PDA

View Full Version : Emergency Budget Plan Buys 62 Miles of Border Wall In 2017

jimnyc
03-28-2017, 02:27 PM
Just a drop in the bucket though. They need much more financing to push the entire wall through, but this is a start.

----

Donald Trump’s Emergency Budget Plan Buys 62 Miles of Border Wall In 2017

President Donald Trump’s immediate 2017 budget request will fund the first 62 miles of border walls and fences, pending the appropriation of more funds in late 2017 for additional construction in 2018, says a report from CNN.
According to CNN, ” The [2017] money will fund 14 miles of new border wall in San Diego, 28 miles of new levee wall barriers and six miles of new border wall in the Rio Grande Valley region and 14 miles of replacement fencing in San Diego.”

CNN’s report does not say how much of the $1 billion planned for extra spending in early 2017 would be allocated to planning and long-term construction of the border fence, which is expected to stretch along much of the nation’s 2,000-mile border. The fence or wall is expected to annually save tens of billions of dollars in reduced spending on illegals and also on offsetting the wage-cutting impact of illegal immigrants.

Already, according to CNN, the administration’s budget “documents also claim that Trump’s executive orders on immigration enforcement are already having an effect, saying arrests are up 50%, charges are up 40% and requests to detain arrested individuals who are deportable are up 80%.”

Trump’s new budget plans also call for an extra $2.6 billion in spending for 2018 to improve border security and construction.

Rest here - http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/03/28/trump-2017-spending-add-62-mile-border-wall-cnn/

revelarts
03-28-2017, 03:57 PM
so it looks like Trump can't get Mexico to pay for 62 miles... BUT I'm Sure he will!
Trumps a winner, and says what he means, and is the best deal maker evah evah

Black Diamond
03-28-2017, 04:26 PM
Jim has outlined multiple times what trump meant by Mexico paying for the wall.

revelarts
03-28-2017, 05:42 PM
Jim has outlined multiple times what trump meant by Mexico paying for the wall.
I'm not sure Trump needs a translator.
"he says what he means." right?

Trump: "Mexico will pay for it BELIEVE ME, the wall will go up so fast it will make your head spin."
"I will build a great wall -- and nobody builds walls better than me, believe me --and I'll build them very inexpensively. I will build a great, great wall on our southern border, and I will make Mexico pay for that wall. Mark my words."

CBS’s Lesley Stahl: “Are you really going to build a wall?”
Trump: “Yes.”
Stahl : “They’re talking about a fence in the Republican Congress, would you accept a fence?
Trump: “For certain areas, I would. But certain areas, a wall is more appropriate. I’m very good at this. It’s called construction…. It could be some fencing.”

Also, on the Trump-Pence website, under “Immigration,” there is a “10 Point Plan to Put America First.” (http://web.archive.org/web/20161230143956/https://www.donaldjtrump.com/policies/immigration)
The No. 1 item on the list said,
“Begin working on an impenetrable physical wall on the southern border, on day one. Mexico will pay for the wall.”

I'm Aware of Trumps proposals (http://web.archive.org/web/20161230143956/https://assets.donaldjtrump.com/Pay_for_the_Wall.pdf) on how to make Mexico pay.... including tariffs that U.S. citizens will end up paying for in higher prices of Mexican goods.
But for this 62 miles it's not Mexico paying for the wall is it?
Am i missing something here?

jimnyc
03-28-2017, 06:15 PM
It's been explained, and I've posted it a bunch of times prior. No need to rehash certain plans when it's only met with sarcasm and obviously ignored or not understood.

I'm happy the wall is getting started. The enhancements to our southern border are long overdue, IMO. I've said all along that I would even be more than happy to pay my fair $$ towards the wall. It's a win win win for me no matter how you slice and dice it. If the wall is projected to cost $12 - $21 billion, it's going to take some time to come up with all of that money in the budget. A wall/fence won't be going up literally overnight anyway. And hopefully along the way they will slowly get the funding back, or a large share of it. But I'm happy so long as the secure border goes up, and does continued enforcement and deportation of illegals. If I have to pay for it, so be it. :)

KarlMarx
03-28-2017, 06:39 PM
Walls to control immigration are nothing new. The Romans and the Chinese built them.. think of Hadrian's Wall in Britain and the Great Wall in China.

But walls aren't enough. I think it may not be a bad idea to have the military assist in patrolling the border, if it does not already do so.

Another thing that ought to be done is to bring the mayors of Chicago, New York, and Loopy Angeles on charges for willfully violating federal
immigration laws by allowing their cities to be sanctuaries for illegals. Hope spring eternal.