PDA

View Full Version : First Daughter Ivanka Trump Gets West Wing Office

jimnyc
03-21-2017, 07:36 AM
I'm sure this is going to ruffle some feathers out there!

---

First Daughter Ivanka Trump Gets West Wing Office

Cementing her role as a powerful White House influence, Ivanka Trump is working out of a West Wing office and will get access to classified information, though she is not technically serving as a government employee, according to an attorney for the first daughter.

Since President Donald Trump took office, his eldest daughter has been a visible presence in the White House, where her husband, Jared Kushner, already serves as a senior adviser. On Friday, she participated in a meeting on vocational training with the president and German Chancellor Angela Merkel.

Jamie Gorelick, an attorney and ethics adviser for Ivanka Trump, said Monday that the first daughter will not have an official title, but will get a West Wing office, government-issued communications devices and security clearance to access classified information. Gorelick said Ivanka Trump would follow the ethics rules that apply to government employees.

"Our view is that the conservative approach is for Ivanka to voluntarily comply with the rules that would apply if she were a government employee, even though she is not," said Gorelick, who also helped Kushner with the legal strategy that led to his White House appointment. "The White House Counsel's Office agrees with that approach."

Ivanka Trump's role has already come under scrutiny because there is little precedent for a member of the first family with this kind of influence. The White House did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

A person with knowledge of Ivanka Trump's thinking, who requested anonymity to discuss private conversations, said she believes she can offer more independent perspective to her father by not serving as a White House staffer.

A popular surrogate for her father on the campaign trail, Ivanka Trump moved her young family to Washington at the start of the administration and signaled plans to work on economic issues, like maternity leave and child care. In a statement, she said: "I will continue to offer my father my candid advice and counsel, as I have for my entire life."

Rest here - http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/US-Trump-Ivanka/2017/03/20/id/779800/

gabosaurus
03-21-2017, 03:07 PM
It's called "nepotism." Though I doubt Trump cares.

Black Diamond
03-21-2017, 03:46 PM
It's called "nepotism." Though I doubt Trump cares.
No he doesn't. And I don't either.

Gunny
03-21-2017, 08:24 PM
It's called "nepotism." Though I doubt Trump cares.The "I'll vote for anything named Clinton" speaks.

revelarts
03-21-2017, 08:38 PM
No he doesn't. And I don't either.

no one cares as long as they like the candidate. F the rules F the constitution as long as MY GUYS IN CHARGE. WOOT!! WOOT!!! everyone else is just butthurt if they don't like it right?

Look as Trump said during the campaign he could shoot someone in time square and his folks would still support him.

but for those that still have respect for the laws, the constitution, ethics and the like here are a few real questions.
Is it legal?
Is it ethical?
Is she qualified to give any advice,
She given any advice that aligns with what the voters wanted?
Is she going to divest herself from her biz/investments so there's no conflict of interest... (well since Dad hasn't i guess she won't have to either:rolleyes:)

But Hey Saddam Hussin's sons worked with him too right? so there ya go.

I can just imagine the HOWLS and pages of complaints if Obama had brought his Kenyan Brother into a White House west wing office as an "unofficial" advisor. And he 'volunteered' to follow the rules:laugh:

gabosaurus
03-21-2017, 08:43 PM
The "I'll vote for anything named Clinton" speaks.

You obviously have a very poor memory. Which is to be expected.

Kathianne
03-21-2017, 08:57 PM
no one cares as long as they like the candidate. F the rules F the constitution as long as MY GUYS IN CHARGE. WOOT!! WOOT!!! everyone else is just butthurt if they don't like it right?

Look as Trump said during the campaign he could shoot someone in time square and his folks would still support him.

but for those that still have respect for the laws, the constitution, ethics and the like here are a few real questions.
Is it legal?
Is it ethical?
Is she going to divest herself from her biz/investments so there's no conflict of interest... (well since Dad hasn't i guess she won't have to either:rolleyes:)

I can just imagine the HOWLS and pages of complaints if Obama had brought his Kenyan Brother into a White House west wing office as an "unofficial" advisor. And he 'volunteered' to follow the rules:laugh:

While I'd leave out the Saddam family comparison, I agree in the main. Seems like many on both sides, left and right have just switched positions on many issues, just cause of who won and lost. I guess it wasn't just my choice in election that was a tad different than so many.

I know I'd be speaking out if Hillary had won and was doing the same with Chelsea, but heh, that's me.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
03-21-2017, 09:33 PM
I think it is a bad move on his part. Yet do not view this as earth shattering or of major importance.
We have serious security issues, potential terrorist groups operating freely within our own government, several nations representing huge threats to our economy and safety, illegal immigration issues, obamacare to replace, cities openly aiding immigrants in criminal acts, American muslim groups actively working against us, serious economic issues etc..
far more important to contend with than this extremely minor lapse in good judgment.
To me its a bit like taking a piss in the ocean-- nobody cares and its of no real importance..-Tyr

revelarts
03-21-2017, 09:38 PM
While I'd leave out the Saddam family comparison, I agree in the main. Seems like many on both sides, left and right have just switched positions on many issues, just cause of who won and lost. I guess it wasn't just my choice in election that was a tad different than so many.

