PDA

View Full Version : Potential 'smoking gun' showing Obama administration spied on Trump team

jimnyc
03-23-2017, 07:58 PM
Potential 'smoking gun' showing Obama administration spied on Trump team, source says

Republican congressional investigators expect a potential “smoking gun” establishing that the Obama administration spied on the Trump transition team, and possibly the president-elect himself, will be produced to the House Intelligence Committee this week, a source told Fox News.

Classified intelligence showing incidental collection of Trump team communications, purportedly seen by committee Chairman Devin Nunes, R-Calif., and described by him in vague terms at a bombshell Wednesday afternoon news conference, came from multiple sources, Capitol Hill sources told Fox News. The intelligence corroborated information about surveillance of the Trump team that was known to Nunes, sources said, even before President Trump accused his predecessor of having wiretappedhim in a series of now-infamous tweets posted on March 4.

The intelligence is said to leave no doubt the Obama administration, in its closing days, was using the cover of legitimate surveillance on foreign targets to spy on President-elect Trump, according to sources.

The key to that conclusion is the unmasking of selected U.S. persons whose names appeared in the intelligence, the sources said, adding that the paper trail leaves no other plausible purpose for the unmasking other than to damage the incoming Trump administration.

The FBI hasn’t been responsive to the House Intelligence Committee’s request for documents, but the National Security Agency is expected to produce documents to the committee by Friday. The NSA document production is expected to produce more intelligence than Nunes has so far seen or described – including what one source described as a potential “smoking gun” establishing the spying.

Some time will be needed to properly assess the materials, with the likely result being that congressional investigators and attorneys won’t have a solid handle on the contents of the documents – and their implications – until next week.

Because Nunes’s intelligence came from multiple sources during a span of several weeks, and he has not shared the actual materials with his committee colleagues, he will be the only member of the panel in a position to know whether the NSA has turned over some or all of the intelligence he is citing. However, Fox News was told Intelligence Committee Ranking Member Rep. Adam Schiff, D-Calif., had been briefed on the basic contents of the intelligence described by Nunes.

Rest here - http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/03/23/potential-smoking-gun-showing-obama-administration-spied-on-trump-team-source-says.html

jimnyc
03-23-2017, 08:00 PM
Intelligence Reports Reveal Improper Political Surveillance of Trump, Transition Team

A House intelligence committee investigation took a dramatic shift this week after newly disclosed intelligence reports suggested the Obama administration improperly gathered and disseminated secret electronic communications from President Trump and his transition team prior to inauguration.

Rep. Devin Nunes (R., Calif.), the chairman of the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence, indicated that the administration used its foreign intelligence gathering authority to spy on the discussions of Trump and his transition team by improperly unmasking the identity of Americans who were swept up in foreign electronic spying.

"What I've read seems to be some level of surveillance activity, perhaps legal, but I don't know that it's right and I don't know if the American people would be comfortable with what I've read," said Nunes, who uncovered the reports.

Nunes announced the committee would seek to determine who knew about the classified reports, why they were not disclosed to Congress, and who requested and authorized the disclosure of the Americans' identities in the reports.

The panel also will try to find out whether the intelligence community was ordered to spy on Trump associates and if laws or regulations were violated.

Nunes said he was alarmed by what he saw in several dozen intelligence reports that include transcripts of communications, including communications directly from Trump. The reports were based on a foreign electronic spying operation between November and January. They were revealed by an intelligence community insider who alerted Nunes.

Nunes said on CNN that after reading the reports he was confident the Obama White House and numerous agencies "had a pretty good idea of what President-elect Trump was up to and what his transition team was up to and who they were meeting with."

Rest here - http://freebeacon.com/national-security/intelligence-reports-reveal-improper-political-surveillance-trump-transition-team/

Russ
03-23-2017, 08:03 PM
This is from foxnews.com...
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/03/23/potential-smoking-gun-showing-obama-administration-spied-on-trump-team-source-says.html

Potential 'smoking gun' showing Obama administration spied on Trump team
Republican congressional investigators expect a potential “smoking gun” establishing that the Obama administration spied on the Trump transition team, and possibly the president-elect himself, will be produced to the House Intelligence Committee this week, a source told Fox News.

Classified intelligence showing incidental collection of Trump team communications, purportedly seen by committee Chairman Devin Nunes, R-Calif., and described by him in vague terms at a bombshell Wednesday afternoon news conference, came from multiple sources, Capitol Hill sources told Fox News. The intelligence corroborated information about surveillance of the Trump team that was known to Nunes, sources said, even before President Trump accused his predecessor of having wiretapped him in a series of now-infamous tweets posted on March 4.

The intelligence is said to leave no doubt the Obama administration, in its closing days, was using the cover of legitimate surveillance on foreign targets to spy on President-elect Trump, according to sources.

The key to that conclusion is the unmasking of selected U.S. persons whose names appeared in the intelligence, the sources said, adding that the paper trail leaves no other plausible purpose for the unmasking other than to damage the incoming Trump administration.

The FBI hasn’t been responsive to the House Intelligence Committee’s request for documents, but the National Security Agency is expected to produce documents to the committee by Friday. The NSA document production is expected to produce more intelligence than Nunes has so far seen or described – including what one source described as a potential “smoking gun” establishing the spying.

Some time will be needed to properly assess the materials, with the likely result being that congressional investigators and attorneys won’t have a solid handle on the contents of the documents – and their implications – until next week.

Because Nunes’s intelligence came from multiple sources during a span of several weeks, and he has not shared the actual materials with his committee colleagues, he will be the only member of the panel in a position to know whether the NSA has turned over some or all of the intelligence he is citing. However, Fox News was told Intelligence Committee Ranking Member Rep. Adam Schiff, D-Calif., had been briefed on the basic contents of the intelligence described by Nunes.

CIA Director Mike Pompeo is also sympathetic to the effort to determine, with documentary evidence, the extent of any alleged Obama administration spying on the Trump team, sources said.

At a dramatic Wednesday news conference, Nunes claimed to have seen evidence that members of the Trump transition team, possibly including the president-elect, were subjected to “incidental surveillance” collection that Nunes characterized as legal but troubling.
“What I've read bothers me,” he told reporters, “and I think it should bother the president himself, and his team because I think some of it seems to be inappropriate.”

Schiff blasted Nunes for not coming first to the Intelligence Committee with the information.
"If accurate, this information should have been shared with members of the committee, but it has not been," Schiff said in a Wednesday statement.

If this pans out, Obama's name will be tainted forever, as will CNN's...

aboutime
03-23-2017, 08:06 PM
jim. Speaking for myself only, since few actually will concede my words often are the predictions I have...from my own investigations....but, I felt confident about Trump's accusations concerning Obama, and his minions who were left behind to destroy Trump.

Some of us should never forget. Obama was a practiced, perfectionist, and a master of Lies he always managed to obscure by throwing others under the bus first.

OBAMA, and the nearly entire DNC, which includes the Clinton's have all been proven to be ABSOLUTE LIARS.

I agree...as the defenders of Obama insist...he probably Never Ordered what Trump called "WIRETAPPING", but instead, using semantics, and practiced rhetoric...mastering the use of Words to disguise his lies....I believe OBAMA had a hand in everything.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
03-23-2017, 09:29 PM
This is from foxnews.com...
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/03/23/potential-smoking-gun-showing-obama-administration-spied-on-trump-team-source-says.html

Potential 'smoking gun' showing Obama administration spied on Trump team

Classified intelligence showing incidental collection of Trump team communications, purportedly seen by committee Chairman Devin Nunes, R-Calif., and described by him in vague terms at a bombshell Wednesday afternoon news conference, came from multiple sources, Capitol Hill sources told Fox News. The intelligence corroborated information about surveillance of the Trump team that was known to Nunes, sources said, even before President Trump accused his predecessor of having wiretapped him in a series of now-infamous tweets posted on March 4.

CIA Director Mike Pompeo is also sympathetic to the effort to determine, with documentary evidence, the extent of any alleged Obama administration spying on the Trump team, sources said.

At a dramatic Wednesday news conference, Nunes claimed to have seen evidence that members of the Trump transition team, possibly including the president-elect, were subjected to “incidental surveillance” collection that Nunes characterized as legal but troubling.
“What I've read bothers me,” he told reporters, “and I think it should bother the president himself, and his team because I think some of it seems to be inappropriate.”

Schiff blasted Nunes for not coming first to the Intelligence Committee with the information.
"If accurate, this information should have been shared with members of the committee, but it has not been," Schiff said in a Wednesday statement.

If this pans out, Obama's name will be tainted forever, as will CNN's...

Does not really matter, they put in their little porch monkey, he wrecked this nation for 8 long years and did as he pleased..
They will do nothing to that ffing piece of shit and he will go on doing crap to harm this nation as he is protected by the globalists.
Even if some minor heads roll--means nothing--as that ffing bastard got away with it, and it is him that needs to be in jail!

porch monkey gonna go on living free, making tens of millions and we citizens paid the price for his damn treason and agenda that further wrecked our economy while he put in place others to carry on his treasonous activities after he got out of office..
Whats even worse in my opinion is that piece of shit porch monkey, is heralded as a great man, great leader and hero by millions of brain-dead , ignorant-ass , gullible Americans!-Tyr

Elessar
03-23-2017, 10:16 PM
I hope they can get enough data against Obama, as the TOP Democrat for 8 years, to haul him
in in front of Trey Gowdy.

That is something I would pay admission to see! Gowdy is relentless!:laugh:

aboutime
03-24-2017, 06:18 PM
I hope they can get enough data against Obama, as the TOP Democrat for 8 years, to haul him
in in front of Trey Gowdy.

That is something I would pay admission to see! Gowdy is relentless!:laugh:

Elessar. I totally agree with you. BUT....as we all know. OBAMA would just mirror his IRS lady, Lerner, and the rest of the GUILTY people from his administration, and take the FIFTH AMENDMENT by refusing to answer on the grounds HE IS GUILTY, without question.

gabosaurus
03-25-2017, 10:12 AM
Citing this as a "smoking gun" is being more than a bit melodramatic.
U.S. intelligence agencies regularly monitor communications involving foreign adversaries and those under government surveillance. Once Trump became president, his staff began routine communications to set up meetings and obtain information. Nunes mentioned this.

The eavesdropping appears to have been legal and inadvertently picked up Trump associates because they were communicating with individuals under government surveillance, Nunes suggested.

I have to wonder why this "revelation" had to go through Nunes and the intelligence committee. As president, Trump can pick up the phone and request all communications picked up by the FBI and CIA. He can request all information revealed about Russia, China, etc.

http://www.latimes.com/politics/washington/la-na-nunes-surveillance-htmlstory.html

Russ
03-25-2017, 12:59 PM
Citing this as a "smoking gun" is being more than a bit melodramatic.
U.S. intelligence agencies regularly monitor communications involving foreign adversaries and those under government surveillance. Once Trump became president, his staff began routine communications to set up meetings and obtain information. Nunes mentioned this.

US Intelligence agencies may regularly monitor communications involving foreign adversaries, but they virtually never unmask the names of Americans inadvertently spied upon during those activities. It is a very big deal to unmask an American's name like happened here. And in this case it was followed up by something much worse, when someone committed a felony and leaked the information to the press.

So we have this:
1. Americans that were part of the Trump transition team were spied upon when talking to foreign government officials. I consider this questionable, but okay.
2. Someone in the Obama administration, in its last month, made the huge decision to unmask the name of Michael Flynn, and apparently other Trump team members too, which we will find out about later. This is highly suspicious, and bordering on a felony.
3. The Obama administration, in its last month, create a new rule allowing intelligence data like the conversation between Flynn and the Russian official, to be widely disseminated to other departments. There is no apparent reason why this was done, especially when Obama's administration was weeks from being over, anyway. My suspicion is that it was done solely to make it easier to leak the "inadvertent" spying on Flynn to the press.
4. Inevitably, the Flynn information is leaked to the press, with Flynn's name showing. The leaking of this kind of information is definitely a serious felony. If they catch the leaker, then that person is going to jail for 10 to 20 years.

If the other shoe drops on this one, then I think it is worse than Watergate, and Obama would just like Nixon, or worse.

gabosaurus
03-25-2017, 01:09 PM
What makes you think the Obama administration outed Flynn? Nunes has stated multiple times that there is no evidence of Obama being involved. If Flynn hadn't been doing Trump's business with the Russians, he wouldn't be involved in the first place.

Russ
03-25-2017, 01:20 PM
What makes you think the Obama administration outed Flynn? Nunes has stated multiple times that there is no evidence of Obama being involved. If Flynn hadn't been doing Trump's business with the Russians, he wouldn't be involved in the first place.

Mostly because of #3 above, where the Obama administration, it its last few days, created the new rule allowing intelligence data to be widely disseminated to other departments. There is no valid reason for them to do this, except to make it easier for information in the Trump administration to leak, and also make it harder for leakers to be found afterward. If Obama thought it was that good a rule, why didn't he do it 7 and a half years earlier? I think Obama by that time already new about the Flynn spying data, and wanted it to leak.

In regard to Flynn talking to the Russians, I don't know that there is anything wrong with that. I expect that lots of incoming administration people talk to people in other governments. Do you have any information that it is an improper or unusual thing for Flynn to talk to Russians? I don't.

Kathianne
03-25-2017, 02:28 PM
The move to 'widely disseminate' those intel memes, now we know with the names unmasked, came January 15-5 days before the inauguration. That it was unusual in any case is an understatement, that it happened that close to a change in administration is beyond suspicious.

It was the NYT that reported the date.

aboutime
03-25-2017, 04:57 PM

gabby. I see you are still ignoring the real facts. Flynn was UN-MASKED during Obama's last days in the W/H. And only the Obama administration had any reason to do so. Not to mention...the Unmasking of anyone concerned with a FISA warrant is a FELONY. The FISA idea is meant to CONCEAL the identifications of Americans who may be under scrutiny.
But none of you, or the Dems want to hear the TRUTH.