PDA

View Full Version : Trump Administration Mulls UN Funding Cuts

jimnyc
03-14-2017, 02:35 PM
And I hope they do make the cuts, and then maybe us that money for Veterans?

-----

Trump Administration Mulls UN Funding Cuts

(CNSNews.com) – With the Trump administration looking at ways to reduce U.S. contributions to the United Nations, the approximately $2.4 billion of taxpayers’ money that goes towards peacekeeping missions each year is in the spotlight.

The U.S. is liable for 28.57 percent of the total budget for global peacekeeping missions. The Obama administration’s request for FY2017 was $2.394 billion.

The FY2016 U.S. funding estimate was $2.460 billion.

The next biggest contributors in 2016 were China (10.29 percent), Japan (9.68 percent) and Germany (6.39 percent). At the other end of the scale, more than 70 U.N. member-states contributed 0.001 percent or less.

Some of the current 16 missions around the world, comprising more than 125,000 personnel today, have been in existence for well over half a century, while the newest – in the Central African Republic – is just three years old.

Nine of the 16 missions are in Africa, three are in the Middle East, two are in Europe, with Asia and the Western Hemisphere accounting for one each.

Rest here - http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/patrick-goodenough/24-billion-peacekeeping-trump-administration-mulls-un-funding-cuts

Black Diamond
03-14-2017, 02:42 PM
I certainly don't want to answer to the UN when it comes to our defense.

Elessar
03-14-2017, 06:31 PM
USA pays far too much to the UN, plus housing the offices on our soil.
Then give them 'diplomatic immunity' to break traffic and parking laws.

Some of these nations need to pony up and add to the kitty instead of depending
on the 'good old USA' to foot over 1/4 of the damn bill.

Elessar
03-14-2017, 06:33 PM
I certainly don't want to answer to the UN when it comes to our defense.

I don't want to see blue helmets or berets on our streets unless it is a parade.

Our forces, all of them, refuse to wear the blue.