PDA

View Full Version : New Rule?

Gunny
03-16-2017, 04:39 PM
Is there a requirement in basketball now to compete for who can have the stupidest hair? These guys look like complete idiots.

Black Diamond
03-16-2017, 04:41 PM
Have any of them gone for the Cyndi Lauper time after time look?

Gunny
03-16-2017, 04:46 PM
Have any of them gone for the Cyndi Lauper time after time look?

Nah. But I think black guys whose hair turns blond halfway up on their fro shaped like Abe Lincolm's hat look about as retarded as it gets. :laugh: White guys with dreads.

You think they get dates?

aboutime
03-16-2017, 05:59 PM
Is there a requirement in basketball now to compete for who can have the stupidest hair? These guys look like complete idiots.

Gunny. I've often wondered about that same thing. And, like it or not. Call me a racist for saying it. But I think...they intentionally have that much Stupid looking hair in case the guys with the MOPS, who go out on the floor to clean up the sweat...don't show up in time. All they have to do is get TWO PLAYERS to hold ONE PLAYER upside down, and PUSH HIM BACK AND FORTH until the FLOOR is dry again???
How bout that?:afro::afro::afro:

Elessar
03-16-2017, 06:24 PM

I just shake my head when I see some of them.:laugh:

Gunny
03-16-2017, 06:36 PM
Gunny. I've often wondered about that same thing. And, like it or not. Call me a racist for saying it. But I think...they intentionally have that much Stupid looking hair in case the guys with the MOPS, who go out on the floor to clean up the sweat...don't show up in time. All they have to do is get TWO PLAYERS to hold ONE PLAYER upside down, and PUSH HIM BACK AND FORTH until the FLOOR is dry again???
How bout that?:afro::afro::afro:

That made me laugh.:laugh: I'm from back in the fro days and while ridiculous there is a reason for them doing it back then. Their height was listed from the top of their hair, no their gourds. That was the reasoning in the 70s.

But these guys now just look like "Gee, how can I be the biggest idiot on the court?" I don't watch a game to study your hair. Can you play basketball? There's a novel idea. It's only a basketball game. If I want you to model your hair I'm sure I have an infomercial channel that covers it.

Elessar
03-16-2017, 06:51 PM
That made me laugh.:laugh: I'm from back in the fro days and while ridiculous there is a reason for them doing it back then. Their height was listed from the top of their hair, no their gourds. That was the reasoning in the 70s.

But these guys now just look like "Gee, how can I be the biggest idiot on the court?" I don't watch a game to study your hair. Can you play basketball? There's a novel idea. It's only a basketball game. If I want you to model your hair I'm sure I have an infomercial channel that covers it.

I remember those days....there was a 6'10 center from WVA State that had a should-to-shoulder 'fro that made him look about 7'3!:laugh:
Used to shoot a soft jumper from the top of the key. Our leaping guard Jimmy Johnston jammed one on his noggin. Harvey only scored 5
points that night. Never ever saw a guy who could leap that well. He could hang off the top the the backboard glass.

Gunny
03-16-2017, 07:06 PM
I remember those days....there was a 6'10 center from WVA State that had a should-to-shoulder 'fro that made him look about 7'3!:laugh:
Used to shoot a soft jumper from the top of the key. Our leaping guard Jimmy Johnston jammed one on his noggin. Harvey only scored 5
points that night. Never ever saw a guy who could leap that well. He could hang off the top the the backboard glass.

I'm like the biggest Dr J fan in the universe. He'd be dunking and his fro would still be at the foul line. :laugh: And I CAN finger roll the ball. I was shaving my head a good 2 years before Jordan. I'm tired of people ripping off my gimmicks.:laugh:

But these guys now are like "Look at me". I don't want to look at you. Show me WHAT you can do, I played B-Ball for 30+ years and coached a couple of years (know what coaching 4-5th graders is like?) I think we lost one game.

Your fancy hair do don't make you nothing to me. Get your head, not your hair, in the game.

Elessar
03-16-2017, 07:13 PM
I'm like the biggest Dr J fan in the universe. He'd be dunking and his fro would still be at the foul line. :laugh: And I CAN finger roll the ball. I was shaving my head a good 2 years before Jordan. I'm tired of people ripping off my gimmicks.:laugh:

But these guys now are like "Look at me". I don't want to look at you. Show me WHAT you can do, I played B-Ball for 30+ years and coached a couple of years (know what coaching 4-5th graders is like?) I think we lost one game.

