PDA

View Full Version : Bald Eagle Dismembered

Elessar
03-25-2017, 11:35 AM
This is sickening:

http://www.triplicate.com/news/localnews/5179709-151/bald-eagle-dismembered-dumped?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+CurryCoastalPilot+%28Curry+Co astal+Pilot%2C+Brookings+Oregon+News%29

I don't know how many members have seen these birds in the wild, but they are majestic.

darin
03-29-2017, 02:03 AM
You know they are called "bald" not from their head looking like it has no hair - but comes from an old word meaning "Crowned" - Crowned Eagle.

Elessar
03-29-2017, 11:03 AM
You know they are called "bald" not from their head looking like it has no hair - but comes from an old word meaning "Crowned" - Crowned Eagle.

Yeah, I knew that but perhaps others did not. Thanks!

Gunny
03-29-2017, 11:08 AM
Yeah, I knew that but perhaps others did not. Thanks!

Well there goes my theory I thought I was the only one that knew that. :laugh:

Elessar
03-29-2017, 11:32 AM
Well there goes my theory I thought I was the only one that knew that. :laugh:

Soooo....You are crowned?:laugh2:

Gunny
03-29-2017, 11:50 AM
Soooo....You are crowned?:laugh2:

Yeah, I'm "crowned" ass right. With a Schick razor. Don't you look at profiles? The pic in mine is me and my granddaughter. I'm about a tad skinnier now. :)

Elessar
03-29-2017, 12:13 PM
Yeah, I'm "crowned" ass right. With a Schick razor. Don't you look at profiles? The pic in mine is me and my granddaughter. I'm about a tad skinnier now. :)

Oh, I have looked. That is a very nice picture

jimnyc
03-29-2017, 01:16 PM
Pisses me off more than most would understand. I'd have shot the person with a crossbow if I were there, and had a crossbow, which I don't. And then you have those that shoot elephants, and rhino's and such, on preserves no less. :(

Gunny
03-30-2017, 06:18 AM
Pisses me off more than most would understand. I'd have shot the person with a crossbow if I were there, and had a crossbow, which I don't. And then you have those that shoot elephants, and rhino's and such, on preserves no less. :(

I confess to eating meat. but I go the grocery store for it. It's already there. I cannot stand animal cruelty. I may be mean to people (especially YOU) but I've never once been mean to an animal or a kid. Well, except when I was a kid and used to fight a lot. :) But it was never about being mean.

Isn't there a substantial fine for killing an eagle? You kill one here and your tail is going to jail and you'll be forking over some cash. They don't live down here though. Only time I recall seeing them was when I lived up north. I thought they were an endangered species? I really don't know. We have mocking birds and sparrows. The mocking bird is our state bird. You kill one of them? Have fun at the Bexar County Jail. Bubba will love you. "What are you here for? I killed a bird". That'll get you right to the top of the food chain.:laugh:

LongTermGuy
03-30-2017, 08:27 AM

Very Sad ...and understand...Shameful....Must of been one of those "Yes we can" America haters who are now crazed and seriously butt-hurt...

Elessar
03-30-2017, 08:38 AM
Isn't there a substantial fine for killing an eagle? You kill one here and your tail is going to jail and you'll be forking over some cash.

"Penalty of law

Penalties under federal law can include jail time and a fine of $100,000 or more."

They are not considered Endangered any longer, I believe. However they are a "Protected Species".

Elessar
03-30-2017, 12:10 PM
Adding the Bald and Golden Eagle Act.

From the US Fish and Wildlife Site: https://www.fws.gov/midwest/midwestbird/eaglepermits/bagepa.html