her to vacation in some areas she may change her tune though. Other than that, I suppose it leaves us with most of the southern states along from Florida over to Cali. I'm hating Florida more and more, not sure why. I guess it's because that's where the rest of the yankees go! LOL That, and my experiences have been HOT during the summers.

Well, we only ended up with 4-5 inches here in Delaware. And property is relatively cheap.

Gunny
03-15-2017, 05:36 AM
Well, we only ended up with 4-5 inches here in Delaware. And property is relatively cheap.I know how to drive in snow. HOWEVER ... 4-5 inches will shut San Antonio completely down and the sides of the roads will be lined with idotmobiles.:laugh: Especially nice when we ice and the boneheads think "I got 4 wheel drive". Great. So you can spin around and slide on 4 tires instead of 2. Hell thdy can't even drive in the rain around here. Well, they can't really drive worth crap around here period. But give us some snow? Ice follies.:laugh2: