PDA

View Full Version : Climate Change: ‘We’re Not Spending Money on That Anymore’

jimnyc
03-17-2017, 02:05 PM
Definitely some treehuggers heads exploding out there somewhere today!

---

WH on Global Climate Change: ‘We’re Not Spending Money on That Anymore’

(CNSNews.com) – In line with campaign pledges that riled environmental activists and the Obama administration, President Trump is seeking to eliminate funding for global climate programs including the Green Climate Fund, which the White House on Thursday described as “a waste of your money.”

“Regarding the question as to climate change, I think the president was fairly straightforward,” Office of Management and Budget director Mick Mulvaney said in a briefing of the proposed budget for fiscal year 2018..

“We’re not spending money on that anymore,” he said. “We consider that to be a waste of your money to go out and do that. So that is a specific tie to his – to his campaign.”

Days before the election, Trump vowed if successful to “cancel billions in global warming payments to the United Nations,” saying he would devote funds instead to “environmental infrastructure” at home.

His proposed FY 2018 budget eliminates funding for the Global Climate Change Initiative (GCCI) and for U.N. climate programs, cutting all funding for the GCF and two precursor climate investment funds.

Last year the Obama administration requested $1.3 billion for the GCCI for FY 2017. The breakdown was $352.2 million for the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), $631.7 million for the State Department and $350.4 million for the Treasury Department.

Those figures included $750 million for the GCF – $500 million from the State Department account and $250 million from Treasury..

President Obama earlier unilaterally pledged $3 billion over four years to the GCF, an entity designed to help developing countries reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions and adapt to phenomena blamed on climate change such as rising sea-levels and drought.

A first instalment of $500 million was paid in March 2016, and a second instalment, also $5

Rest here - http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/patrick-goodenough/wh-global-climate-change-were-not-spending-money-anymore-waste-your

Abbey Marie
03-17-2017, 02:59 PM
I keep wondering if Trump will pursue any policies that bother me.
Not so far.

Black Diamond
03-17-2017, 03:01 PM
If Obama voters had gone with Romney they wouldn't crying right now. And I wouldn't be nearly this happy.

Black Diamond
03-17-2017, 03:05 PM
I keep wondering if Trump will pursue any policies that bother me.
Not so far.
How do you like him on abortion ?

gabosaurus
03-17-2017, 03:53 PM
Fine... but remember, Soylent Green is people.

aboutime
03-17-2017, 03:57 PM
For all of us who DO NOT SUPPORT Global Warming claims.

As American tax payers. Did anyone ever ask US if we wanted to use OUR tax dollars for Global Warming claims?

WE THE PEOPLE are taking back our nation....One less Stupid Thing at a time.