PDA

View Full Version : Colin Kaepernick: some teams ‘genuinely hate him’

jimnyc
03-17-2017, 06:12 PM
This is GREAT news! I hope no one signs him and his young career is over. Likely though, he'll end up as a backup somewhere.

---

Colin Kaepernick update: some teams ‘genuinely hate him’

Re-signing Colin Kaepernick is a long shot now that the 49ers have acquired free agents Brian Hoyer and Matt Barkley, general manager John Lynch confirmed Friday.

“The likelihood of that happening has gone down significantly, but we’re not going to close our mind or our options on anyone, including him,” Lynch told KNBR 680-AM.
Kaepernick has not been linked to any teams since entering free agency last week for the first time in his six-year career.

“He can still play at a high level,” an anonymous AFC general manager told Bleacher Report’s Mike Freeman. “The problem is three things are happening with him.

“First, some teams genuinely believe that he can’t play. They think he’s shot. I’d put that number around 20 percent.

“Second, some teams fear the backlash from fans after getting him. They think there might be protests or (President) Trump will tweet about the team. I’d say that number is around 10 percent. Then there’s another 10 percent that has a mix of those feelings.

“Third, the rest genuinely hate him and can’t stand what he did [kneeling for the national anthem]. They want nothing to do with him. They won’t move on. They think showing no interest is a form of punishment. I think some teams also want to use Kaepernick as a cautionary tale to stop other players in the future from doing what he did.”

Rest here - http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/03/17/colin-kaepernick-update-some-teams-genuinely-hate-him/

Black Diamond
03-17-2017, 06:14 PM
Next he will be addressing congress.

Elessar
03-17-2017, 06:26 PM
He is over-rated in skill, for one, in my mind's eye.

Then these 'protests' of his drew a mark of shame on the entire NFL.
As a starting QB, you need to demonstrate being a leader. I don't care
much for the 49er's, but them allowing his behavior put a further nail
in their coffin in my opinion.

gabosaurus
03-17-2017, 10:16 PM

I don't think the flag thing has anything to do with it. Professional athletes can get away with anything and still play if they have the potential. Look at Dez Bryant and Cam Newton. Not to mention Jameis Winston.
If Kaepernick could still play at a high level, he would be on someone's roster.

Jeff
03-18-2017, 01:08 AM
I would like to see the POS eat a 44 mag, another spoiled rotten POS that I hope never plays another down.

Abbey Marie
03-18-2017, 12:23 PM
Doesn't Dallas need a backup now? Never happen! :laugh2:

Abbey Marie
03-18-2017, 12:26 PM

Then these 'protests' of his drew a mark of shame on the entire NFL.
As a starting QB, you need to demonstrate being a leader. I don't care
much for the 49er's, but them allowing his behavior put a further nail
in their coffin in my opinion.

He has every right to protest. But don't use your paid entertainment time to do it.
And we and the NFL owners have every right to pass on his sorry rump.

Elessar
03-18-2017, 12:42 PM
He has every right to protest. But don't use your paid entertainment time to do it.
And we and the NFL owners have every right to pass on his sorry rump.

Protest all you want, but not on the field and in uniform.

Gunny
03-18-2017, 01:46 PM
And we and the NFL owners have every right to pass on his sorry rump.Never say never with Jones. If he can screw it up ....

How many players out there wear SB rings that he let go?

Black Diamond
03-18-2017, 02:29 PM
Never say never with Jones. If he can screw it up ....

How many players out there wear SB rings that he let go?
I don't think jones appreciates his kneeling bullshit. From what I heard, he expects his players to stand.

Black Diamond
03-18-2017, 02:33 PM
The problem is, even if colon quits kneeling or never plays again, he started a trend. Others will kneel next season.

Elessar
03-18-2017, 06:39 PM
The problem is, even if colon quits kneeling or never plays again, he started a trend. Others will kneel next season.

It's bullshit BD! On the field or BB court is no place to act political and embarrass the whole team,
organization, or league.

Do it off on your own and not affiliate it with your employer.

Black Diamond
03-18-2017, 07:09 PM
It's bullshit BD! On the field or BB court is no place to act political and embarrass the whole team,
organization, or league.

Do it off on your own and not affiliate it with your employer.
It may be worse now that trump is president. And the bad thing is the league does nothing about it.

Gunny
03-18-2017, 07:17 PM
It may be worse now that trump is president. And the bad thing is the league does nothing about it.

Yeah but by God don't underinflate your ball by one PSI. The league is right on top of THAT "important" sh*t.