Your fancy hair do don't make you nothing to me. Get your head, not your hair, in the game.

Theatrics and vanity...just like the totally inked body. Play the game the way it was meant to be...
not just appearance. Wilt must be rolling over in his grave.

Gunny
03-16-2017, 07:54 PM
Theatrics and vanity...just like the totally inked body. Play the game the way it was meant to be...
not just appearance. Wilt must be rolling over in his grave.

I was and am a Spurs fan. They were originally the Dallas Chapparals in the ABA, I had one of those Red. White n Blue basketballs. The Iceman George Gervin and Dr J were my basketball heroes. Both of them had class. Sorely lacking nowadays.

But I'm watching these college games and just shaking my head. Obviously no dress code. Their fundamentals suck. I can hit more free throws than these chumps. And has spreading the court gone out of style? Passing the ball? Having a plan?

Why don't you worry about your game instead of your do.

Black Diamond
03-16-2017, 08:27 PM
Nah. But I think black guys whose hair turns blond halfway up on their fro shaped like Abe Lincolm's hat look about as retarded as it gets. :laugh: White guys with dreads.

You think they get dates?
Rodman started this.

Gunny
03-16-2017, 08:52 PM
Rodman started this.

I have zero respect for Rodman. I don't even care about his game. He's a complete moron as a human being. He screwed over the Spurs with his childish BS. He only got over with the Bulls because Jordan told him straight up: I don't need you. Do your job and get along or you're gone. Guess he wanted a paycheck. He let fame turn him into a complete idiot.

Elessar
03-16-2017, 09:05 PM
I have zero respect for Rodman. I don't even care about his game. He's a complete moron as a human being. He screwed over the Spurs with his childish BS. He only got over with the Bulls because Jordan told him straight up: I don't need you. Do your job and get along or you're gone. Guess he wanted a paycheck. He let fame turn him into a complete idiot.

Some pundits called him the greatest rebounder of all time.

Hello!

Wilt Chamberlain?
Bill Russel?
....gawd more better than him.

Gunny
03-16-2017, 09:27 PM

Hello!

Wilt Chamberlain?
Bill Russel?

Both. I loved Bill Russell. I didn't like his team but I could appreciate his game. I can rebound as good as Rodman. All you got to do is time the ball. I was also a good shot blocker. The martial arts paid off. Unlike Rodman though, I could nail 3s. I ALWAYS got picked. :) I always liked George Silas. It's like don't even bring your sh*t down here.

This FL State - FSGU game is actually the best one I've seen today. They're putting on a show. These guys got game.

Black Diamond
03-16-2017, 09:31 PM

Hello!

Wilt Chamberlain?
Bill Russel?
Rodman was a foot shorter than them. They towered over everyone. Centers who stand under the basket and dunk don't impress. That's why I like Hakeem so much. He was so versatile.

Black Diamond
03-16-2017, 09:33 PM
I like Russell better than chamberlain cause he played defense.

gabosaurus
03-16-2017, 09:34 PM
Move up to the NBA and you see some REALLY funky hairstyles. :rolleyes:

http://img1.rnkr-static.com/user_node_img/100/1991640/870/scot-pollard-basketball-players-photo-u1.jpg

https://thenypost.files.wordpress.com/2016/07/linhair6.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=638

http://fadeawayworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/andersonvarejao.jpg?x21867

http://fadeawayworld.com/2016/10/22/the-100-worst-nba-players-haircuts/

Gunny
03-16-2017, 10:04 PM
Got anything else, threadkill? We WERE having a conversation.

Black Diamond
03-16-2017, 10:13 PM
Got anything else, threadkill? We WERE having a conversation.
If you can rebound like Rodman, I don't want to say you picked the wrong profession...

but you may have picked the wrong profession.

Gunny
03-16-2017, 10:31 PM
If you can rebound like Rodman, I don't want to say you picked the wrong profession...

but you may have picked the wrong profession.

