PDA

View Full Version : Grassley: Comey Could Have Been More Transparent

jimnyc
03-21-2017, 07:57 AM
So in which way? Do they think they know more about Trump but are holding back? Do they think they know more about leaks from the WH but are holding back? Perhaps a mixture of both?

Like I said a few times earlier, based on the primaries and last years election, I have lost SO much faith. Nothing would surprise me that the FBI knows and simply isn't telling us. :(

-----

Sen. Chuck Grassley: Comey Could Have Been More Transparent

FBI Director James Comey could have been more transparent with his testimony before the House Intelligence Committee on Monday, Sen. Chuck Grassley said Tuesday morning, while insisting there is more Comey could have said without violating national security or revealing details about an agency investigation.

"There's so many accusations out there that the more that can be said, the better," the Iowa Republican, who chairs the Senate Judiciary Committee, told CNN's "New Day" anchor Chris Cuomo. "It will bring some more confidence, and so [I'm] basically calling for more transparency."

Grassley said that there also should be more talk about people who "committed the crime" of leaking national security information to the public, and that discussion should be getting equal time.

Cuomo argued that Grassley and and other Republicans did not have the same level of interest in leaks from the investigation into Hillary Clinton's use of a private email server, but Grassley said the anchor "got that mixed up."

"There was a time when in July, we felt Comey was maybe being applauded, but then, we didn't like what he did in July," said Grassley. "Then in October, we did, so maybe that's just a characteristic of what you consider to be of the most political value."

The issues have now coalesced into a more limited scope, said Grassley, and now, the talk should be about what influence Russia had on the 2016 presidential campaign, and what is going to be done about people leaking information from the White House.

The Russia issue, though, came out as the result of a Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act court order in October, said Grassley, "so I don't know whether you can equate that with what went on the previous eight months of last year."

Grassley, though, said he couldn't get into whether he thinks President Donald Trump should apologize for his tweets accusing former President Barack Obama of being behind wiretapping at Trump Tower, as the question was based on the testimony offered from Comey and National Security Agency Director Mike Rogers.

Rest here - http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/Chuck-Grassley-Comey-Transparent/2017/03/21/id/779867/

Gunny
03-21-2017, 02:05 PM
Let's use some logic here. Why does it matter? The left will put criminals and anti-Constitution people in office but the right has to be as pure as the driven snow? The right needs to quit reacting to accusations from the left. Fuck 'em. We're right back to the Bush years. Who gives a shit what the left thinks?

Oh yeah. Republican'ts.

Black Diamond
03-21-2017, 02:15 PM
Comey also could have recommended prosecution for the wicked witch.

Gunny
03-22-2017, 09:05 AM
Comey also could have recommended prosecution for the wicked witch.

I was thinking "Young Frankenstein". "Fire .. BAD". :laugh: