PDA

View Full Version : Trump immigration ban trumped again

gabosaurus
03-16-2017, 10:35 AM
http://www.latimes.com/nation/nationnow/la-na-travel-ban-blocked-maryland-20170316-story.html

A federal judge in Greenbelt, Md., on Thursday blocked President Trump's revised travel ban targeting six predominantly Muslim countries.
Judge Theodore Chuang ruled in a case brought near the nation's capital by the ACLU and other groups representing immigrants, refugees and their families. The groups argued that the underlying rationale of the ban was to discriminate against Muslims, making it unconstitutional.

The plaintiffs also argued that the ban illegally reduces the number of refugees authorized to enter the U.S. this year.

Gunny
03-16-2017, 10:46 AM
Legally, only the USSC or Congress can override the President. These lower court rulings mean nothing.

CSM
03-16-2017, 12:27 PM
We can all be sure that politics had NO bearing on the judges decision....LOLOLOL

But hey, if Gabby is happy that decisions made by the judiciary are based on politics rather than rule of law, who are we to judge?

pete311
03-16-2017, 12:30 PM
We can all be sure that politics had NO bearing on the judges decision....LOLOLOL

But hey, if Gabby is happy that decisions made by the judiciary are based on politics rather than rule of law, who are we to judge?

evidence please

NightTrain
03-16-2017, 12:38 PM
evidence please

I'm still waiting on your evidence that we're about to run out of Oil, Coal and Natural Gas.

That was a couple of months ago.

pete311
03-16-2017, 12:43 PM
I'm still waiting on your evidence that we're about to run out of Oil, Coal and Natural Gas.

That was a couple of months ago.

You are generous with your words

NightTrain
03-16-2017, 01:42 PM
You are generous with your words

I'm cool like that.

Anyway, how about your hypocrisy demanding other people back up something they said when you yourself are unwilling/incapable of doing so?

Black Diamond
03-16-2017, 03:12 PM
This travel ban isn't going to happen. Too many judges appointed by the porch monkey.

Elessar
03-16-2017, 03:24 PM
Legally, only the USSC or Congress can override the President. These lower court rulings mean nothing.

Completely correct.

CSM
03-16-2017, 03:25 PM
evidence please

You live under a rock or what? The law is pretty specific; maybe you should go read that for starters. Any ruling outside of that is either pure politics or pure stupidity...take your pick.

Elessar
03-16-2017, 03:33 PM
This travel ban isn't going to happen. Too many judges appointed by the porch monkey.

I predict that quite a few will eventually become 'un-appointed' because of their liberal bent that only
judges using one side of law interpretation.

Gunny
03-16-2017, 04:08 PM
I predict that quite a few will eventually become 'un-appointed' because of their liberal bent that only
judges using one side of law interpretation.

What I was thinking.

BoogyMan
03-16-2017, 04:22 PM
evidence please Can we use big people words? How about the specifics of the Hawaii judge digging outside the framework of the EO in order to bake up a contextual argument against the EO.
(http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2017/03/15/dershowitz_supreme_court_will_find_trump_travel_or der_constitutional_even_without_gorsuch.html)

aboutime
03-16-2017, 05:51 PM
evidence please

petey. YOU WANT PROOF?

OKAY....GO AND READ THE U.S.CONSTITUTION. Trump is just doing what his JOB TITLE demands...According to the Constitution.

If you are siding with the Judges who are making their own laws, and rules.
YOU are also disobeying, and ignoring the CONSTITUTION.
That's the only proof anyone needs.

PROVE ME WRONG.

Bet YOU won't answer this one honestly either.

LongTermGuy
03-17-2017, 02:27 PM
Obama appointed `Local` Far-Left Liberal judges who look gay... `stepping way out of bounds` do not make rules for our Country....It aint over with yet SnowFlake...
http://static4.businessinsider.com/image/589794c23149a165008b54a0-1190-625/trump-if-something-happens-blame-the-judge-who-blocked-my-immigration-order.jpg