PDA

View Full Version : Too Many White Students

jimnyc
03-29-2017, 03:56 PM
CA Public School Punished for Having Too Many White Students

Once upon a time, the courts were desperate to come up with ways to prevent racial injustice in government entities like schools. Some might have worked, while others, not so much.

For example, take a policy that's currently impacting a North Hollywood school in California. The school now faces layoffs and increased class size, not because of insufficient tax revenue, but because there are just too many white kids there:

The Los Angeles Unified School District provides more funding for schools where the white population is below 30 percent.
In a letter to parents, the district noted the highly regarded middle school had been above the percentage for the past couple years.

The racial formula was a condition imposed by court decisions dealing with desegregation in the 1970s.

Parents, however, remain frustrated with what the cuts might mean for their children.

"When your class sizes are getting larger and you're taking resources away from students, I mean ss[sic] parents, you do want your kid to go out to college," one parent, Rosemary Estrada, said.

In an attempt to lessen the budget cuts, the district changed the school's spending formula to one based on the number of students.

Yeah.

Now, you can't force people to move into a school district, nor can you really force people to move out of a district. All a policy like this does is punish kids because of something that is wildly out of their control.

Rest here - https://pjmedia.com/trending/2017/03/29/ca-public-school-punished-for-having-too-many-white-students/

Kathianne
03-29-2017, 04:15 PM

Once upon a time, the courts were desperate to come up with ways to prevent racial injustice in government entities like schools. Some might have worked, while others, not so much.

For example, take a policy that's currently impacting a North Hollywood school in California. The school now faces layoffs and increased class size, not because of insufficient tax revenue, but because there are just too many white kids there:

Yeah.

Now, you can't force people to move into a school district, nor can you really force people to move out of a district. All a policy like this does is punish kids because of something that is wildly out of their control.

Rest here - https://pjmedia.com/trending/2017/03/29/ca-public-school-punished-for-having-too-many-white-students/

In all likelihood, the district will still have enough $$ to keep classroom sizes within reason. With that said, racial percentages are not the way to divvy up money.

If the district will lose enough funds to impact students of able parents, they'll move the kids to private schools, thus the %'s will fall back 'in line.'

Trigg
03-29-2017, 04:18 PM
The crazy thing about this policy is the percentage of minority students required to keep the level of funding the same, 70% minority is extremely high, even for California cities.

Another articles goes on to state that maybe people aren't stating their ethnicity correctly, in the Trump era, because they're afraid of identifying as Latino. Which is ridiculous since these schools have been having this issue for the last 2 years, not simply the last 2 months. So.........what is stopping white parents from listing their white kids as "hispanic" in order to keep the funding. Since, ethnicity isn't a race. This law is beyond asinine.

jimnyc
03-29-2017, 04:18 PM
In all likelihood, the district will still have enough $$ to keep classroom sizes within reason. With that said, racial percentages are not the way to divvy up money.

If the district will lose enough funds to impact students of able parents, they'll move the kids to private schools, thus the %'s will fall back 'in line.'

Other than a school discriminating against someone, I think trying to punish schools for things like this is stupid. Some towns have a lot of white folks, some have a lot of black folks. I know this is Cali... but for example, are they going to fine schools in Harlem for having too many black students? Like they said, you can't force in or out of the district.

Trigg
03-29-2017, 04:21 PM
Other than a school discriminating against someone, I think trying to punish schools for things like this is stupid. Some towns have a lot of white folks, some have a lot of black folks. I know this is Cali... but for example, are they going to fine schools in Harlem for having too many black students? Like they said, you can't force in or out of the district.
Exactly,

why are they punishing only those schools with to many white kids? Isn't that racism at it's finest?

Kathianne
03-29-2017, 04:45 PM

I know and agree. Never have seen something quite like this one. Chicago was under a 'consent decree,' for years, as was Boston. What happened over time was that the public schools lost students to private schools-both black and white. More people moved from the city to the suburbs, so their kids could go to schools where parents cared enough-Hallmark suburbs?

I can go with money distribution taking into account the number of students below the poverty line or something along those lines, but not race.

aboutime
03-29-2017, 09:18 PM

Yeah.

Other than calling it Racism at it's finest. All of this is also UNCONSTITUTIONAL because it is AUTHORIZED DISCRIMINATION.
Then again. What else could anyone expect to hear from CaliforniCATION?

LongTermGuy
03-29-2017, 11:26 PM
Liberalism...a Cancer of stupidity and Ignorance trying to fill its anti-white anti-America agenda...One day ...Liberals `wont be counted`...*but...hunted... be found.. picked up on the spot...and deported to a special place...no more of that nonsense would be allowed...

Abbey Marie
03-30-2017, 12:10 PM
It's the state's funding formula that is racist.
Where is the Anti Christian Liberties Union on this one? Oh, wait. :rolleyes: