PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Class Action Lawsuits

Gunny
03-15-2017, 09:23 AM
It's like get the hell off my tv. These law firms will sue if the sun comes up. You got sick from your medicine? That crap comes with 10 page novels of disclaimers. If you're that stupid I'm with Darwin.

Same with this football player concussion BS. Don't play football? Novel approach, I know. I used to kickbox/compete in martial arts. Guess what? I EXPECTED to get punched in the head. When I played football, I EXPECTED to get hammered (IF I couldn't hammer you first :) )

The lack of personal responsibility in our society today is appalling.

I'm beat all the Hell up. Playing sports, martial arts, being a Marine .. Nobody made me do it. I'm paying for it but I don't sit around whining and blaming someone else for MY choices.

gabosaurus
03-15-2017, 11:04 AM
:clap::clap:
You noticed this as well?
When I went to court with my daughter, I looked on the docket for that day. One of the cases involved a drunk person who wondered into the street and got hit by a car. Yep, the driver was being sued.
If you are drinking hot coffee while driving in traffic and spill it, you can always sue someone. If your kid tries to rob someone and gets shot for his trouble, you have a BIG claim. WTF?

jimnyc
03-15-2017, 11:12 AM

Condoms. You can get them anywhere from 25 cents to 2 bucks. One would think that the personal responsibility in this area would be one of the easier tasks. But yet there are over 54 million dead babies that make you wonder why these folks prefer abortions over personal responsibility and a quarter.

But it's much more than just abortion in today's society. The abuse in our welfare system is probably right up there too. That's some folks way of having personal responsibility - the ability to fill out forms monthly in order to get free money. That shit pisses me off.

Gunny
03-15-2017, 11:50 AM
Condoms. You can get them anywhere from 25 cents to 2 bucks. One would think that the personal responsibility in this area would be one of the easier tasks. But yet there are over 54 million dead babies that make you wonder why these folks prefer abortions over personal responsibility and a quarter.

But it's much more than just abortion in today's society. The abuse in our welfare system is probably right up there too. That's some folks way of having personal responsibility - the ability to fill out forms monthly in order to get free money. That shit pisses me off.

I'm glad I re-read your post before responding. I'm like, WTF am I going to do with a rubber? :laugh2:

I agree about the personal responsibility though.

jimnyc
03-15-2017, 11:56 AM
I'm glad I re-read your post before responding. I'm like, WTF am I going to do with a rubber? :laugh2:

I agree about the personal responsibility though.

Well, there are other uses!

On our honeymoon in St. Lucia, me and some other idiots took some condoms... and you can actually get fingers from both hands in there, and then gently pull it over your head and down just over your nose. And then you all breath out through your nose as fast as humanly possible until you are able to blow up the condom.

No, they were not lubricated. No, I didn't win. And yes, I was drunk as a fucker!! :laugh:

jimnyc
03-15-2017, 11:57 AM
Well, there are other uses!

On our honeymoon in St. Lucia, me and some other idiots took some condoms... and you can actually get fingers from both hands in there, and then gently pull it over your head and down just over your nose. And then you all breath out through your nose as fast as humanly possible until you are able to blow up the condom.

No, they were not lubricated. No, I didn't win. And yes, I was drunk as a fucker!! :laugh:

Oh, and this was up on the stage at Sandals, and it's on film!!

Gunny
03-15-2017, 12:06 PM
Oh, and this was up on the stage at Sandals, and it's on film!!

Great. I started a rubbers thread. Not sure how I pulled THAT one off. I'm probably one of the biggest prudes on the board.:laugh:

jimnyc
03-15-2017, 12:12 PM
Great. I started a rubbers thread. Not sure how I pulled THAT one off. I'm probably one of the biggest prudes on the board.:laugh:

Don't worry, at least you'll never see the film! The resort recorded much of our wedding festivities, but it was in European format. I had it converted, but that was back in 1994, so it's in VHS format. You will have to use your imagination, and imagine my studly self putting a condom over my head and blowing it up, and looking like Dan Akroyd from 'Conheads' just before it popped!

Elessar
03-15-2017, 01:58 PM
I get those class action notices often.

Just think WTF? I'll get 5 bucks out of this? I never
bother responding. Not worth the time and effort!

Yeah Gabby....'personal responsibility' is a lost art these days.