I can rebound. All you got to do is time the ball. It's more theft than anything else. You time the ball and snatch it. I'm not tall enough nor can I jump high enough to be a pro. I would have loved to. I could just touch the rim. I CAN rebound and shoot. I played from the 70s until the day I retired in 2000. Almost every day. I've even played in the hanger decks on moving ships in combat boots. My knees are telling me all the f- about it.:laugh:

Elessar
03-16-2017, 11:55 PM
Rodman was a foot shorter than them. They towered over everyone. Centers who stand under the basket and dunk don't impress. That's why I like Hakeem so much. He was so versatile.

Hakeem was very athletic, but not even in the same level as Wilt or Bill...or even Nate Thornton.
Wilt was the strongest and most athletic center in the history of the NBA, even better than Kareem.

Gunny
03-17-2017, 08:51 AM
Hakeem was very athletic, but not even in the same level as Wilt or Bill...or even Nate Thornton.
Wilt was the strongest and most athletic center in the history of the NBA, even better than Kareem.

Little factoid ... Wilt was a very poor actor. When they made Conan 2 he kept roughing Arnold up.:laugh: They'd get into the fight scenes and Wilt would actually fight and slam him around.:laugh:

Abbey Marie
03-17-2017, 10:49 AM
Big picture: the world took a turn for the worse when men decided they too want attention for their looks. Now you all make mistakes about as stupid as women make.

Gunny
03-17-2017, 05:12 PM
How can you be proud of yourself wearing a bun on your head as a man? Little girls wear them in gradeschool.

Black Diamond
03-17-2017, 05:15 PM
How can you be proud of yourself wearing a bun on your head as a man? Little girls wear them in gradeschool.
Metro?

Gunny
03-18-2017, 10:09 AM
Big picture: the world took a turn for the worse when men decided they too want attention for their looks. Now you all make mistakes about as stupid as women make.

Not the same thing, Abs. Men have always wanted attention. The line is drawn where men want the same attention as girls. I didn't seek attention but sure as Hell didn't turn it away. It was about the competition to me and I'd rather you NOT see me coming. How I looked only mattered in uniform because it matters in uniform.

These guys are saying "look at me". Sure. Won't be hard to watch your ass either what with that neon billboard on top of your grape.

Abbey Marie
03-18-2017, 12:20 PM
Not the same thing, Abs. Men have always wanted attention. The line is drawn where men want the same attention as girls. I didn't seek attention but sure as Hell didn't turn it away. It was about the competition to me and I'd rather you NOT see me coming. How I looked only mattered in uniform because it matters in uniform.

These guys are saying "look at me". Sure. Won't be hard to watch your ass either what with that neon billboard on top of your grape.

Yes, that is why I specified they now want attention for their looks. Men always liked attention for other things- money, sports prowess, their car, toughness, etc. Used to make more sense that way, lol.

Elessar
03-18-2017, 06:56 PM

Missed this one.

Over his career he led the NBA in scoring, rebounding, or assists.
Only Nate Thurmond or Bill Russell could stand toe to toe with him.
Unlike most tall NBA players he could leap. High jumper and hurdler
in college.

Elessar
03-18-2017, 07:02 PM
Little factoid ... Wilt was a very poor actor. When they made Conan 2 he kept roughing Arnold up.:laugh: They'd get into the fight scenes and Wilt would actually fight and slam him around.:laugh:

Sports Illustrated said he was the strongest professional athlete in the world back in his prime.
I saw him in person once. He filled the doorway to WVU's Mountaineer Coliseum...
7ft 1 my butt!

Gunny
03-18-2017, 07:12 PM
Yes, that is why I specified they now want attention for their looks. Men always liked attention for other things- money, sports prowess, their car, toughness, etc. Used to make more sense that way, lol.

I played sports. And I played to win. I actually started shaving my head when I got tired of paying out ever week for a haircut. And it was a few years BEFORE Jordan made it popular. I just figured I could make me look as bald as the barber.:laugh: When I finally divorced I was shocked at women paying attention to me. I never paid attention to them when I was married.

They say men go through that mid-life crisis crap. Get a sports car and grow a comb over. I was accused of spending mine in the weight room. dojo and basketball court competing with people half my age. Probably an accurate assessment. :laugh:

But I never considered being flashy or anything else. I always wore long sleeve, oversized dress shirts so no one could tell how big I was. I wanted to win. I was never in it for the looks so I don't get the mentality.