PDA

View Full Version : Saturdays used to be fun

jimnyc
03-18-2017, 12:02 PM
I remember when I was a kid, Saturday's were the best. We had ALL day with friends to do all kinds of cool things. We played football, wiffle ball, basketball or whatever. Hell, we didn't have cars or cell phones either, but we always found a way to get together and have fun.

And now here I am and Saturday's kinda suck. All damn day and pretty much nothing to do. Even the TV scheduling sucks. Too much traffic here in NY if you really want to go out and do anything, which I really don't want to anyway. Too old and fat for those sports.

Now I just want to come on here and make fun of Gunny :laugh:

Gunny
03-18-2017, 12:07 PM
I remember when I was a kid, Saturday's were the best. We had ALL day with friends to do all kinds of cool things. We played football, wiffle ball, basketball or whatever. Hell, we didn't have cars or cell phones either, but we always found a way to get together and have fun.

And now here I am and Saturday's kinda suck. All damn day and pretty much nothing to do. Even the TV scheduling sucks. Too much traffic here in NY if you really want to go out and do anything, which I really don't want to anyway. Too old and fat for those sports.

Now I just want to come on here and make fun of @Gunny (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=30) :laugh:

Trust me jackass, if I had anything else to do I wouldn't be here for you to make fun of. :)

jimnyc
03-18-2017, 12:09 PM
Trust me jackass, if I had anything else to do I wouldn't be here for you to make fun of. :)

Same here ya dirty bastard. But since we're both in similar circumstances... :fu::finger3::pee: :laugh2:

gabosaurus
03-18-2017, 01:33 PM
I used to have fun. Now I sit around running Mom's Taxi Service.
But I do get to come on here and make fun of Jim and Gunny. :slap:

Abbey Marie
03-18-2017, 01:59 PM
Since I retired, the days are all pretty much the same, except that most Saturdays, Russ is home. Not today, though. :( Some big Network thang going and to the office he went.

Gunny
03-18-2017, 02:28 PM
I used to have fun. Now I sit around running Mom's Taxi Service.
But I do get to come on here and make fun of Jim and Gunny. :slap:

Hate to point this out, but the only one being made fun of is YOU.

SassyLady
03-18-2017, 02:37 PM
I'm loving my Saturdays ... I'm sitting out on my back patio here in Tucson and the weather is in the eighties and it's soooo .... nice and quiet ... except for various birds chirping and singing ... the sound of bees buzzing around all the flowers ... lizards crawling on the wall. Love it!
http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9793&stc=1

LongTermGuy
03-18-2017, 03:09 PM

Now I just want to come on here and make fun of @Gunny (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=30) :laugh:
~ "Even the TV scheduling sucks" ~.

understand...

Just got home....checked TV guide....NOTHING!!!....at this time....Cat laying on the couch next to me...he`s bored too...just keeps looking at me...with the what next look...!

so...I have Fox News in the back ground....and surfing the net...drinking a cold Beer and breaded cheese stix`s baking in oven!!!

Black Diamond
03-18-2017, 03:18 PM
All television is worthless. Except for tucker, krauthammer, and some O'Reilly. It's old movies and music for me.

Gunny
03-18-2017, 04:05 PM
All television is worthless. Except for tucker, krauthammer, and some O'Reilly. It's old movies and music for me.

Y'think? Mama June: Not to Hot or Puppy poop on the floor? I usually watch TCM, Triple D, or some forensic show. I'm only watching network now because basketball is on and it beats the other crap. I don't watch pundit shows much anymore. If I turn on the news, it's to see how wrong the weatherman can be.

Black Diamond
03-18-2017, 04:11 PM
Y'think? Mama June: Not to Hot or Puppy poop on the floor? I usually watch TCM, Triple D, or some forensic show. I'm only watching network now because basketball is on and it beats the other crap. I don't watch pundit shows much anymore. If I turn on the news, it's to see how wrong the weatherman can be.
That means you watch that ass clown in the Chevy commercial at least 10 times per game.

