PDA

View Full Version : WTF is this trend of harpy Anglo woman bosses killing work-from-home ?

tailfins
03-27-2017, 08:42 AM
First Marissa Mayer "makes headlines" by killing work-from-home at Yahoo. Now it's Michelle Peluso doing even worse at IBM. It's just a good idea to get out of doing projects for any ill-tempered, credit-stealing, perception-managing, finger-pointing, blame-shifting, destructive harpy pushy Anglo woman.

IBM's Marissa Mayer moment: Staff ordered to work in one of 6 main offices – or face the axe

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/02/08/ibm_no_more_telecommuting/

So, for example, if you live and work somewhere in New York state but your team is primarily based in California, you'll have to move across the country to the West Coast, or walk the plank. If you do up sticks, you can expect a small moving allowance and no guarantee of a pay rise if you shift to a more expensive city.

NightTrain
03-27-2017, 12:35 PM
First Marissa Mayer "makes headlines" by killing work-from-home at Yahoo. Now it's Michelle Peluso doing even worse at IBM. It's just a good idea to get out of doing projects for any ill-tempered, credit-stealing, perception-managing, finger-pointing, blame-shifting, destructive harpy pushy Anglo woman.

IBM's Marissa Mayer moment: Staff ordered to work in one of 6 main offices – or face the axe

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/02/08/ibm_no_more_telecommuting/

Why do you care? How will this affect you in any way?

tailfins
03-27-2017, 12:48 PM
Why do you care? How will this affect you in any way?

If this becomes a "thing", getting work from home days will get more difficult since in most companies this is manager driven. This nice Asian girl that I work with, but has a different manager than I, was led to believe that she would get work from home days by the Director when she interviewed, but her manager used her managerial discretion to yank her wfh days.

aboutime
03-27-2017, 02:58 PM
Why does it matter to you? What does being a woman have to do with your fears, or complaints. SHE or HE is the BOSS. If you want to work somewhere. You do as the Boss says, and company policy dictates.
Sounds to me like you are against WOMEN who make rules in employment.

YOUR PROBLEM....NOT THEIRS!

tailfins
03-27-2017, 03:08 PM
Why does it matter to you? What does being a woman have to do with your fears, or complaints. SHE or HE is the BOSS. If you want to work somewhere. You do as the Boss says, and company policy dictates.
Sounds to me like you are against WOMEN who make rules in employment.

YOUR PROBLEM....NOT THEIRS!

I'm not low skilled. The market let's me pick what projects I work on and for whom I work. I coached that co-worker how to pressure the company for a 22% raise. While harpies like to TRY to abuse men, they treat passive women even worse. I'm "Mr. Diversity"! I help protect Latino/as, Asians, disabled and other protected classes.

aboutime
03-27-2017, 03:13 PM
I'm not low skilled. The market let's me pick what projects I work on and for whom I work. I coached that co-worker how to pressure the company for a 22% raise. While harpies like to TRY to abuse men, they treat passive women even worse. I'm "Mr. Diversity"! I help protect Latino/as, Asians, disabled and other protected classes.

Listen doofus. Show me in my post where I said anything about you being low skilled.

You still haven't chosen to address what I said about your adversity toward Women who may be Boss' or CEO's. If YOU work for them. Whether they are male, or female. IF YOU want to keep your job, or position. YOU DO WHAT THE BOSS, and COMPANY SAY.
Truth is. Your ARROGANCE gets in the way, and you can't handle being told YOU ARE WRONG.

tailfins
03-27-2017, 03:55 PM
Listen doofus. Show me in my post where I said anything about you being low skilled.

You still haven't chosen to address what I said about your adversity toward Women who may be Boss' or CEO's. If YOU work for them. Whether they are male, or female. IF YOU want to keep your job, or position. YOU DO WHAT THE BOSS, and COMPANY SAY.
Truth is. Your ARROGANCE gets in the way, and you can't handle being told YOU ARE WRONG.

It''s excellence, not obedience that pays the bills in the gig economy. Obedience gets you a pat on the head, a layoff slip, and maybe a severance check if you train your replacement.

gabosaurus
03-27-2017, 04:28 PM
WTF is this trend of dysfunctional Anglo men posting misogynist threads on DP?

Black Diamond
03-27-2017, 04:30 PM
shut up and make me a sandwich.

gabosaurus
03-27-2017, 04:35 PM
http://tothedeathmedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/slap-sandwich-woman-man-wititudes.jpg

tailfins
03-27-2017, 04:53 PM

Protecting passive women from destructive women is not misogeny.

aboutime
03-27-2017, 06:53 PM
It''s excellence, not obedience that pays the bills in the gig economy. Obedience gets you a pat on the head, a layoff slip, and maybe a severance check if you train your replacement.

Why don't you just come here and admit....you are a failure, unless you can control everyone who OFFENDS, INSULTS, DISAGREE'S, or SPEAKS THE TRUTH to you???

darin
03-29-2017, 01:18 AM
this seems like a non-issue. If employees dont like it - find other work.

gabosaurus
03-29-2017, 10:38 AM
https://i.imgflip.com/1mbbaf.jpg

Gunny
03-29-2017, 12:57 PM
http://tothedeathmedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/slap-sandwich-woman-man-wititudes.jpgPersonally? I think it's the wrong time of the month for a couple of guys. :laugh: I mean for real? "Oh, there's a moody chick". Figure that one out on your own, einstein? Or do you have a handbook? When they get moody you hide. You just kill me. It's like "I'm going to mow the lawn 20 streets over." Did you just invent dumb. or what?

jimnyc
03-29-2017, 01:22 PM
Personally? I think it's the wrong time of the month for a couple of guys. :laugh: I mean for real? "Oh, there's a moody chick". Figure that one out on your own, einstein? Or do you have a handbook? When they get moody you hide. You just kill me. It's like "I'm going to mow the lawn 20 streets over." Did you just invent dumb. or what?

It took me a few years of marriage to understand the moody thing, and to comprehend that I can't possibly beat a woman.

Then we went house shopping, and I made sure to get one with a spare upstairs bedroom - with a lock on the door. And that's now my computer room - and - my hide from the wife room. :)

aboutime
03-29-2017, 01:25 PM
It took me a few years of marriage to understand the moody thing, and to comprehend that I can't possibly beat a woman.

Then we went house shopping, and I made sure to get one with a spare upstairs bedroom - with a lock on the door. And that's now my computer room - and - my hide from the wife room. :)

jim. It appears, from the many loony responses from gabby; ALL OF US here should take up a collection, and give it to gabby's smarter half...to purchase a YEAR'S supply of TAMPAX, or KOTEX products....if, for nothing else..TO SAVE US ALL FROM HER PREDICTABLE WRATH.:laugh:

Gunny
03-29-2017, 01:33 PM

I LIVE in the spare upstairs bedroom. I just quit asking questioning and/or arguing. You're going to lose so why bother? :laugh: Just going to get my a$$ kicked. :laugh:

sear
03-29-2017, 01:46 PM
Some say one of the things a divorce has in common with a hurricane is, either way he's gunna lose the house.

In 1981 when my divorce was finalized, she & I had been living in an apartment.
I didn't buy a house until after the ink was dry on the divorce decree.

So I can pass gas in any room of the house, with only self-criticism to look forward to.

Black Diamond
03-29-2017, 03:00 PM
Some say one of the things a divorce has in common with a hurricane is, either way he's gunna lose the house.

In 1981 when my divorce was finalized, she & I had been living in an apartment.
I didn't buy a house until after the ink was dry on the divorce decree.

So I can pass gas in any room of the house, with only self-criticism to look forward to.
You probably brought out the worst in her. That seems to be one of your talents.