PDA

View Full Version : April 1 - a good day to enjoy some quotations ...?

sear
04-01-2017, 09:24 AM
We have no option other then to be bitterly optimistic. Schroeder

The important thing is to keep an open mind, otherwise we will see the truth and not recognize it.

Tolerance: regarded a virtue among those without principle.
paraphrased display outside church, Little Falls, NY 09/98

Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - G. Marx

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. - Mark Twain or Groucho Marx.

I have found the best way to give advice to your children is to find out what they want and then advice them to do it. --Harry S. Truman

It often happens that I wake at night and begin to think about a serious problem and decide I must tell the Pope about it. Then I wake up completely and remember that I am the Pope. --Pope John XXIII

Bigamy is having one wife too many. Monogamy is the same. --Oscar Wilde

aboutime
04-01-2017, 03:09 PM
Is it too much to ask that on APRIL FIRST, members like sear, get the hint, and HONESTLY leave? Not because of the date, but rather, due to the arrogance factor that exposes the true identity of a SNOB?

Balu
04-01-2017, 06:58 PM
MOSCOW, April 1. /TASS/. On April’s Fool day, Russia’s Foreign Ministry offered Western politicians to help interfere in election campaigns, make a diplomat’s call to opponents and provide services of Russian hackers, the ministry said in a prank of "the Russian embassy’s answering machine" posted on its Facebook page on Saturday.
"You have reached the Russian embassy. Your call is very important to us. To arrange a call from a Russian diplomat to your political opponents, press 1. To use the services of Russian hackers, press 2. To request election interference, press 3 and wait until the next election campaign. Please note that all calls are recorded for quality improvement and training purposes," the answering machine says.
The recording is available, first in Russian and then in English.
Nevertheless, diplomats’ humor has been sometimes taken too seriously.
"On April 1, at three in the afternoon (12.00 GMT) Associated Press reporters phoned the Russian Foreign Ministry’s information and press department and asked to ‘officially confirm’ that the recording on the answering machine was a prank," Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Maria Zakharova wrote on her Facebook page. "I am sorry that we have ruined the holiday for AP as they had been celebrating for sure."

Russia’s Foreign Ministry has repeatedly reiterated that any accusations of Russia’s interference in elections, hacking into computers and databases, influence on other countries’ internal affairs are absolutely groundless and are not substantiated by any evidence.

More:
http://tass.com/politics/938800