Gunny
03-18-2017, 04:17 PM
That means you watch that ass clown in the Chevy commercial at least 10 times per game.

Huh? Who? Commercials are smoke break time for me. You'll have to narrow down to a specific assclown to me. I HATE commercials. ALL of them.

Black Diamond
03-18-2017, 04:19 PM
Huh? Who? Commercials are smoke break time for me. You'll have to narrow down to a specific assclown to me. I HATE commercials. ALL of them.
He looks like a faggot. Oh wait that's most of the guys on television.

Black Diamond
03-18-2017, 04:24 PM
https://youtu.be/sW7i-oUHvA0

Gunny
03-18-2017, 04:37 PM
He looks like a faggot. Oh wait that's most of the guys on television.You talking about the guy on Triple D? I tune him out and watch how they make the food. I think he's an obnoxious idiot. I don't know how he has a job. Hell, I can run around the country and tell you if your food sucks. And surprisingly, nobody's and I mean NOBODY's food ever sucks on his show.

I watch when I want to see if they're cooking something I want to eat and there may be some tips I can get off the actual cooks.

Black Diamond
03-18-2017, 04:44 PM
You talking about the guy on Triple D? I tune him out and watch how they make the food. I think he's an obnoxious idiot. I don't know how he has a job. Hell, I can run around the country and tell you if your food sucks. And surprisingly, nobody's and I mean NOBODY's food ever sucks on his show.

I watch when I want to see if they're cooking something I want to eat and there may be some tips I can get off the actual cooks.
No. Link is above. I haven't seen triple D in a while.

Gunny
03-18-2017, 04:59 PM
No. Link is above. I haven't seen triple D in a while.The "How Grams gets Blondie " commercial one click down was a lot funnier. :laugh2:

Elessar
03-18-2017, 06:08 PM
Ahhh...Saturdays as a kid.

Bugs Bunny in the morning, Do some chores, movie matinee or
rough touch football, basketball, or whiffle ball. Then dinner bell, help
with dishes, then basketball until dark.

gabosaurus
03-18-2017, 10:35 PM
About the only time I watch TV is when the Dodgers or Ducks are on. Or if there is something good on the History channel.
Other than that, I prefer to spend my free time reading or just laying around. Not that there is much free time.

CSM
03-19-2017, 07:16 AM
Hmmm....Saturday....

Early morning workout at the gym, came home and paid bills then went outside and chopped some wood. Cleaned up the house a bit after bringing in a load of wood for the fireplace. Did some laundry while loading up the crockpot for supper. Did some wood carving, practiced guitar then played video games; ate supper, played video games, read some then went to bed. Typical day I guess.

Abbey Marie
03-25-2017, 10:28 AM
Hmmm....Saturday....

Early morning workout at the gym, came home and paid bills then went outside and chopped some wood. Cleaned up the house a bit after bringing in a load of wood for the fireplace. Did some laundry while loading up the crockpot for supper. Did some wood carving, practiced guitar then played video games; ate supper, played video games, read some then went to bed. Typical day I guess.

Slacker!

Gunny
03-25-2017, 10:59 AM
Hmmm....Saturday....

See what I had to put up with? I want to watch Bugs Bunny and this MFer has a wood-chopping detail going on. Guess what ... you volunteered because you weren't smart enough to get the Hell out of the barracks. It only takes about ONCE to learn THAT lesson. "Hey Marine, what're you doing? Well have I got your entertainment for the evening lined up .... "

gabosaurus
03-25-2017, 01:02 PM
I had a lot of fun on Saturdays as a kid. Once I got into high school, things got a bit more nefarious. :dev3:
I try pleading the Fifth when it comes to high school, but my mom knew everything and makes a point to let my daughter in on it. I wasn't so sly after all. :laugh: