PDA

View Full Version : Do you love your printer?

Abbey Marie
03-26-2017, 05:27 PM
Or hate it? We are about to buy a new one...
thanks for your opinions!

jimnyc
03-26-2017, 06:26 PM

I'm in a similar boat. If it were just me I would get a good black and white laser printer, as I don't really ever have a need for color. But most do I'm sure, and there are just too many options out there for laser and laserjet and what not.

HP Officejet J4680 All in one - it's a scanner and printer and fax all in one. I scan every now and again, but mostly only printing. And keep in mind the replacement cartridges, and the cost of them! I wouldn't rate mine very high.

Abbey Marie
03-26-2017, 06:57 PM
I like to have the built in flatbed copier. The biggest issue here is it seems like we spend a fortune on ink too frequently. We don't even print much.

Kathianne
03-27-2017, 12:52 AM
I have a HP all-in-one, not laser. It's fine, but I must say I don't think about these things til they don't work. Sorta like a car or shoulder. It uses ink cartridges, which I order in two paks from Amazon.

Abbey Marie
03-27-2017, 10:17 AM
I have a HP all-in-one, not laser. It's fine, but I must say I don't think about these things til they don't work. Sorta like a car or shoulder. It uses ink cartridges, which I order in two paks from Amazon.

Not happy with how often we need to buy ink. I'm hoping that a new printer will be a bit less expensive. I'm about to print lots of ancestor records.

Kathianne
03-27-2017, 04:47 PM
Not happy with how often we need to buy ink. I'm hoping that a new printer will be a bit less expensive. I'm about to print lots of ancestor records.

I replace my cartridges about every 4 months-give or take. That was for 4 cartridges-2 black, 2 color. Seems reasonable?

HP 61 Black & Tri-color Original Ink Cartridges, 2 pack (CR259FN)
Sold by: Amazon.com LLC
$32.49

Abbey Marie
03-27-2017, 05:58 PM
I replace my cartridges about every 4 months-give or take. That was for 4 cartridges-2 black, 2 color. Seems reasonable?

HP 61 Black & Tri-color Original Ink Cartridges, 2 pack (CR259FN)
Sold by: Amazon.com LLC
$32.49

Thats not bad. I generally don't print much, yet it runs out sooner than that.

KarlMarx
03-27-2017, 06:08 PM

I bought a Cannon wireless printer... best $65 I ever spent

Kathianne
03-27-2017, 06:15 PM
I bought a Cannon wireless printer... best $65 I ever spent

Yeah, mines wireless too! Love that! I had a Cannon years ago, was touchy-too many paper jams and I had problems finding the ink. I'll keep your remark in mind when this one bites the dust.

Abbey Marie
03-27-2017, 06:47 PM
Thanks for the advice. We just got an Epson wireless.

Kathianne
03-27-2017, 06:56 PM
Enjoy!

Black Diamond
03-27-2017, 11:10 PM
Crazy times. This new age.....

LongTermGuy
03-27-2017, 11:20 PM
I like to have the built in flatbed copier. The biggest issue here is it seems like we spend a fortune on ink too frequently. We don't even print much.

​Agree Abbey...spend big time on ink...and not that much printing..I have an ESPEN XP-600 PRINTER...FAX...COPY...SCAN...ALWAYS USE BLACK...Have two color options I dont use...but for some reason they still get low...Poor Ink mileage sucks..

LongTermGuy
03-27-2017, 11:25 PM

I just might do the same....:)