View Full Version : Does Anyone Here..

Elessar
03-27-2017, 01:30 PM
..believe in ghosts or spirits?

Encounters?

Observations?

Black Diamond
03-27-2017, 01:42 PM
Spirits, demons, and the devil for sure.

NightTrain
03-27-2017, 04:00 PM

Encounters?

Observations?

I've heard some hair-raising stories from my Uncles about such things... the scariest one was about a young woman who was on the run from something, and stopped into my Grandpa's bar, The Gateway in Wisconsin back in the '60s. Supposedly the hotel area was haunted above the bar and they'd hear footsteps, noises and the like up there when no one was up there. Things would get moved around in the rooms, knocked over, stuff like that.

Anyway, this girl needed a job for a couple of weeks for traveling money. She didn't talk about where she was from or where she was heading, she was keeping a low profile and my family respected that. She did a good job waitressing and working the bar, so that was all that mattered - her business was her business.

One night she was walking back from a table carrying a load of dishes to the kitchen, and she dropped the tray and gave a terrified squeak with a horrified look on her face and said "Oh my God, they're here. They've found me!".

My Uncle was bartending asked her what she was talking about, and she motioned to the back door (which was at the other side of the building and she couldn't have seen anything - it was back on the other side of the kitchen) so my Uncle walked back to the rear door and looked outside - and there were twin Dobermans sitting there, side by side looking up at him, waiting in the small bit of light outside the door. There was something in their manner that was not normal... they were intelligent. It kinda creeped my Uncle out, and he walked back and told her what he'd seen. She just nodded, clearly terrified and acted like she knew that's what he'd see, and finished her shift that night.

She never showed up for work the next day and never picked up her paycheck - just disappeared. I don't know how Dobermans figure into this kind of stuff, but it's spooky!

I've always been curious as to what kind of trouble she'd gotten herself into and who was chasing her and why... and what became of her.

Anyway, I've never observed anything supernatural of ghosts and such, but I believe they exist. Seems to me that when someone has a terrible death, they don't 'go to the light' and are afraid to cross over.

Exorcisms scare the bejesus out of me... I've watched a lot of documentaries on it and it's scary stuff, almost always the result of people doing silly things like engaging in rituals that they have no idea what the dangers are and they get a demon attached to them. Some of it is bogus and/or a hoax, sure. But some of that is real.

Black Diamond
03-27-2017, 04:02 PM
Spirits, demons, and the devil for sure.
My mother has seen ghosts her whole life but I've never seen one. Her sister said she saw their grandmother a couple years after she died.

Elessar
03-27-2017, 06:01 PM
I was pulling up to the house late one night after a wrestling match. The house was on the side of a steep hill.
Looked up and saw the shape of a human head between the old gray curtains in the attic window. Just the
shape, no features. I ran into the house, up the stairs to the trap door. We rented rooms to college students,
and I had put strips of tape on two sides of the panel so I could tell if someone tried to access it. They were still in place;
plus, if someone had opened it there would have been soot on the sides because there used to be a coal furnace
in the house. Ran back down to the street and the shape was gone. Nobody was in the house except Mom and the cat.

Another late night return...Mom and the cat were sitting in a chair and I head a rocker in the room above creaking back
and forth. Asked Mom if there was anyone else in the house..."No and I hear it too". Went up to the room and sure
enough the rocker was going back and forth.

When stationed in New York I had to go out to an unmanned lighthouse one early evening to reset a fog signal.
I left the crew on the boat in the slip, and entered the only accessible door which was where the panels were.
While waiting for it to charge, I heard a door close and footsteps on the second floor of the old crew's quarters
right next to the light...went the door, looked out and both crewmen were still on the boat. There is no way
anyone could have gotten past me. Name of the Light House? Execution Rocks. Two of our station's crew were
on the rock prior to it's automation. John and Bill told me they always heard something in the building while out there.

aboutime
03-27-2017, 06:59 PM
Sadly for the entire nation. The Ghosts of Obama, and Hillary seem to be everywhere...trying to take over, and SCARE everyone who dares to disagree with them.:witchbroom::monk::picknose:

LongTermGuy
03-27-2017, 11:42 PM
I have seen One spirit (what ever it was) In my house...I have an older house...lived in it 25 years...House was built in 1953....I bought it from an older lady...widow..Lived by her self...she was moving to nursing home...

The spirit...was a shadowy tall man with a black hat..black dress jacket...always catching glimpses of him...mostly around dining room...He never made any noise...He moved very fast .....I figured it was her husband... Lasted for about 2 months since the first time I seen him...I used to get up at night looking for him...(Flash light thing)...curiosity on my part... ...but no go..he only appeared on his terms..Then one day it stopped...

jimnyc
03-28-2017, 02:22 PM

Encounters?

Observations?

I believe, but never experienced or seen anything. I know folks that swear they have seen things, regarding lost loved ones and such. Actually, I wish I could experience something like that, so that I could believe even more, especially what happens "after"...

Gunny
03-28-2017, 03:38 PM
I believe, but never experienced or seen anything. I know folks that swear they have seen things, regarding lost loved ones and such. Actually, I wish I could experience something like that, so that I could believe even more, especially what happens "after"...I can tell you how to be a ghost. But what would be the point?

But if you're talkong about Casper .... :)

darin
03-29-2017, 01:09 AM
I sometimes wonder if we are the ghosts to them? I wonder if the worlds / dimensions bleed over across time and space-time.

Trigg
03-29-2017, 03:21 PM
hubby, and a few of his cousins, swear his grandparents old house is haunted. The house has been "sold" to various family members through the years and everyone avoids going into the basement and an upstairs bedroom.

Having never been in a haunted house, I doubt the stories. But, who knows.