nevadamedic
08-03-2007, 08:28 PM
Story Highlights

Three people arrested near the dock of the Queen Mary II
One found floating in replica of a Revolutionary War submarine
No indication of any connection to terrorism
Odd submarine appears to be hobby of one of those arrested, officer says

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/08/03/makeshift.submersible/index.html

Wow. I don't see why they were arrested though........... I guess it's against the law to make and drive a Submarine now........... I a;so wonder why the Police was dispatched instead of the Coast Guard, as it's the Coast Guards job to deal with this kind of situation. They are also better equiped.

I could definatly see where this kind of thing could be a major National Security Issue. I think that it should have been checked out and if they guy's truly just hobbiests then there shouldn't be charges. Im sure the Coast Guard and or the Navy could tell immediatly if there is a danger.

waterrescuedude2000
08-04-2007, 11:43 AM
Story Highlights

Three people arrested near the dock of the Queen Mary II
One found floating in replica of a Revolutionary War submarine
No indication of any connection to terrorism
Odd submarine appears to be hobby of one of those arrested, officer says

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/08/03/makeshift.submersible/index.html

Wow. I don't see why they were arrested though........... I guess it's against the law to make and drive a Submarine now........... I a;so wonder why the Police was dispatched instead of the Coast Guard, as it's the Coast Guards job to deal with this kind of situation. They are also better equiped.

I could definatly see where this kind of thing could be a major National Security Issue. I think that it should have been checked out and if they guy's truly just hobbiests then there shouldn't be charges. Im sure the Coast Guard and or the Navy could tell immediatly if there is a danger.

here is a direct quote from your link

"Initially the men were going to be charged on a number of violations, but as of Friday afternoon, it was unclear if any charges would be brought forward."

Anyways how can they tell danger right away?? I mean you cant always detect toxins and stuff in a container that would have been underwater. So maybe they could have figured it out but not for sure.