PDA

View Full Version : What is your homepage?

jimnyc
03-29-2017, 04:32 PM
What is your homepage on your browser, aka the site that your browser goes to when you open it? :)

I've been using Yahoo for like 20 years now, maybe even longer, not sure. They scour and post news articles from all over, but seems it's getting to be more and more liberal stories. I prefer a homepage that offers the news, sports and a newspaper type of thing. I like Yahoo as it IS like a newspaper, and lets me get all of the news, sports, music and everything all in one site.

What do YOU use for your homepage?

Kathianne
03-29-2017, 04:42 PM
What is your homepage on your browser, aka the site that your browser goes to when you open it? :)

I've been using Yahoo for like 20 years now, maybe even longer, not sure. They scour and post news articles from all over, but seems it's getting to be more and more liberal stories. I prefer a homepage that offers the news, sports and a newspaper type of thing. I like Yahoo as it IS like a newspaper, and lets me get all of the news, sports, music and everything all in one site.

With my chromebook, I have 8 sites, (one of which is DP) that I can click on to open. My first 'news site' is RCP.

Abbey Marie
03-29-2017, 05:40 PM
Mine is YAHOO too. It's a-ight.

jimnyc
03-29-2017, 05:54 PM
With my chromebook, I have 8 sites, (one of which is DP) that I can click on to open. My first 'news site' is RCP.

I want just one! I have the bookmarks bar across the top, and once my browser is open I can choose one of 26 sites. More if I shortened the site names. :) But I mean just the one that my browser opens by default.

I love RCP! But the last thing I need is an entirely political related site for my homepage. I'll be in a shitty and angry mood by the end of my first coffee. :(

Mine is YAHOO too. It's a-ight.

Do you find any conservative news ever being posted? Or like me, mostly left leaning and/or not liking republican stories?

I do still like their sports section!

aboutime
03-29-2017, 06:25 PM
DRUDGEREPORT
He verifies, and doublechecks everything before he posts.
In other words...the most reliable TRUTHFUL site.

gabosaurus
03-29-2017, 08:06 PM
I have the Los Angeles Times. Since I want to know what is happening where I live.

Kathianne
03-29-2017, 08:11 PM
I want just one! I have the bookmarks bar across the top, and once my browser is open I can choose one of 26 sites. More if I shortened the site names. :) But I mean just the one that my browser opens by default.

I love RCP! But the last thing I need is an entirely political related site for my homepage. I'll be in a shitty and angry mood by the end of my first coffee. :(

Do you find any conservative news ever being posted? Or like me, mostly left leaning and/or not liking republican stories?

That's what I meant, at least on my chromebook, there is no 'homepage' to pick. It's 'google' and my 8 top sites.

darin
03-30-2017, 04:19 AM
I use Jim's facebook wall.

LongTermGuy
03-30-2017, 08:32 AM

Yahoo...Like you... used it a long time...and use to their set-up....

...Ya very Liberal and deceitful as far as news stories go....which I Ignore...Or when Im bored..go to their comments and join the other Patriots fighting the Liberal Ignorance...:coffee:

Abbey Marie
03-30-2017, 09:04 AM

Nah, it's a liberal swamp like most "media". I don't read their political stories.

jimnyc
03-30-2017, 04:25 PM
DRUDGEREPORT
He verifies, and doublechecks everything before he posts.
In other words...the most reliable TRUTHFUL site.

It's definitely one of my most visited sites daily, since they continually update. They do lean right, but there's so many news feeds going in there that you get a bit of everything. But everything leads away from their site, so it wouldn't work for my "all in one" homepage.

I have the Los Angeles Times. Since I want to know what is happening where I live.

I don't like the paper, but I do like the layout they have. This is also a must visit site I have bookmarked. They do have a lot of good news nationwide, even if they lean to the left.

That's what I meant, at least on my chromebook, there is no 'homepage' to pick. It's 'google' and my 8 top sites.

I guess in your case, it would be what site you go to when you click the home button. But nothing wrong with all the choices!! When I open a new tab on my browser, the new tab is a page showing ALL of my bookmarks in a nice little layout.

I use Jim's facebook wall.

You don't care for the news, or ANY updates for that fact? My facebook wall/feed sucks!

Yahoo...Like you... used it a long time...and use to their set-up....

...Ya very Liberal and deceitful as far as news stories go....which I Ignore...Or when Im bored..go to their comments and join the other Patriots fighting the Liberal Ignorance...:coffee:

Yes, coffee does in fact make Yahoo better! :)

Nah, it's a liberal swamp like most "media". I don't read their political stories.

And I might be stuck here for awhile. Then again, maybe I will in fact try a local news site - like NY Daily News, or the NY Post. All the local news, and national, in one place. BUT I HATE CHANGE!!! Even though I hate Yahoo, I always end up returning as it's "what I know". :(

gabosaurus
03-30-2017, 04:46 PM
Nothing wrong with Yahoo. I find them to be very moderate in terms of news values.

darin
03-31-2017, 01:59 AM
I simply land on whatever chrome or firefox have. I don't really care about tabbing out to the pages I want to see. No effort.

LongTermGuy
04-01-2017, 08:05 AM
Nothing wrong with Yahoo. I find them to be very moderate in terms of news values.

I "use" Yahoo...like "Yahoo" tries to use `Americans`....Again...I find their comment sections useful...

KarlMarx
04-01-2017, 11:02 AM
I treat my laptop like an iPhone.... I have Google as a home page... and I have icons on my desktop that take me to the sites I visit most (like here)...

Kathianne
04-01-2017, 11:05 AM
I treat my laptop like an iPhone.... I have Google as a home page... and I have icons on my desktop that take me to the sites I visit most (like here)...

Same as mine. Mine's a 'chrome book,' not just 'chrome browser,' the google set up is just the only option on opening.

KarlMarx
04-01-2017, 06:41 PM
Same as mine. Mine's a 'chrome book,' not just 'chrome browser,' the google set up is just the only option on opening.

I like the idea of a ChromeBook, it's simple and everything is out on the web. I've read that they are pretty secure, since most viruses don't affect them.. I've been thinking of getting one for myself. How do you like yours? Would you buy another one?

Kathianne
04-01-2017, 06:49 PM
I like the idea of a ChromeBook, it's simple and everything is out on the web. I've read that they are pretty secure, since most viruses don't affect them.. I've been thinking of getting one for myself. How do you like yours? Would you buy another one?

There's pluses and minuses.

Pro:
1. cost
2. very easy to use, intuitive like macs, without the cost
3. small numbers make them less a target of viruses

Con:
1. few apps, thus can't use fitbit, etc. Many things just won't 'recognize' so you're out of luck. Almost has been enough to make me switch to windows based laptop.