PDA

View Full Version : Use Money From Drug Seizures to Pay For Wall

jimnyc
03-14-2017, 07:20 PM
If the figures add up, this is an excellent idea.

---

Rep. Sensenbrenner: Use Money From Drug Seizures to Pay For Wall

Republican Rep. Jim Sensenbrenner said "bad Mexicans" from drug cartels should foot the bill for the wall along the U.S.-Mexican border, the Washington Examiner reports.

"Having the money seized from Mexican drug cartels would mean that the bad Mexicans end up paying for the wall, and the bad Mexicans have been terrorizing the good Mexicans with crimes and kidnappings and murders within Mexico itself," the House Judiciary Committee member said.

"Saying that we're going to have the Mexican drug cartels end up paying for the wall, that very well may be something that is powerful enough to get the institutional inertia in the Senate overcome."

President Donald Trump ordered the construction of the border wall five days after his inauguration, a move criticized by the Mexican government and many Democrats.

Sensenbrenner said he wanted Attorney General Jeff Sessions to review how much money the government confiscates from Mexican drug cartels every year, and that he would propose legislation requiring him to do so. Citing DEA numbers, the Wisconsin Republican said the DEA seizes between $19 billion to $29 billion a year from drug cartels.

"We don't have to be 100 percent efficient to get the money we need to pay for the wall relatively quickly," he added.

"You've got a choice of civil asset forfeiture, increasing the deficit or raising taxes on the American people [for funding the wall]. I think that given the choice of three alternatives of how to pay for it, it's easy to sell mine and not so easy to sell the other two."

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/jim-sensenbrenner-mexico-border-wall/2017/03/14/id/778708/

aboutime
03-14-2017, 07:29 PM
Jim. Back during the Trump, Hillary campaigns, before November 8. I offered this idea to some who were asking WHO, and HOW will Trump pay for the wall.

ICE, and the other Law enforcement agencies across the nation COLLECT DRUG funds every day. Trump knew about it, and everybody laughed at him.

This is how Trump, and Congress can, and will pay for the WALL, and other things too!