PDA

View Full Version : In Moscow Khrushchev-era buildings to be replaced by ones of new generation

Balu
03-31-2017, 08:13 PM
Khrushchev-era buildings to be replaced by new generation monolithic and panel structures in Moscow

13 March 2017

http://archsovet.msk.ru/image/pressa/b_6499d2d1d7d871f4b463c0fd77292e97.jpg

The new buildings will have modern lifts, large halls and entrance halls comfortable enough for parents with prams and people with disabilities.

Residents of rundown five-storey buildings will move into new comfortable homes. Khrushchev-era buildings will be replaced by new generation monolithic and panel structures. «The buildings will provide a new level of comfort. There will be good modern lifts and bright halls, outfitted to meet the needs of people with limited mobility, that is, people with disabilities, mothers with prams and pensioners,» Sergei Sobyanin told journalists.

Nearly 1.6 million residents of buildings scheduled to be demolished are eligible for new housing. Those who have been put on the waiting list will be given flats in line with the social norm of living space. The Moscow Mayor explained: «Judging from our previous resettlement practice, sometimes we had to offer a swap of two or even three flats. This is what we will have to do this time as well. If a person who is on the waiting list refuses our offer for any reason, he/she will be resettled in line with the same procedure as for the rest of those who are to be resettled. If he/she accept our offer, such a person will be given new housing in line with the norms meant for those who are on the waiting list so as not to be forced to resettle two times.»

The rest of the citizens will be provided with flats with a living space equal to that of their current property. Most importantly, non-living space in the new buildings is usually larger than that in the Soviet-era houses. Sergei Sobyanin noted: «I used to live in a Khrushchev-era building myself and I know very well what sort of bathrooms, kitchens and halls these buildings used to have. This sort of accommodation is no longer built. All these are now much larger and more comfortable, due to which the total area turns out bigger than in a Khrushchev-era apartment.» The quality of the flat will be completely different as well.

The cost of a new dwelling will be higher than in a Khrushchev-era building. «When a person moves into a new flat, the value of their dwelling increases by 30–35 percent. Individuals should understand that their flat is more expensive. This gives a sense of more financial stability,» Sergei Sobyanin added.

The new programme for upgrading the Moscow housing stock will possibly include up to 7,900 five-storey buildings. The old buildings lasted 50–60 years, while the service life of the new ones will be at least 100 years.

-------------------------------
The Khrushchev house construction boom to improve living conditions of our citizens started in 1958, in 13 years the War was over. The new apartments were rendered free of charge. Since 1992 they were privatized by their occupants (by those who wanted it) also free of charge and became their property.
The first wave of resettlement started in 1999.
If this subject is interesting for you, I'll try to answer you questions if any.

Drummond
04-01-2017, 03:54 AM
Bearing in mind the time difference, as it relates to your own location ... and as you've already posted, elsewhere, about April Fools Day ... Balu, is this your April Fools' joke ?

Balu
04-01-2017, 04:34 AM
Bearing in mind the time difference, as it relates to your own location ... and as you've already posted, elsewhere, about April Fools Day ... Balu, is this your April Fools' joke ?

Read my post from the very top. There is a date of publication or follow the link to the original.
https://www.mos.ru/en/news/item/21517073/
Besides, I hope that you are smart enough to use Google to learn about the subject in question should you occur to be interested.
An example dated June 23, 2014 - http://www.interpretermag.com/the-passing-of-a-soviet-landmark-last-khrushchev-apartments-coming-down-at-least-in-moscow/http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/standart/dirol.gif

Drummond
04-01-2017, 05:39 AM
Read my post from the very top. There is a date of publication or follow the link to the original.
https://www.mos.ru/en/news/item/21517073/
Besides, I hope that you are smart enough to use Google to learn about the subject in question should you occur to be interested.
An example dated June 23, 2014 - http://www.interpretermag.com/the-passing-of-a-soviet-landmark-last-khrushchev-apartments-coming-down-at-least-in-moscow/http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/standart/dirol.gif

... OK ... sorry.

But you have to admit, it DID read like an April Fools' joke !!!

Balu
04-01-2017, 06:12 AM
... OK ... sorry.

But you have to admit, it DID read like an April Fools' joke !!!
For you it did. For us this is the way of our life. And you proved once again that you know too few about us and the way we live, as you are fed by one-sided and biased information only. For me it is not strange. I know it and am accustomed to it.

Drummond
04-01-2017, 06:30 AM
For you it did. For us this is the way of our life. And you proved once again that you know too few about us and the way we live, as you are fed by one-sided and biased information only. For me it is not strange. I know it and am accustomed to it.

... Well ... even so, there's room for criticism, it seems to me.

Russian wages aren't high. By Western standards, Russian people are, in the main, paid very poorly indeed (and you already know I can post material which backs this up), and they only survive in any degree of comfort because basic necessities are artificially inexpensive.

So when I read, as I did from your first posting here ...

The cost of a new dwelling will be higher than in a Khrushchev-era building. When a person moves into a new flat, the value of their dwelling increases by 30–35 percent.
... this suggests that (a) fully affordable accommodation is being demolished, and in its place, (b) more expensive flats are replacing them. So, a loss of more affordable flats, and in their place, less affordable ones.

Whether or not this all turns out to be a GOOD thing, is therefore surely highly debatable at best ...

Kathianne
04-01-2017, 06:33 AM
If I read the article right, people 'own' these flats, but now the government comes and says they are demolishing them. They will put up 'nicer, bigger, better' and those people will be assigned one, which they can agree to pay for (more) or they can get in line for another to be assigned and paid for by them.

This they call a move towards capitalism. LOL!

Balu
04-01-2017, 04:38 PM
If I read the article right, people 'own' these flats, but now the government comes and says they are demolishing them. They will put up 'nicer, bigger, better' and those people will be assigned one, which they can agree to pay for (more) or they can get in line for another to be assigned and paid for by them.

This they call a move towards capitalism. LOL!

You read wrong.
There are 2 categories of residents. First live in their own, privatized flats, which are their PROPERTY. They are those who decided to privatize them since 90s, or bought them on the secondary real estate market. The second are those, who didn't want to do this, thus the flats remain in the status of the municipal houses.
Let us consider every category separately to avoid the vinaigrette in brains.
1. The owner of the flat, which is his property, will be offered 2-3 variants FOR FREE, it means HE WILL NOT PAY a cent for a new flat, where the number of rooms and the square of the rooms is not less than that of the flat to be substituted. In modern, new building the square of facilities (kitchens, bathrooms, toilets, halls, balconies, loggias, built-in wardrobes) is larger according to the existing standards. Thus such a flat is more comfortable and the price of such a flat on the market is higher (30-35%) than his old one.
Besides, should a person has in his property 2 flats, he will offered 2 flats of higher living standards.
But, there may be a case that he has a numerous family and in this case by his request the offered square will be calculated basing on the existing social norms. Nowadays it is 18 sq. meters per capita (the square of all the facilities excluded) plus children of different gender will have separate room. So, sometimes it may be advantageous for the owner.
2. Those who live in municipal flats will be offered 2-3 variants of a new flat according to present social norms.
In all cases the new flats are given in the same city district, free of charge and the Municipality provides free transportation of household items.
As far as the total square of the flat increases there may be a certain increase in utility payments (heating) and property tax.
Something like this in brief.