I know I'd be speaking out if Hillary had won and was doing the same with Chelsea, but heh, that's me.

Yes Chelsea! Sheesh People's heads would be spinning off of their shoulders.

What if Dick Chenney's Daughter had been "volunteering advice' in the Bush white house. probably Not a word of complaint, some mild to hardy praise. As long as it it was the one they LIKED.

ethics laws etc, are not a question just whether or not we get our way.

gabosaurus
03-21-2017, 09:43 PM
Ivanka can advise the women of this country about cosmetic surgery (which she has had tons of) and boob jobs. :cool:

Gunny
03-21-2017, 10:49 PM

Nope. My memory's fine when it comes to you. You are going to vote D(uh) no matter what.

Black Diamond
03-22-2017, 03:10 AM
Ivanka can advise the women of this country about cosmetic surgery (which she has had tons of) and boob jobs. :cool:
How is Hillary doing these days? You know. The candidate you guaranteed would win.

Black Diamond
03-22-2017, 03:54 AM

Is it legal?
Is it ethical?

Nope. Obama would be the same race baiting baby killing cop killing anti-American anti-Semitic porch monkey whether he brings his brother into the White House or not.

I do look forward to setting up Trump's rape rooms though. Every protesting snowflake gets raped by seven deplorables.

Black Diamond
03-22-2017, 03:56 AM
So you voted for trump or Johnson? Not for the Teflon twat? My memory must not be very good, either.

revelarts
03-22-2017, 09:53 AM
I do look forward to setting up Trump's rape rooms though. Every protesting snowflake gets raped by seven deplorables.

hmm, well at least walk throughs of the teen beauty pageant's dressing rooms.

gabosaurus
03-22-2017, 10:09 AM
Nepotism and patronage jobs are very common in countries where leadership powers go unchecked. Silvio Burlusconi is a good role model for Trump.

Gunny
03-22-2017, 11:16 AM
Nepotism and patronage jobs are very common in countries where leadership powers go unchecked. Silvio Burlusconi is a good role model for Trump.

Your attempted deflection and non-point have NOTHING to say. The First Family is the .... wait for it .... the First Family. Now let's do roll call on nepotism. I don't recall very many Republican family members getting involved in politics except to present the "good wife" picture.

As opposed to the Clintons who have everyone to include the daughter meddling in politics. I didn't vote for your wife, brother, kids nor your cat or dog. The media makes them relevant. They mean NOTHING to me. And so far y'all are complete 0-fers. Get a low level office out of partisan hackery and manage to screw even THAT up.

Was OK with you Michelle Obama ran her damned big mouth for 8 years interjectiong herself into the political arena, but Trump's daughter can't have an office?

If you don't see what's wrong with THIS picture you're dumber than I thought.

Black Diamond
03-22-2017, 01:29 PM
Bill Clinton and JFK must have had a lot of leadership powers going unchecked.

Gunny
03-22-2017, 02:38 PM
Bill Clinton and JFK must have had a lot of leadership powers going unchecked.

And to think I live in my daughter's upstairs bedroom. If I call it an "office" does that make me subject to leftwingnut MSM ridicule?

Black Diamond
03-22-2017, 02:41 PM
And to think I live in my daughter's upstairs bedroom. If I call it an "office" does that make me subject to leftwingnut MSM ridicule?
if you run for office...

Gunny
03-22-2017, 02:51 PM
if you run for office...

I DO run for "office". I can get about 12 steps now without falling down. I started at 2. Whatever. And I have to climb the stairs to get to my "office". Getting a clue about how much I care about this BS?

Trump gave his daughter an office space. Obama moved his whole damned family in. The Russians rigged the elections. Let's go for some MORE desperation for a who gives a f- story ....

Here's one ... does Trump floss forward or backward? If he starts in the back I'm sure I hate him since I start in the front. Oh yeah, and he has hair. I'm sure I hate him now.

I mean really ...

Black Diamond
03-22-2017, 02:54 PM
If Hillary hadn't been a communist, I wouldn't have had that much of a problem with her working on Bill's team. and you know Chelsea would have a position similar to ivankas had Hillary won. I would not be upset in that case either. Drop in the ocean. Hillary would be the same crooked bitch to me..... Whether her daughter works for her or not.

Black Diamond
03-22-2017, 02:56 PM
I DO run for "office". I can get about 12 steps now without falling down. I started at 2. Whatever. And I have to climb the stairs to get to my "office". Getting a clue about how much I care about this BS?

Trump gave his daughter an office space. Obama moved his whole damned family in. The Russians rigged the elections. Let's go for some MORE desperation for a who gives a f- story ....

Here's one ... does Trump floss forward or backward? If he starts in the back I'm sure I hate him since I start in the front. Oh yeah, and he has hair. I'm sure I hate him now.

I mean really ...
Ok I think I am tracking with ya now.

Gunny
03-22-2017, 03:24 PM
Ok I think I am tracking with ya now.Let's be real here. I get a 4 year hitch in DC in and I can't give my daughter a room? Glad the military treated me better than that. I get a mansion for free you can bet your ass you'll know who my daughters and grandkids are. But my daughter's idea of politics is how much she can spend shopping online.:laugh: Her idea of running for "office" is returning something to Target.:laugh: