PDA

View Full Version : What Is Everyone's Favorite Drink?

nevadamedic
08-03-2007, 11:41 PM
What are your favorites in these three catagories Beer, Mixed Drinks and Wine.

Beer would have to be Corona with a lime. Coors, Coors light and Bud taste like piss water.

I don't really like mixed drinks all that much, but I can tolerate a drink that one of our night clubs makes it's called a Bubinga Punch and it is served in a huge fish bowl and has 8 or 9 different kinds of alcohol in it.

Wine, I don't like at all.

manu1959
08-03-2007, 11:50 PM
beer = boddingtons

mixed = gin and tonic

wine = red

prefer red wine

OCA
08-04-2007, 07:53 AM

Beer would have to be Corona with a lime. Coors, Coors light and Bud taste like piss water.

I don't really like mixed drinks all that much, but I can tolerate a drink that one of our night clubs makes it's called a Bubinga Punch and it is served in a huge fish bowl and has 8 or 9 different kinds of alcohol in it.

Wine, I don't like at all.

Mine is drinking the blood of needy geek internet tough guys, currently i'm enjoying a cold one.

diuretic
08-04-2007, 08:18 AM
Beer - Cascade Premiums Lager (Hobart, Tasmania)
Mixed - Whiskey Sour
Wine - White - Amberley chenin blanc (Margaret River, Western Australia)
Red - Bowen Estate Shiraz (Coonawarra, South Australia)

Trinity
08-04-2007, 08:21 AM
Beer - eww
Mixed drink - Vodka and cranberry
wine - white

jackass
08-04-2007, 07:39 PM
Beer - Bass, Killians Red or Yuenling are my favs.

Mixed drink - I guess a Tom Collins.

Wine - I leave that for the ladies to drink.

Trigg
08-04-2007, 07:43 PM
Beer- MGD

Mixed drink- white russian, amareto sour

wine - not a fan

LiberalNation
08-04-2007, 08:05 PM
I like sweet mixed drinks. Beer yuck. Wine don't really like it either. But seein as I can't purchace liquor myself I take what I can get.

nevadamedic
08-04-2007, 08:07 PM
I like sweet mixed drinks. Beer yuck. Wine don't really like it either. But seein as I can't purchace liquor myself I take what I can get.

So you drink Virgin Pina Colada's? :laugh2:

CockySOB
08-04-2007, 08:14 PM
Beer - Guinness
Mixed - Diet Coke & rum; or, orange juice & Parrot Bay
Wine - white zinfandel

Those would be my "comfort" drinks.

Pale Rider
08-04-2007, 08:20 PM

Just shut the fuck up. No one cares.

Since you've been sporting that burning American flag avatar, people here would rather spit in your face and kick you to the gutter as listen to you.

LiberalNation
08-04-2007, 08:25 PM
Now, now, lets not go an ruin NM's neutral thread with this stuff.

Pale Rider
08-04-2007, 08:27 PM
Now, now, lets not go an ruin NM's neutral thread with this stuff.

Then keep your rancid, flithy, America hating, ass out of it.

LiberalNation
08-04-2007, 08:29 PM
lol, no.

nevadamedic
08-04-2007, 08:40 PM
Are you guys going to fight in every thread on the board?

PostmodernProphet
08-04-2007, 10:49 PM
beer = substitute Mike's Hard Lemonade instead

mixed = gin and tonic

wine = Two Buck Chuck

OCA
08-04-2007, 10:51 PM
Just shut the fuck up. No one cares.

Since you've been sporting that burning American flag avatar, people here would rather spit in your face and kick you to the gutter as listen to you.

I think she drinks scat juice Pale.

OCA
08-04-2007, 10:52 PM
Are you guys going to fight in every thread on the board?

Who gives a fuck what you ask or think. STFU until someone speaks directly to you.

Pale Rider
08-05-2007, 12:07 AM
lol, no.

You stink up the board, you filthy America hater.

nevadamedic
08-05-2007, 12:58 PM
Does anyone have any recipies for mixed drinks that they came up that are any good?

nevadamedic
08-05-2007, 01:02 PM
Here is a really good one that I used when I used to bartend.......

Sex On My Face

1/2 oz Yukon Jack® Canadian whisky
1/2 oz Malibu® coconut rum
1/2 oz Southern Comfort® peach liqueur
1/2 oz banana liqueur (I used 99 Bannana's as it is the strongest Banana liquor.)
1 splash cranberry juice
1 splash pineapple juice
1 splash orange juice

Mix in tall glass w/ice.

That is for one serving. I would put more then a splash of each juice in. It is actually really good and I don't like mixed drinks.

nevadamedic
08-05-2007, 01:05 PM
Here is another one that I messed around with.

Vodka
Triple sec
Cranberry juice

Traditional Cosmo, but then add Chambord Raspberry Liquor. It come's out awesome! All the customers at the bar would prefer it that way.

Trigg
08-05-2007, 01:08 PM
Does anyone have any recipies for mixed drinks that they came up that are any good?

Here's one that I like and it tastes like a rootbeer float.

3 shots- Dr. McGillicuddys vanilla schnaps
1 full can diet coke/pepsi (has to be diet or the taste is off)
splash of milk to make it a caromell color.

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:laug h2:

nevadamedic
08-05-2007, 01:09 PM
Another one I tweaked a little was the Pina Colada recipe. You change the Rum with Malibu Coconut Rum and add Milk. You can't taste the Alcohol, and it comes out really good.

Also if you like Bloody Mary's use Absolut Peppar Vodka and it comes out much better.

Here's another Bloody Mary Recipe that comes out really well too.......

2 oz vodka
8 oz tomato juice
1/4 tsp celery salt
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 olive
1 dash black peppers
1 - 2 dashes cayenne peppers
1 dash salt
1/4 tsp Tabasco® sauce
1/4 - 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce

Black Lance
08-05-2007, 10:55 PM
Here's one that I like and it tastes like a rootbeer float.

3 shots- Dr. McGillicuddys vanilla schnaps
1 full can diet coke/pepsi (has to be diet or the taste is off)
splash of milk to make it a caromell color.

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:laug h2:

So your recipe amounts to spiked vanilla coke with milk in it? Ugh...

Black Lance
08-05-2007, 10:56 PM

Vanilla vodka and orange pop. It creates a nice orange creme taste, can be made gentle or hard, and both sexes will drink it.

Black Lance
08-05-2007, 10:58 PM

Beer: Bombadier, a British ale.

Mixed Drink: Yeager bomb.

Wine: Red wine, nor strong preference.

nevadamedic
08-05-2007, 11:04 PM
You guys should try Absynth. It's illegal to sell in the states so you have to order it online from Europe. I just bought a couple bottles and it's the strongest stuff I have ever had, I can see why it's illegal here. My friend who I have never seen get drunk as he drinks a lot got drunk pretty fast on this one.

nevadamedic
08-05-2007, 11:08 PM

There's nothing wrong with it if that's what she likes..........:cheers2:

actsnoblemartin
08-05-2007, 11:15 PM
Sprite :)

nevadamedic
08-05-2007, 11:18 PM
Sprite :)

Figures, you probably drink Virgin drinks too eh? I mean that title describes you as well, so you both have something in common! :laugh2:

PostmodernProphet
08-06-2007, 06:44 AM
you got a problem with non-alchoholic beverages?.....

here's one I recommend, just out recently.....

Java Monster is a canned beverage in the Monster energy drink line that is coffee based....tastes better than any cold beverage at Starbucks and costs half as much.....

nevadamedic
08-06-2007, 10:02 AM
you got a problem with non-alchoholic beverages?.....

here's one I recommend, just out recently.....

Java Monster is a canned beverage in the Monster energy drink line that is coffee based....tastes better than any cold beverage at Starbucks and costs half as much.....

No problem with it at all, this was about your favorite alcoholic beverage. :poke:

diuretic
08-06-2007, 10:21 AM
No problem with it at all, this was about your favorite alcoholic beverage. :poke:

Boom-boom *rimshot* :laugh2:

dan
08-06-2007, 10:34 AM
Rum & coke is my favorite. Simple, I know, but effective. Also, unlike most other drinks I've drank to major excess (:puke3:), I can still drink rum and not mind the taste.

I usually just get Bacardi, but lately I've been drinking Sailor Jerry, it's just as good as any other rum, about the same price as Bacardi, and has a higher alcohol content. Plus, the label makes it look like some old-time pirate rum, which is always fun.

nevadamedic
08-06-2007, 10:39 AM
Rum & coke is my favorite. Simple, I know, but effective. Also, unlike most other drinks I've drank to major excess (:puke3:), I can still drink rum and not mind the taste.

I usually just get Bacardi, but lately I've been drinking Sailor Jerry, it's just as good as any other rum, about the same price as Bacardi, and has a higher alcohol content. Plus, the label makes it look like some old-time pirate rum, which is always fun.

Malibu is the only good rum there is. Although Bacardi 151 it pretty cool as you can use it to light fires and make flaming drinks.:coffee:

Sitarro
08-06-2007, 10:42 AM
I don't drink a lot anymore but I do like a "Fat Tire Ale" sometimes.

When my cat Spriggens was killed by a copperhead (she was sixteen and a bit out of practice otherwise I'm sure that shit snake would have been headless on the front porch the next morning), I drank most of a bottle of Ouzo..... straight, on the rocks and with orange juice for vitamin C. I really like Pernod Ricard as a great summer drink. Watch out with that and Ouzo, both will kick your ass but the Ricard is even stronger. You absolutely must mix it with at least half and half with clean cold water and drop ice on the mixture...... very refreshing with an unbelievable kick, seriously sneaks up on you.

Wine.... I like Pinot Noir from California. But what I really love, manu may have been there, is Madeira from the V. Satuii winery in St. Helena, California. Satuii's Cabarnets are excellent too. Their winery is located just as you enter St. Helena from the south, on your right. They have a gift shop and deli where you can taste the different wines, pick up some cheese and a bottle and go onto the grounds and enjoy the experience. Obviously I was very impressed with the place and I end up ordering from them a couple of times a year. http://www.vsattui.com/

As for LN commenting on not liking wine....why am I not at all surprised?:laugh2:

nevadamedic
08-06-2007, 10:52 AM
I don't drink a lot anymore but I do like a "Fat Tire Ale" sometimes.

When my cat Spriggens was killed by a copperhead (she was sixteen and a bit out of practice otherwise I'm sure that shit snake would have been headless on the front porch the next morning), I drank most of a bottle of Ouzo..... straight, on the rocks and with orange juice for vitamin C. I really like Pernod Ricard as a great summer drink. Watch out with that and Ouzo, both will kick your ass but the Ricard is even stronger. You absolutely must mix it with at least half and half with clean cold water and drop ice on the mixture...... very refreshing with an unbelievable kick, seriously sneaks up on you.

Wine.... I like Pinot Noir from California. But what I really love, manu may have been there, is Madeira from the V. Satuii winery in St. Helena, California. Satuii's Cabarnets are excellent too. Their winery is located just as you enter St. Helena from the south, on your right. They have a gift shop and deli where you can taste the different wines, pick up some cheese and a bottle and go onto the grounds and enjoy the experience. Obviously I was very impressed with the place and I end up ordering from them a couple of times a year. http://www.vsattui.com/

As for LN commenting on not liking wine....why am I not at all surprised?:laugh2:

Actually there is a wine ive tried that I like. It tasted exactly like Grape Juice no wine taste at all. It was a desert wine, I have no clue what it was, I wish I could remember because it was really good.

diuretic
08-06-2007, 10:59 AM
Actually there is a wine ive tried that I like. It tasted exactly like Grape Juice no wine taste at all. It was a desert wine, I have no clue what it was, I wish I could remember because it was really good.

Red or white? There's a nice red from Cyprus, Commanderia, that's a bit like that.

dan
08-06-2007, 12:11 PM
Malibu is the only good rum there is.
:gay:

nevadamedic
08-06-2007, 03:10 PM

Your coming out of the closet? Wow.

OCA
08-06-2007, 03:31 PM
Red or white? There's a nice red from Cyprus, Commanderia, that's a bit like that.

Thats a desert wine, goes well with fruits such as watermelon and canteloupe.

OCA
08-06-2007, 03:32 PM
Your coming out of the closet? Wow.

Another prime example of the majority of Nevada's posts.

CockySOB
08-06-2007, 04:44 PM
Malibu is the only good rum there is. Although Bacardi 151 it pretty cool as you can use it to light fires and make flaming drinks.:coffee:

You have no idea what rum is supposed to taste like, do you?

Sitarro
08-06-2007, 05:03 PM

Are you going to ever eat that chip or are you just going to keep playing salsa shark with it? It's making me hungry.

OCA
08-06-2007, 05:43 PM

I was thinking the same thing too Cocky!:laugh2:

Probably thinks Gallo is a great wine and Miller Lite is a kick ass brew!

Sitarro
08-06-2007, 05:52 PM

OCA....Ouzo?

diuretic
08-06-2007, 05:54 PM
Thats a desert wine, goes well with fruits such as watermelon and canteloupe.

And an excellent wine it is. Actually I thought of another one a mate of mine put me onto years ago - Mavrodaphne from Patras in western Greece. He and I gave it a real belting one night and next day, not even a hint of a hangover, quite amazing. :cool:

CockySOB
08-06-2007, 06:26 PM

Sad, but likely true. Not to be too harsh on Malibu - it WAS a decent drink for a low-end, mass-produced market, just like Boone's Farm and Bud Light (or Miller Lite).

Abbey Marie
08-06-2007, 10:01 PM
Summer:
Gin & Tonic with Bombay Sapphire or Tanqueray. I'm no connoisseur of alcohol, but these taste good to me.
http://redstandard.org/reasoninrevolt/Bombay_sapphire_milton_glaser.jpg

Fall/Winter:

http://library.bevnetwork.com/bottles/410/t_20332.jpg

Anytime:

http://www.ratebeer.com/beerimages/1478.jpg

and:

http://www.cellartracker.com/labels/25523.jpg

Psychoblues
08-07-2007, 12:15 AM
Banana Pudding. What the hell is wrong with that?

nevadamedic
08-07-2007, 12:21 AM

Yes I do, I just don't like rum, I love Malibu because it tastes like Coconut.

dan
08-07-2007, 05:50 AM
Banana Pudding. What the hell is wrong with that?

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2: Weirdest post ever. And I mean that as a compliment.

dan
08-07-2007, 05:51 AM
Are you going to ever eat that chip or are you just going to keep playing salsa shark with it? It's making me hungry.

If it stops moving, it dies.:laugh2:

Sitarro
08-07-2007, 10:22 AM
If it stops moving, it dies.:laugh2:

good one:laugh2::laugh2:.:laugh2:

Hagbard Celine
08-07-2007, 11:15 AM
When I was in Belgium this summer, I had a drink called "caipirinha." It's made with a liquor called Cachaça, made from the juice of sugar cane. The drink also includes lots of fresh-squeezed lime. It was by far, the best drink I've ever had. I've since found out that it's the national cocktail of Brazil. Anybody ever had one? I definately recommend.

Outside of getting my hands on cachaça, which has proven hard to find in my area, My favs are as follows:

Beer: Corona Light, Blue Moon, New Castle
Wine: I prefer red, but I do enjoy a crisp white from time to time.
Liquor: Cuba Libre or gin and tonic.

dan
08-07-2007, 11:34 AM
I had some kind of liquor made from sugar cane, but I can't remember what it was. It was Mexican, I believe. The bartender at the local Mexican restaurant has gotten to be a buddy of mine, and he occassionally brings in some off-the-wall liquor from his home country that he makes me try.

I forgot to add that the stuff I had was very good, TOO good, really, as it went down very smooth but had a strong kick to it.

Abbey Marie
08-07-2007, 11:43 AM
Bellinis are quite good, too.

Sitarro
08-07-2007, 11:54 AM
Bellinis are quite good, too.

Yea, Bellinis are a great drink for a first date.:laugh2::laugh2::coffee:

nevadamedic
08-07-2007, 12:20 PM

ummm Genious the only Beers I like are Corona, Heinekin and Fat Tire.

nevadamedic
08-07-2007, 12:21 PM
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale is good to.

nevadamedic
08-07-2007, 12:21 PM
Also Mike's Hard Lemonade and Jack Daniel's Coolers are really good.

Kathianne
08-07-2007, 12:26 PM
I had some kind of liquor made from sugar cane, but I can't remember what it was. It was Mexican, I believe. The bartender at the local Mexican restaurant has gotten to be a buddy of mine, and he occassionally brings in some off-the-wall liquor from his home country that he makes me try.

I forgot to add that the stuff I had was very good, TOO good, really, as it went down very smooth but had a strong kick to it.

I found this, which sounds alot like rum, which you are fond of, no? It's Brazilian:

Cachaca

Note, it's an 'education' site, lol!

http://www.american.edu/TED/cachaca.htm

Identification

The Issue:
Unknown to many outside Brazil, the cultural significance of cachaça, a distilled liquor, ranks among soccer, carnival, and samba. Although non-Brazilian’s compare cachaça to rum, their only similarity is that they both originate from sugarcane. Cachaça first gained popularity among slaves and peasants during Brazil’s colonial period but the spirit has recently become a favorite domestically and internationally regardless of the drinker’s class. Also, Brazilian cachaça exports to Europe and the United States have been aided by the trendy drink caipirinha. The cocktail’s global success has inspired other Caribbean and South American states to produce their own cachaça-like alcohols. Consequently, the Brazilian government has initiated protectionist measures at home and abroad to preserve cachaça’s foreign markets. These developments bring together cachaça’s trade, cultural, and environmental aspects.

Description:
No one knows for sure who began cachaça production, but everyone agrees that it began somewhere between 1530 and 1550. Around this time, sugarcane had been introduced to Brazil as a cash crop by their colonial motherland Portugal. Slaves, who planted and harvested the sugarcane, were given leftover cane juice from the milling process and let it ferment to produce an alcoholic beverage. As an incentive, plantation owners often promised slaves this fermented cane juice once they had completed their work. Eventually, someone realized that by boiling the fermented juice a more potent libation Cachaca Distillationwas produced, marking the birth of cachaça. At this point, wealthy Brazilians regarded cachaça as a poor man’s drink and thus preferred European alternatives. However, this did not stop cachaça from becoming an integral part of Brazilian culture. It is estimated Brazilians consume close to 350 million gallons of cachaça per year – about two gallons per person.

There are roughly 30,000 small producers along with a few handfuls of large cachaça producers in Brazil. Because the distillation process is relatively easy compared to other liquors and because sugarcane is so abundant in Brazil, the business can be is open to anyone. Sugarcane is first milled to extract its juice, then fermented for about 24 hours, and finally boiled until it an 80-proof substance emerges. Cachaça is usually bottled soon after distillation but some have tried to fashion new varieties by aging cachaça much like whiskey. The Brazilian legislation indicates that cachaça must be aged for at least one year in barrels no larger than 700 liters for the legitimate use of the “aged” appellation. Brazilians aging their cachaça use a variety of woods for their barrels, including Brazilian woods such as imburana, cedar, freijó, and jequitibá and American and European oak, which give the liquor a smoother, rounder taste. In addition, a third type of cachaça, called “yellow” cachaça, is made by merely adding caramel or wood extracts directly into the drink without aging causing the cachaça to have a much sweeter taste. Regardless of the variety, cachaça should not be confused with rum, which is distilled from the molasses left over after sugar refinement. However, the mistake is made; cachaça imports into the United States are taxed as rum and cachaça is sometimes referred to as Brazilian rum.

Cachaça’s export capability was uncertain until the caipirinha became a bestseller in bars across Europe, United States, and Japan. The cocktail combines crushed limes, sugar, ice, and cachaça to produce a sweet and zesty flavor packed with alcoholic intensity. But since cachaça and caipirinha were associated with drunkness and the lower classes, not until recently when the drinks began to be marketed as fun, exciting, and tropical have exports grown....

nevadamedic
08-07-2007, 12:29 PM
Blow Jobs are pretty good too, same with screaming orgasm's ;)

dan
08-07-2007, 12:35 PM
ummm Genious the only Beers I like are Corona, Heinekin and Fat Tire.

What's Fat Tire?

dan
08-07-2007, 12:37 PM
I found this, which sounds alot like rum, which you are fond of, no? It's Brazilian:

Cachaca

Note, it's an 'education' site, lol!

You had me then you lost me!:laugh2:

That may actually be what I had. I'll talk to mi amigo at Teresa's next time I'm in there.

Kathianne
08-07-2007, 12:38 PM
You had me then you lost me!:laugh2:

That may actually be what I had. I'll talk to mi amigo at Teresa's next time I'm in there.

Look at the 'link', I think it's a university, where 'serious study' of liquor is not suprising. :laugh2:

nevadamedic
08-07-2007, 12:42 PM
What's Fat Tire?

Beer, Dark Beer.

dan
08-07-2007, 12:47 PM
Look at the 'link', I think it's a university, where 'serious study' of liquor is not suprising. :laugh2:

And to think I wasted the best five years of my life studying English!:laugh2:

Kathianne
08-07-2007, 12:49 PM
And to think I wasted the best five years of my life studying English!:laugh2:

Is there anything more entertaining than quoting Shakespeare with 3 rum and Cokes inside of one? :cheers2:

nevadamedic
08-07-2007, 01:18 PM
Is there anything more entertaining than quoting Shakespeare with 3 rum and Cokes inside of one? :cheers2:

Shakespeare is pretty good. I was in Romeo and Juliet when I was in school. I like some of the movies they made loosely on his plays like A Mid Summer Nights Rave it's obvious what that is based after and She's The Man based on Twelfth Night.

dan
08-08-2007, 05:54 AM
Shakespeare's good, but not good to read after 3 R&C's! That's Hemingway time, there.:D

Abbey Marie
08-08-2007, 08:22 AM
Shakespeare's good, but not good to read after 3 R&C's! That's Hemingway time, there.:D

If I had 3 rum & cokes, the only thing I'd be reading is the inside of my eyelids. :coffee:

diuretic
08-08-2007, 08:54 AM
If I had 3 rum & cokes, the only thing I'd be reading is the inside of my eyelids. :coffee:

Years ago (when I was much younger) I was in a pub in an outback town I worked in and me and a mate sat down at a table (it was a rather nice pub witih waiting staff in the lounge and dining room). The waitress (whom we knew) came over and asked what we would have to drink. My mate looked up at the waitress and said:

"Jug*of scotch and coke please Vera, " and then he looked at me, "and what are you having?" :D

(*you might call it a "pitcher")

dan
08-08-2007, 09:48 AM

:laugh2:

For me, it depends on the setting. For example, if I sit down at home by myself and have a drink while I watch a movie or something, yeah, put puts me to sleep, but if I'm in a bar, I can drink quite a few. I don't know how many, I'm kind of over my "I've had _____ drinks tonight!!!!!!!!!!" phase.

dan
08-08-2007, 09:55 AM
Here's something I've never gotten: mixed drinks or shots with Red Bull in them. Liquor plus energy drink, not a good combo. Nothing like being so drunk you want to pass out, but being unable to for hours!

Abbey Marie
08-08-2007, 12:13 PM
:laugh2:

For me, it depends on the setting. For example, if I sit down at home by myself and have a drink while I watch a movie or something, yeah, put puts me to sleep, but if I'm in a bar, I can drink quite a few. I don't know how many, I'm kind of over my "I've had _____ drinks tonight!!!!!!!!!!" phase.

I'm glad you're past that stage!

I'm a total lightweight- one G&T and I'm ready to nap. I can have two glasses of wine, though, if it's with dinner.

dan
08-08-2007, 12:53 PM
I'm glad you're past that stage!

I'm a total lightweight- one G&T and I'm ready to nap. I can have two glasses of wine, though, if it's with dinner.

That's funny, because wine knocks me out like no other alcohol can.

hjmick
08-08-2007, 12:59 PM
Grape Flavor Aid.

emmett
08-10-2007, 12:25 AM

Blow your nose!

emmett
08-10-2007, 12:26 AM
Sweet Tea with 4 lemon wedges.

I don't drink!

Trigg
08-10-2007, 12:54 PM

Don't knock it till ya try it. It's good IMO, tastes like rootbeer