PDA

View Full Version : "Springfield homeowner pulls gun on armed invaders....."

LongTermGuy
03-26-2017, 10:06 AM
"According to Springfield Police, around 2 a.m., three men armed with guns entered a residence on the 800 block of Kings Drive and demanded money. Once inside, one of the homeowners fired one round at the suspects from a 9 mm semi-automatic handgun, according to police.

The suspects returned fire as they fled the residence and fired a shot back at the homeowner, striking him in the hand.

The suspects are described as three black men between 18 and 20 years of age wearing bandannas. One suspect is approximately 6 feet to 6 feet 2 inches tall, thin, and the other two suspects are described as shorter but heavier in weight.

Contact Springfield Police Department at 615-384-8422 or dispatch at 615-382-6863 if you have any information."

http://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/robertson/2017/03/25/springfield-home-owner-pulls-gun-armed-burglars/99617254/

jimnyc
03-26-2017, 10:12 AM
When I first read quickly I thought I read "striking him in the head" - but I also read he only had minor injuries. Had to re-read there. :)

sear
03-26-2017, 10:28 AM
This issue will be selling newspapers long after we celebrate the anniversary of Judgement Day.

Until then, anecdotes like this serve as an expedient for bias confirmation, the reinforcement of our own prejudice one way or the other.

But the reality may be more accurately revealed not by anecdote, but by statistic.
And most of the statistics I've read about it confirm that guns in private residences generally render the residents less safe.

However !!
Rarely have I seen stats that reveal the details:
- was the gun in the home kept unloaded, in a safe, where only those trained to use it safely had access?

- Was the gun kept in "Condition #3" or higher?

- etc.

Planet Earth is infested with pin-heads, and some of them shoot themselves in the foot.

Firearms / gun carry - mode of carry:

Condition 0 - A round is in the chamber, the hammer is cocked, and the safety is off.
Condition 1 - Also called "cocked and locked", this means that a round is in the chamber, the hammer is cocked, and the manual thumb safety is on.
Condition 2 - A round is in the chamber, the hammer is uncocked.
Condition 3 - There is no round in the chamber, the hammer is uncocked but a fully loaded magazine is inserted in the mag well.
Condition 4 - The chamber is empty, the hammer is uncocked and there is no magazine inserted in the mag well: source - Thorsen

LongTermGuy
03-26-2017, 02:59 PM
.......3 africans took the time to find that particular house... plan on what to do once they get inside... took the time to load three guns... then they picked a night... and got into the house...

Then one guy with a gun shoots off one shot... and the africans run away... most likely shooting wildly into the air as they ran away in their little skirts...

One bullet, most likely ricocheted and hit the home owner in the hand...I have a question for the congressional black circus,blm, Naacp and al sharpie. How and when are you going to get off your over paid freeloading ass's and address the violent tribal attitude of the black male?`